DOA6 Story Discussion

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
It feels like Honoka and Marie's story, now. With some Nico on the side.
I was saying that the whole story mode. I've since started calling Kasumi the Ex Protag. And calling her BB Ex Main Character Powers. It's been a hoot so far. Oh god Honoka is the main protag someone help I want to get off the train this is insane what is actually happening with this freaking story.

zoo

Yeah honoka being ayane's sister pretty much makes her a main character.
No one really takes DOA's plot seriously but now it's damn near impossible to since honoka is a literal meme character. Part of me wishes Marie and Honoka took the role Leifang and Hitomi have of being the bff side characters who enter the tourney while the other two have a more story role if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Ted E. Bear

was zack winning the 3rd tournament a thing before doa6? cause some people sound like they were aware of it all along
anyways... there's one thing that has bothered me for a long time now. for a tournament you need 8, 16, 32... participants. the first doa got this right but since the addition of ayane & bass this is basically ignored.

Darth Lotonic X

Doa6 story mode is pretty garbo, but the comedy elements are on point. If they had more of stuff like Eliot trying super hard not to stare on Honoka tits and the bird meme reference it would have been so much more bearable.

P2p1mbs

Ironically though, despite being the most popular of them, Marie is actually the least significant of them when you think about it; she could have been cut from the story an very little would need to be changed.

-Honoka would still be Raidou's child and be targeted by MIST

-Ayane would still have been captured

-MIST and NiCO's goals would remain unchanged

Brute

Standard Donor
Ironically though, despite being the most popular of them, Marie is actually the least significant of them when you think about it
I don't actually think she's the most popular. Maybe in DOAX or some shit, but I rarely ever see her played online and I don't know a single person that mains her. Compare that to the 90% of online matches where I fight Nico and the other 10% where I fight Honoka and it's just hard to swallow that Marie is somehow the most popular. Granted, part of it probably has to do with the fact that Marie kinda sucks in this game, but still.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Not really, I feel like most of you guys overrate the hell out of how much either of those 3 matter in the story(Well except NiCO but again, that's part of the point).

Honoka is honestly the most important... and that was just to revive Raidou and that's it.
Marie was there to basically establish their actual friendship and how someone like her can be WAY out of their element at the tail end.
NiCO atleast is basically built to be a threat and a rogue element for her own gain.

I wouldn't really say that this is their story now as atleast if cannot really see how the story will suddenly focus on them any more than we can say for Hitomi, Kokoro or Mila.

Brute

Standard Donor
That's about the peak of story relevance in this game. Nothing remotely interesting or vital happens in anyone's story.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah I don't think she is most popular, and Team NINJA screwed the pooch with her story inclusion.

NiCO's was better. Marie Rose didn't come off as the wicked little servant she was advertised as. More of an overly defensive friend that sounds like tails from Sonic.

zoo

what the cover to DOA6 should've been
honk6.png

That's about the peak of story relevance in this game. Nothing remotely interesting or vital happens in anyone's story.

Eh... you may think I'm overly defending the story but I honestly see otherwise.

Yeah I don't think she is most popular, and Team NINJA screwed the pooch with her story inclusion.

NiCO's was better. Marie Rose didn't come off as the wicked little servant she was advertised as. More of an overly defensive friend that sounds like tails from Sonic.

Honestly, I think people overdid that of their own volition. Throughout DOA5, I never once got that she was evil or going to kill Helena or anything. Not only then would she be a shit version of Christie, there would be no reason to care at all about her.
All I seen from DOA5 is what they showed in DOA6: Marie Rose is a condescending brat only just barely below Ayane in terms of being an asshole to anyone else who isn't Helena or Honoka. She knows full well how small she is and it still permeates through her lines and I wouldn't be surprised if her defeat pose still has her fake crying.

Never understood why people thought she was going to be the next Christie, that would be just stupid.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Eh... you may think I'm overly defending the story but I honestly see otherwise.

Honestly, I think people overdid that of their own volition. Throughout DOA5, I never once got that she was evil or going to kill Helena or anything. Not only then would she be a shit version of Christie, there would be no reason to care at all about her.
All I seen from DOA5 is what they showed in DOA6: Marie Rose is a condescending brat only just barely below Ayane in terms of being an asshole to anyone else who isn't Helena or Honoka. She knows full well how small she is and it still permeates through her lines and I wouldn't be surprised if her defeat pose still has her fake crying.

Never understood why people thought she was going to be the next Christie, that would be just stupid.

Not Christie, but more devious than a twelve year old.

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly, Marie never struck me as condescending in the story mode at all. Moreover, her victory line "Even the smallest of roses have their thorns" makes it sound like she has an appreciation for poetry, or at least figurative language. But the story portrays her as having an incredibly superficial mindset and demeanor. There's a disconnect between the character in the story mode and the character you see in the other modes, IMO.

Honestly, Marie never struck me as condescending in the story mode at all. Moreover, her victory line "Even the smallest of roses have their thorns" makes it sound like she has an appreciation for poetry, or at least figurative language. But the story portrays her as having an incredibly superficial mindset and demeanor. There's a disconnect between the character in the story mode and the character you see in the other modes, IMO.

I don't know, some of her Story Mode blurbs when she first met and around Honoka was a bit condescending to me. And yeah, I will admit there is that weird disconnect since the personality from battle does not really show in Story Mode. But I do feel like there are bits there but they went too anime for her when they otherwise want to make her more like a T-Rated Ayane(she won't call you a bitch or bastard, but definitely makes you feel like crap).

KwonJigglypuff

I think the story was pretty balanced in terms of characters screentime. I was prepared for Honoka and Marie to be involved in the main story, so no disappointment. Also, I don't think TN overlooked the other characters in terms of "screentime". In terms of writing and progression, maybe some characters (those not involved in the main storyline like Eliot, Brad, Lei Fang, Hitomi) are parodies of themselves. It shows, by the way they are placed on the character selection menu, that TN do want them to stay away to the main storyline.

Characters that were definitely robbed are Kasumi, Kokoro, Lei Fang, Hitomi, Brad and Eliot. Nothing has changed for them since... forever.
At least Tina/Bass/Mila/Rig got some new stuff. Having all the cut content would redeem them all.

- Kasumi : maybe there are some scenes with Ayame that were cut
- Kokoro : maybe there are some scenes with Miyako that were cut
- Lei Fang : Lisa & Mila were added to Tina's arc, Lei needs novelty
- Hitomi : should be much more linked to Hayate & the ninja story
- Brad : I was expecting him to look for the legendary salmon, no ?
- Eliot : not much was explained regarding Gen Fu, not even a clue

Another disappointment was Phase 4 : I was expecting her to be reworked to fit her concept art more, and be her own character. Maybe this will happen in the future, but I loved the "psycho" personality (school girl > weapon of mass destruction). And I think dark silver hair would be nice.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Does Victor has feelings for Maria, was he fallen in love with her?

Never though about that. We know he asked Bayman to kill Fame, so maybe it was for this reason too. Love is a good motivation I guess.
Are we actually sure Donovan asked Christie to kill Helena ? That would be so cruel.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD