DOA6 interviews

SaihateDYNAMO

Cafe Douglas might also be a stage, it was shown in 2 trailers + it's the only area out of the ones mentioned in the picture below that hasn't been confirmed to be playable.

ozjcZ5V.png
Yeah that "gO ahEAd and bEAt Em!!" cutscene with Tina and Mila is going to look really dumb if Mila and Bass magically teleport to the museum or the coliseum to fight. It looks like an entire plaza so I hope it actually IS a stage so my dream of a shopping mall stage can come true!

That sounds wild xD it could also be the night time version of the hidden garden stage too, Maybe after Ryu and Hayate fought Kasumi intervened or something and they used the fireflies for that specific scene. I mean they did use the destroyed lab for the DOA5 story mode only xD
More reason for the night time Hidden Garden to be playable tbh! If so, it's probably going to be the "replacement" for Aerial Gardens, but I wish fighters could fall into the water like in Aerial Gardens.

Hold_Junkie93

I find it pretty unsettling that despite all these materials, you still cannot grasp Shimbori's final form. Every article paints him as a different person, interviews have next to no reliability because they're always in some language that's not Japanese, then followed up with the inevitable "the translation was totally wrong guys" or "you misunderstood", while each person in the masses has a Shimbori in their mind that suits their own narrative. Are we sure this guy even exists at all?

Memes aside, did they say there's an option to disable the clothes rip? Nothing to do with prude, I just never particularly liked looking at tattered hobo clothing and the idea of turning them up doesn't sound too promising.
lmao does he exist? That was a good one. I agree. japanese video game developers have serious lack of communication in general Don't get me started on SFV season 4. Iirc Itagaki use to treat everything very secretive, hence, "Team Ninja" but I don't think this is much of a call back to that. I'm surpised they are saying this much but if interviewers just asked the right questions more.

Dr PaC

lmao does he exist? That was a good one. I agree. japanese video game developers have serious lack of communication in general Don't get me started on SFV season 4. Iirc Itagaki use to treat everything very secretive, hence, "Team Ninja" but I don't think this is much of a call back to that. I'm surpised they are saying this much but if interviewers just asked the right questions more.
As long as I get C Viper this year finally, Capcom can be as quiet as they want to

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
https://twinfinite.net/2019/01/dead...h-more/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

New interview article ^.^

It basically says mostly what we already heard but it disconfirms a photo mode >.> Story mode also is about 2 hours long for most players but beginning players he says will probably take longer.

He Also addressed the whole double standard of how games like SC6 can get away with overt sexualization and he also said that we should "quietly" enjoy the revealing costumes so that they can make more which is strange xD

Overall the interview was mostly stuff im sure we knew but at least we know a few more things in regards to photo mode(although it's technically still in if you screenshot in on ps4 in spectator replay mode).

I also personally think he should have better showed the hypocrisy with how big games like SC can get away with stuff DOA has already done, but maybe he doesn't want to draw to much attention to that aspect.

Last edited:

Dr PaC

https://twinfinite.net/2019/01/dead...h-more/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

New interview article ^.^

It basically says mostly what we already heard but it disconfirms a photo mode >.> Story mode also is about 2 hours long for most players but beginning players he says will probably take longer.

He Also addressed the whole double standard of how games like SC6 can get away with overt sexualization and he also said that we should "quietly" enjoy the revealing costumes so that they can make more which is strange xD

Overall the interview was mostly stuff im sure we knew but at least we know a few more things in regards to photo mode(although it's technically still in if you screenshot in on ps4 in spectator replay mode).

I also personally think he should have better showed the hypocrisy with how big games like SC can get away with stuff DOA has already done, but maybe he doesn't want to draw to much attention to that aspect.

G: They went pretty far with the fanservice, and they seem not to have any problems…

YS: The reason why they can get away it is one one of the big mysteries of the world. SoulCalibur can do it and doesn’t get a beating over it, but even when Dead or Alive doesn’t do it, it still gets criticized.

If anyone can tell me why this happens, and how to fix it, please introduce them to me [laughs].

Again, if people talk too much about it, others will come in and bash it. So just enjoy it and please trust me. I’ll make a nice game that the fans will be happy about.

*Thats called bias and favoritism Shimbori. Haters gonna hate, dont worry about it

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
G: They went pretty far with the fanservice, and they seem not to have any problems…

YS: The reason why they can get away it is one one of the big mysteries of the world. SoulCalibur can do it and doesn’t get a beating over it, but even when Dead or Alive doesn’t do it, it still gets criticized.

If anyone can tell me why this happens, and how to fix it, please introduce them to me [laughs].

Again, if people talk too much about it, others will come in and bash it. So just enjoy it and please trust me. I’ll make a nice game that the fans will be happy about.

*Thats called bias and favoritism Shimbori. Haters gonna hate, dont worry about it
That's exactly what he should have said since it is a bias thing xD but I think he's trying to play nice and not throw them under the bus which I can respect, especially if he wants to work with other companies since starting something with another franchise can cost you a collab or two like in the music industry. As long as we get good content I'll be as quiet enjoying it as he wants xD

Dr PaC

That's exactly what he should have said since it is a bias thing xD but I think he's trying to play nice and not throw them under the bus which I can respect, especially if he wants to work with other companies since starting something with another franchise can cost you a collab or two like in the music industry. As long as we get good content I'll be as quiet enjoying it as he wants xD
Same

SaihateDYNAMO

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think it's really sad that they just don't add the fucking characters people ask for. This was marketed as an ESPORT game. Storyline is a poor excuse to not bring a character back. Calling Momiji and Rachel guests is a poor excuse as well when they own the fucking characters.

They act like the assets are not right in front of them. Shimbori says maybe if the game sells. LOL that's the response. Do it right the first time and it will sell instead of making 3 iterations.

His piss poor argument "reminding people" that they are from Ninja Gaiden. AND Hayabusa???????? Deerrrr

Sometimes I look at Shimbori's arguments and I shake my god dammed head and think that's not the real reason behind this choice.

Baji Breakdancer

I totally get Shimbori and friends not wanting to have Ninja Gaiden characters at launch. I'm also suspicious as to whether Rachel and Momiji are actually as popular as Twitter commenters suggest. I don't think I've ever actually seen a Momiji player online or in a tournament. Rachel saw tournament play, but so did Gen Fu and he also got the axe.

But I also am never that invested in guest characters. I'd rather the roster stay reasonably small, and any coveted spots down the line be reserved for DOA original characters. Marie Rose and Honoka are very popular and play pretty wild, and Diego and NiCO seem like a lot of fun. I'm interested to see what they could come up with next.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I totally get Shimbori and friends not wanting to have Ninja Gaiden characters at launch. I'm also suspicious as to whether Rachel and Momiji are actually as popular as Twitter commenters suggest. I don't think I've ever actually seen a Momiji player online or in a tournament. Rachel saw tournament play, but so did Gen Fu and he also got the axe.

But I also am never that invested in guest characters. I'd rather the roster stay reasonably small, and any coveted spots down the line be reserved for DOA original characters. Marie Rose and Honoka are very popular and play pretty wild, and Diego and NiCO seem like a lot of fun. I'm interested to see what they could come up with next.

It's very easy to not be concerned for other characters when you already have your own figured out. You never played a Momiji online? Really!? Gen Fu didn't get the axe as bad because his moveset lives on in Eliot, and I believe it.

Momiji was one of the most popular characters in Japan. I'm not big on her, but I do like Rachel because she's a female/heavy and the game could use at least one more. Once again you can't call them guest characters without calling Ryu one and he became a mainstay just fine. A true guest means you are signing a deal with another company to bring the character in.

It's a stupid argument. I'll say it once and say it again. Everyone is happy in smash because everyone got their character. DOA6 is essentially another take on DOA5s engine. It shouldn't be a big deal at all to bring them in. Especially when it appears that Nyo-Tengu has very little new move list by the looks of it from DOA5.

There will always be people opposed and fine with a removal of character. Especially if it is not one of their own. It means they have to study one less matchup that could irritate them in offline play.

N1ce Dreams

It's very easy to not be concerned for other characters when you already have your own figured out. You never played a Momiji online? Really!? Gen Fu didn't get the axe as bad because his moveset lives on in Eliot, and I believe it.

Momiji was one of the most popular characters in Japan. I'm not big on her, but I do like Rachel because she's a female/heavy and the game could use at least one more. Once again you can't call them guest characters without calling Ryu one and he became a mainstay just fine. A true guest means you are signing a deal with another company to bring the character in.

It's a stupid argument. I'll say it once and say it again. Everyone is happy in smash because everyone got their character. DOA6 is going on DOA5s engine. It shouldn't be a big deal at all to bring them in. Especially when it appears that Nyo-Tengu has very little new move list by the looks of it from DOA5.
Hayabusa isn't a guest in DoA, he's been in it from the very start.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD