DOA6 List of bugs to fix and enhancements suggestions for Team Ninja

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, did they fix the fugly hair yet?

33644820638_2f319472c9_o.png

46797929214_25894ee42d_o.png

I'm only jumping back into the game when the risk of contracting eye cancer is considerably lower again.

Macca Beam

nothing severe but the UI is sloppy

things hilariously off-center

restart.jpg

typos

amout.jpg

icons on the left side guide are smaller and harder to read than they used to be, on top of the clear lamp popping out more thanks to its size + white glow

wtf.jpg

another pet peeve is the game doesn't boot in a focused state for me. i have to click on the game screen a few times otherwise all my inputs will go to whatever app's underneath it.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

nothing severe but the UI is sloppy

things hilariously off-center

View attachment 28338

typos

View attachment 28339

icons on the left side guide are smaller and harder to read than they used to be, on top of the clear lamp popping out more thanks to its size + white glow

View attachment 28340

another pet peeve is the game doesn't boot in a focused state for me. i have to click on the game screen a few times otherwise all my inputs will go to whatever app's underneath it.
Waiting for the day they’ll decide to stop messing with shit that didn’t need to be touched at all.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Hitomi hair physics were WAY better in TGS 2018 build but Team Ninja downgraded them in DOA Festival build for some reason.

TGS build:

Look at Hitomi's win pose at 3:05, hair physics feels so natural and smooth.

Final version:

1:37

Hair physic bodies collisions with other physics bodies are broken, hair fall offs way faster, with a lot clipping and it feels really really rigid.

Why did this happen? I really don't understand this game. What a disaster.

This makes me cry.

Architect

There's a bug where while we go into crouch (blocking the entire time) we still get hit by certain highs. Don't have a clip unfortunately.

Darrell

I noticed a lot of flaws when it comes to how the characters legs, body, and elbows are positioned. In some cases the heads are even backwards. A lot of the kicks are wrong when it comes to the supporting legs. sometimes it is tilted as if the character is going to fall over. I tried to re-animate one of Jann Lee's kicks
k.jpg
Animation2.gif

Last edited:

Darrell

Not Bruce. Jann. Bruce's supporting leg is straight. You can tell a lot of his moves were inspired by Bruce, but they aren't accurate. 6:30 of that video is the only thing they got spot on. I think a lot are use to seeing these positioning, without realizing how much better they would look if they tweeked the moves. Look at his ankle. You do notice these things during gameplay too. In the 2nd pic, his upper body is almost twisted completely around before his lower body.
Frame 9 010.jpg
Frame 40 041.jpg
This isn't something that is just with Jann.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

This would be easily fixable limiting intros and outros for stages and costumes.

This intro shouldn't trigger in this stage, like Kasumi shouldn't also trigger her new DOA 6 intro with costumes that don't wear her wakizashi or Kokoro should only trigger her wagasa intro with her furisode kimono. But for that they need more intros and outros.

And talking about APO stage, there's something wrong with this stage ambient occlusion:

This tweet is about seams in necks but you can see how they messed it up shadows in this stage.

Architect

There exists an Infinite where you can spam those attacks that push the opponent far back (as long as the opponent keeps countering mid or high after each attack). Example: Put the opponent in stun then spam Helena's 46P, Hitomi 66P (microdash required), Jann Lee 66P or 8PP, etc...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD