DOA6 Story Discussion

KnacKrover

So i guess they are going in some points to dissapoint fans. Especially when it comes to the Back Story of not so popular Characters . Well today im a little dissapointed. It feels now that its just going to be a doa5 Clone . Yes with some cool inGame Stuff to offer but with a Lack of real Love for the Franchise.

Im afraid they are making the same Mistakes they did with 5 . They seem to listen to us but on the other side not really.

Sry if im too critical but i was after all expeting more . Okay i dont own the Game yet , and it looks fantastic Graphicwise buts thats not all i want from an new dead or alive Game.

If they really add the 3 venus vacation girls as dlc im not buying .

I have issues with the presantation of the Game and the none existing options i wished for myself since 5 . Like they did in the older Games . But still missing it in 6

So ......not so hyped anymore .

It seems TN haven't had learned from huge feed back during developing Nioh and the game got positive review non-stop,huh....I hate that DOA6 would end the same road as DOA5

Baji Breakdancer

So i guess they are going in some points to dissapoint fans. Especially when it comes to the Back Story of not so popular Characters . Well today im a little dissapointed. It feels now that its just going to be a doa5 Clone . Yes with some cool inGame Stuff to offer but with a Lack of real Love for the Franchise.

Im afraid they are making the same Mistakes they did with 5 . They seem to listen to us but on the other side not really.

Sry if im too critical but i was after all expeting more . Okay i dont own the Game yet , and it looks fantastic Graphicwise buts thats not all i want from an new dead or alive Game.

If they really add the 3 venus vacation girls as dlc im not buying .

I have issues with the presantation of the Game and the none existing options i wished for myself since 5 . Like they did in the older Games . But still missing it in 6

So ......not so hyped anymore .
I’m so confused, what’s so disappointing regarding the story? We’ve only seen like two seconds of it, how does this lack a love for the franchise? A lot of what you’re mentioning are hypothetical things that haven’t been even been mentioned, much less confirmed.

Macca Beam

don't think anybody got a particularly fleshed out backstory, popular or not, but some of the story bits are looking preeeeetty familiar so far
here's planet jann lee and its satellite again
here's eliot having trouble with girls again
here's the duo of mishaps again
here's the conflicted doatec scientist again
here's the baddie in a green tube waiting to be unleashed again

well at least i'm just looking forward to the ~gameplay~

Baji Breakdancer

don't think anybody got a particularly fleshed out backstory, popular or not, but some of the story bits are looking preeeeetty familiar so far
here's planet jann lee and its satellite again
here's eliot having trouble with girls again
here's the duo of mishaps again
here's the conflicted doatec scientist again
here's the baddie in a green tube waiting to be unleashed again

well at least i'm just looking forward to the ~gameplay~
I’m not sure how you can be disappointed by a story that hasn’t come out yet. Like, literally all we’ve seen is Marie Rose mop a floor and two people following up on the mystery of Honoka. They haven’t even really hinted at anything yet.

Atahotaku

I'm quite hyped for the story myself. Honoka, Phase 4 and specially Nyotengu, are three characters which I was dissapointed with the lack of treatment they received in 5, plot wise, and seeing images and leaks I'm glad they receiving some spotlight in 6. Some of them much more from what I expected, like Nyotengu having interactions with Leifang or Brad Wong. For me the story's richness in this game is character's interactions. The plot as it is, it's the same old shit of Ninjas vs Mad Scientists, so no surprises in the horizon unless there is some deaths.

You're complaining about Eliot interacting with girls. I WANT THAT SHIT!!! And not just Eliot, of course, but the characters sharing a world and a story that tries to made sense that all this guys and girls are in the same boat for some fighting.

Last edited:

Addictrian

I’m so confused, what’s so disappointing regarding the story? We’ve only seen like two seconds of it, how does this lack a love for the franchise? A lot of what you’re mentioning are hypothetical things that haven’t been even been mentioned, much less confirmed.
What im trying to say was this. Sry my english is not that good :p . What i said about the Story is my Prediction about the whole Presentation. I did not like it in 5 and i think its build up the same way , from what ive seen this far( with the missing option to chosse differetn costumes before playing it ).

What i meant about the Character love i just have a bad feeling and yeah its hypocritical , i can get surprised and i hope so .

You get me =?

Greetz Adrian

Last edited:

marussya

I share my predictions here. Maybe it is obvious or wrong but whatever. Helena send Marie to a mission (as we see in prologue), Marie came to lab, maybe before that she confronts Bayman somehow, then she meets Christie who wants to kill her, but Bayman stops Christie and then beats Christie . Bayman quits lab with Marie on his shoulder , maybe Marie will be unconscious because of shock or Christie hurts her somehow. Bayman left her near the object, and Marie meets Ayane. Ayane infiltrates into Lab where she is beaten by Nico and send butterflies to another ninjas. When ninjas come to the lab, Nico already activates Raidou

Last edited:

Ninoasker

I share my predictions here. Maybe it is obvious or wrong but whatever. Helena send Marie to a mission (as we see in prologue), Marie came to lab, maybe before that she confronts Bayman somehow, then she meets Christie who wants to kill her, but Bayman stops Christie and then beats Christie . Bayman quits lab with Marie on his shoulder , maybe Marie will be unconscious because of shock or Christie hurts her somehow. Bayman left her near the object, and Marie meets Ayane. Ayane infiltrates into Lab where she is beaten by Nico and send butterflies to another ninjas. When ninjas come to the lab, Nico already activates Raidou
I can’t believe 6 is outing Bayman as having a daddy complex, and I’m ok with this
But why would Christie want to hurt Marie tho? What if she’s trying to stop her from researching on Honoka because the whole android theory is actually true and NiCO is the one who sends her to stop Helena’s research so they don’t discover the truth (maybe she’s meant to be the new “Kasumi Alpha”)? What if that “why are you helping with something like that?” scene in NiCO’s reveal trailer wasn’t about the Raidou cyborg but HONOKA’s project? All of this is just so mysterious lmao I really hope that during all these years they’ve thought about an iconic ass story surrounding Honoka and Marie so they don’t feel shoehorned into the story because of becoming so popular after their release.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Did folks see this?
No huge revelations, but it confirms details about Honoka participating in (and being disqualified from) the 5th tournament. Also from the looks of it, the DOA Encyclopedia probably isn't chronologically ordered, since entry 1 is Honoka.

Yeah we had that in the media updates. And yeah, it's weird it's not in chronological order either...
I am hoping that these add something new or further clarifies events and not just simple play by play(which I don't think they will considering how detailed the Honoka report is).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah we had that in the media updates. And yeah, it's weird it's not in chronological order either...
I am hoping that these add something new or further clarifies events and not just simple play by play(which I don't think they will considering how detailed the Honoka report is).

I have a feeling it is in chronological order from unlocking the lore to purchase in story mode, but don't quote me on it. That or Honoka is a very big deal to Team NINJA. They want to showcase her as a big deal to the game anyway they can, perhaps?

Vigoorian King

qXQXNE0.jpg

It looks like the first chapter revolves around the main plot and the remaining chapters are character-specific:
1. Marie/Honoka
3. Tina/Bass
6. Kokoro
7. Eliot (& Brad I guess?)
8. Helena

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD