DOA6 Story Discussion

Derock

Never though about that. We know he asked Bayman to kill Fame, so maybe it was for this reason too. Love is a good motivation I guess.
Are we actually sure Donovan asked Christie to kill Helena ? That would be so cruel.

Though I find it very petty, it may be a good reason, especially,

Maria is being revived. Also, an oversight is reviving Fame himself but, of course, reasons, including of why reviving the man I despise the most.

Cabecote

- Brad : I was expecting him to look for the legendary salmon, no ?
He was looking for some really old sake/wine/alcoholic beverage, not salmon
Plus that weird container he found with Nyotengu, isn't it supposed to mean he finally achieved his dream/goal? :eek:

zoo

Wow another thing I realized is how Ayane and Nyotengu had no interaction.. kinda wanted to see what their story would be given the tag dialogue in 5

Edit: nvm it's there, was super brief though so I kinda forgot it happened

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Wow another thing I realized is how Ayane and Nyotengu had no interaction.. kinda wanted to see what their story would be given the tag dialogue in 5
Uhhh...they totally did have a scene together. It was a pretty derpy scene, but it's there. Look harder.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Uhhh...they totally did have a scene together. It was a pretty derpy scene, but it's there. Look harder.

I wouldn't say the scene is derpy. Nyotengu is clearly taking Ayane to task for virtually taking her name in DOA2 as a Red Baron-tier title, but she's also screwing around with her and even flirting with her.
It's derpy in the fashion if you think it will lead anywhere like Nyotengu trying to kill Ayane when it's just the further friction you see in their DOA5 Tag(Where Nyotengu screws with her just as purposefully).

KwonJigglypuff

Edit: nvm it's there, was super brief though so I kinda forgot it happened

Me too!
I replayed the story mode a second time and I was like "wow, did they add that scene during an update ? I'm almost sure I've never seen it before".
The scene is actually kinda nice.

werewolfgold

I wouldn't say the scene is derpy. Nyotengu is clearly taking Ayane to task for virtually taking her name in DOA2 as a Red Baron-tier title, but she's also screwing around with her and even flirting with her.
It's derpy in the fashion if you think it will lead anywhere like Nyotengu trying to kill Ayane when it's just the further friction you see in their DOA5 Tag(Where Nyotengu screws with her just as purposefully).
It was more that the dialog was derpy. I should've been more specific.

"WHO ARE YOU?"
"Well, I'm glad you asked. Wait for it..."

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This video really makes me think about how all of the character plots could be enhanced and rewritten. I think it is a utter shame with how messy the story line is. Is it really that hard to write a good story that doesn’t seem so out of place and plain stupid? Soon I’ll make a post about my take on the character plots and what changes I would make if I was the writer of the story.

Ninoasker

TN: Leon is being downgraded to a guest appearance, we are sorry but he doesn’t really do much in the story anymore. :confused:

Half of the cast in DOA6: *Literally does nothing other than just being there, including “main” characters such as Kasumi and Marie, characters that you can take out of the story in 6 and nothing would change at all*

7DD19716-5767-468D-81F1-6FCB30767749.jpeg

KwonJigglypuff

TN: Leon is being downgraded to a guest appearance, we are sorry but he doesn’t really do much in the story anymore. :confused:

Half of the cast in DOA6: *Literally does nothing other than just being there, including “main” characters such as Kasumi and Marie, characters that you can take out of the story in 6 and nothing would change at all*

View attachment 28079

The thing that pisses me off is that they NEVER explored the reason behind Lauren's death. In 3 games (DOA2, DOA3 and DOAD) and 20 years, they had the opportunity to write something more than just "I'm gonna be the strongest man in the world because my dead lover said so".

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
The thing that pisses me off is that they NEVER explored the reason behind Lauren's death. In 3 games (DOA2, DOA3 and DOAD) and 20 years, they had the opportunity to write something more than just "I'm gonna be the strongest man in the world because my dead lover said so".
Leon does not fit the demographic TN/DOA makes their money from. NiCO does. Mai Shiranui does. (Most likely) Angel/Vanessa do. The "Story Involvement" excuse was a polite way of saying "Not Profitable".

P2p1mbs

Leon was always a side character unlike Bayman. They never bothered to explain Lauren's death since it is clearly as irrelevant to the main story as Leon is ;).

The same applies to every other dead character not connected to the main characters like Tina's mother or Eliot's parents.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

View attachment 28079
Wow, you’re really comparing Leon, a character who’s storyline finished in the same game he debuted in with Kasumi? April fools is in 2 weeks, it’s a little too early to crack jokes like that. I agree that it is unfortunate that Leon doesn’t have a story and isn’t involved in the series that much, but comparing him with Kasumi is just disrespectful. It’s not like Leon was an unique character before DOA5, he was literally a second Bayman, with a different identity. Nothing really stands out about Leon except gameplay. Leon was never destined for greatness.

SaihateDYNAMO

View attachment 28079
Yeah the “plot involvement” excuse is a crock of bull$hit considering that only 5 or 6 characters in the story actually DO anything to further the plot. They just abandoned Leon for no reason which is sad because his character and unexplored backstory screams wasted potential. This series needs good writers badly because it really isn’t that hard to bring him back as a villain/anti-hero or something

That extends to *cough* Momiji and Rachel *cough* as well because I mean... they put in stories like Brad, Eliot, etc. while also saying that they chose the cast based on their role in the story. That would make sense if everyone felt like they “mattered” in the grand scheme of things but the DOA6 story really failed to do so for a huge number of the cast.

hey the "main" character in DOA6 is honkers ok. everyone else just exists to either babysit this ticking bomb or fight each other over the privilege to do so
It’s pretty clear that the main goal of the DOA6 story mode was to make Honoka a new main character, but even that felt poorly done. She could have been awesome in the story if she actually used her powers. Like if Marie gets injured or something and she goes beserk and destroys the MIST lab, since she can’t control her powers and we never actually see her get angry. The route they took with her is a shame because she actually could have BEEN something

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They based the characters’ on storyline, not the overall plot of the DOA series. Next to storyline they also picked characters based on popularity. Leon just wasn’t standing strong in both of those categories, same with Gen fu and Alpha-152. Momiji and Rachel were strong in the popularity category but since they’re considered guest characters, they weren’t added. We can all cry about Leon, but he honestly wasn’t memorable. My personal DOA6 roster would be:
:ayane::bass::bayman::christie::diego::eliot::hayate::helena::hitomi::jannlee::kasumi::kokoro::lisa::leifang::marierose::momiji::nico::nyotengu::phase4::rachel::cyborg::rig::hayabusa::tina: + 2 new DLC entries (Jin Kazama + Kiryu Kazuma).

I personally would’ve rewritten a few characters.
I would make Marie a more serious character, more focused on working, doing research for Helena as her right hand instead of her lap dog.

Nyotengu woud be focused on trying to kill Hayabusa for killing the other Tengu, but would fight Momiji and Rachel instead.

Multiple Phase 4 clones would have a showdown with Hayabusa.

Raidou would’ve had a showdown with Ayane and Hayate.

Kasumi would’ve been focused on taking down NiCO, Donovan, Rig and Christie with Bayman, Helena and Marie Rose.

The rest would’ve been like the story regulars, minding their own business and doing their stuff.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

They based the characters’ on storyline, not the overall plot of the DOA series. Next to storyline they also picked characters based on popularity. Leon just wasn’t standing strong in both of those categories.

True, no one can deny that.
Leon was just unfairly abandoned.

We can all cry about Leon, but he honestly wasn’t memorable.

Memorable is such a subjective word. As I started with DOA2, Leon (and Lauren's death) was more impactful and memorable than any of Hitomi's scenes (except for the cabbage scene of course, that's saying).

Call me the "Marine Lepen" of DOA, but I prefer to stick to true original DOA characters rather than guests like the generic Kazamas (in my opinion, I don't want to be rude to you).

Same with Gen Fu. A fun, solid and unique veteran.
TN was able to surprise me with Leon's new gameplay in DOA5U. I'm sure they can turn on their computer, open Word, write a 5-lines paragraph for his story and copy-paste it on their website for DOA6.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD