DOA6 List of bugs to fix and enhancements suggestions for Team Ninja

Architect

When timed correctly, doing Phase 4's 9P>P+K right on top of the opponent's BB, Phase is left at +29. Very rare occasion but still a bug.

RootofEvil

I just had a really weird situation. During a ranked matched I was controlling the opponent and my character was just doing nothing. After the Match ended the game just froze. I don't know if it was hacked or if it was really a bug in the game.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I noticed a lot of flaws when it comes to how the characters legs, body, and elbows are positioned. In some cases the heads are even backwards. A lot of the kicks are wrong when it comes to the supporting legs. sometimes it is tilted as if the character is going to fall over. I tried to re-animate one of Jann Lee's kicks View attachment 28486View attachment 28518
A lot of the earlier DOA animations were better for some reason.

Sotherius

I noticed a lot of flaws when it comes to how the characters legs, body, and elbows are positioned. In some cases the heads are even backwards. A lot of the kicks are wrong when it comes to the supporting legs. sometimes it is tilted as if the character is going to fall over. I tried to re-animate one of Jann Lee's kicks View attachment 28486View attachment 28518

.... Actually, the kick animation in game is pretty much spot on. You could say the feet on the ground should move a bit more to give the hip a better angle, but everything else is pretty much grounded. Though to add some extra proof:

Architect

When active frames for a SSA and BB collide, the opponent loses the full BB meter. Should it be modified such that if a trade occurs, the person using BB loses one meter? Or decrease the SSA's damage to 29 instead of 30 that way the BB has higher priority? Currently both SSA and initial hit of the BB are at 30 pts of damage.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
When active frames for a SSA and BB collide, the opponent loses the full BB meter. Should it be modified such that if a trade occurs, the person using BB loses one meter? Or decrease the SSA's damage to 29 instead of 30 that way the BB has higher priority? Currently both SSA and initial hit of the BB are at 30 pts of damage.

Make sure to tag Manny (Master) on Twitter to let TN know.

WAZAAAAA

but it looks so cool

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Lobby chat doesn't seem to work correctly.
If I spectate match 1 and post a message, people who spectate match 2, 3, etc. or opt out of spectating won't be able to see it.
I don't think this is intended behaviour ><

That's how it worked in DOA4 and 5. You only get the chat messages once you're connected to the lobby.

werewolfgold

So, one thing that might have gotten mentioned before is that the back of Hayate's hood in his default costume is jacked up texture-wise. It's rather annoying because...how do you not look at the model from the back before sending it to print? Come on, now.

Also, the specialized intro quotes between characters aren't aligning right. The game still has the intro pose set to random even if they're facing someone that they have an intro quote with. So, you'll end up with one character acknowledging the other, but the other just saying something generic unless the random is in both of their favor.

And then, some DOA5 intro and outro poses still are missing from the game. If you're gonna add them at all, add all of them.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So I was playing Arcade mode because why not and in the last moment I noticed this awful skinning issue in Kasumi's right leg due a what seemed to be a strange shadow:

Just wow

That looks messed up. Kasumi should see a doctor ASAP, lol.

Oh, panning the camera around you can also see her low polygon butt. Why the hell did they do that? Why reduce polygons when finally going from last to current generation quality models? x__X

Derock

So I was playing Arcade mode because why not and in the last moment I noticed this awful skinning issue in Kasumi's right leg due a what seemed to be a strange shadow:

Just wow

Alright, who messed up my girl?! It looked like someone stabbed her right leg!

Lycanthrope -R-

Busa's neck is still not in good working condition, either. They did not take the appropriate time when painting the model weights. :confused:

IMG_20190724_221930.jpg

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I uploaded two videos testing DOA5 and DOA6 wetness and sweating effects.

In DOA5 you could see sweat/water falling down in characters faces, also some water drops distributed through out characters bodies meanwhile in DOA6 all you can see is just a single basic water drop dropping from characters chin.

In DOA5 some cloth materials also would get darker in water stages simulating wetness meanwhile in DOA5 they only added semi-transparent morphs and some raindrops in the clothes.

DOA6 sweating and wetness effects are a huge downgrade from DOA5.

Oh, panning the camera around you can also see her low polygon butt. Why the hell did they do that? Why reduce polygons when finally going from last to current generation quality models? x__X

I would say the polygon count it's more or less the same:

But with DOA6 lightning is way easier to notice sharp and cutting edges

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I would say the polygon count it's more or less the same:

But with DOA6 lightning is way easier to notice sharp and cutting edges

No, I checked myself before and the butt has noticably more sharp angles in DOA6. I easily saw this on your videos as well.
Legs and shoulders are also areas where I noticed less polygons on the female characters.

fwdp0yus76dn7p3zg.jpg

flymf7efe46jn8dzg.jpg

Jyu_Viole_Grace

No, I checked myself before and the butt has noticably more sharp angles in DOA6. I easily saw this on your videos as well.
Legs and shoulders are also areas where I noticed less polygons on the female characters.

fwdp0yus76dn7p3zg.jpg

flymf7efe46jn8dzg.jpg

What I mean for "they look more or less the same" is that in DOA5LR, in close ups, you still can notice the low polygon count.

DOAX3 has the better models and the butts have a way higher polygon count, being almost perfectly rounded like the breasts in both DOA5 and DOA6. If it was for me, all characters should be upgraded to that level of quality and with better hair models and physics but ....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD