DOA6 EVO Japan 2019: DOA World Championship, Mai and Season Pass

15-dead-or-alive-6-world-championship-announced-over-90000-cash-pri.jpg

Team NINJA presented DOA6 today at EVO Japan in Fukuoka starting at 8pm Pacific Time. The stream was live via openrec, and the event started with a professional player exhibition and ended with Shimbori presenting information for DOA6. Every character will be unlocked for attendees at EVO Japan, and special DOA6 demos from Siologica and Teru Rock were live streamed.

DOA World Championship was revealed at the show with 90k up for grabs and more details coming soon. Just a few weeks ago I expressed the importance of a championship in my opinion piece, and it's good to see that they do have serious plans in the works for DOAs offline community. A timed demo will be coming out next weekend so you can begin preparing for the championships with all 24 base game characters and some important features unlocked.

The season pass was announced and will contain more than 60 costumes and a collaboration with the King of Fighters XIV featuring costumes and 2 guest characters for the game. Mai is coming back from DOA5 to DOA6 as a playable character, and another yet to be revealed. For pre-ordering the first season pass you get one bonus costume for Nyo-Tengu and a NiCO accessory that all fighters can wear with the first volume of costumes releasing for the pass being wedding themed.

Siologica won the exhibition using both NiCO and Diego. He showcased NiCO's lightning launcher in greater depth and revealed that it also guard breaks! At one point he hit AKA with an 18 hit combo on Miyabi making the character look very strong before the official release. Showcasing the new characters from one of the best DOA players in the world was likely the focal point of this exhibition from Team NINJA.

God's Garden presented a mini-tournament for DOA6 at EVO Japan, and it showcased the gameplay and graphics beautifully. Levels that were previously displayed with bad lighting (Colosseum and Road Rage) have appeared to be fixed. The reflecting light off of white costumes has also been fixed for the final build.

DOA6 had a decent showing at the event, and while there are more details to be released soon it's nice to see DOA going the right direction competitively. Most players will agree that Mai was an excellent addition to DOA5 and will likely be just as rewarding in DOA6. We ask that you continue to follow us at FSD for all of the latest news on these exciting new topics!

Last edited:
So apparently DOA6 will have its one tourney Championships like how Tekken has its world tour in different regions, I'm loving that! It'll be great to see DOA6 start with some heavy offline competition opportunities!^.^

PC Players getting cucked with this demo again. Season pass with costumes, and KoF crossover confirmed with Mai and another unconfirmed character.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually hope they don’t bring back the VF characters, and I say this as a diehard and lifelong Virtua Fighter fan. They don’t quite fit into DOA, they’re too similar and too different at the same time.

KoF characters can be changed a lot more to fit DOA’s gameplay. Mai was a late edition to Last Round, but played really well and was one of the most balanced guest characters the series has seen.

Idk if she was really balanced tbh, I loved mai but I felt like for a character with her speed, she could do much more than the others, I'm surprised she never won a tourney for that reason xD She had alot of versatility and was probably one of the best characters in the game behind maybe Gen fu and Leifang

If they do have guest VFs, I wouldn't mind maybe Akira since he was the mascot first revealed repping VF in DOA5. One character per franchise I think is enough tbh

I like VF but I'd rather the guests didn't come back. Guests in general are a pretty sloppy form of fanservice
On one side you're whoring out your characters
On the other side you're using something that doesn't belong in order to hook in fans of said thing
Just diminishes the value of every franchises involved.

also top kek
lol what KT done there was fucking idiot.This time,I'm with EVO.

I like VF but I'd rather the guests didn't come back. Guests in general are a pretty sloppy form of fanservice
On one side you're whoring out your characters
On the other side you're using something that doesn't belong in order to hook in fans of said thing
Just diminishes the value of every franchises involved.

also top kek

Just a negative publicity stunt by Shimbori. Looks really stupid on the surface but there are a ton of people talking about the game now and he's practically shaking the dicks of his target audience of greasy degenerates.

Just a negative publicity stunt by Shimbori. Looks really stupid on the surface but there are a ton of people talking about the game now and he's practically shaking the dicks of his target audience of greasy degenerates.
Eh, it really wasn't harm honestly. I guess it shows how different our culture truly is. Over there it doesn't bother but here everyone freaks out.

Reactions: YEH
Kinda hypocritical considering every english interview kept bugging shimbori about these features to the point he had to tell them to shut up

Kinda hypocritical considering every english interview kept bugging shimbori about these features to the point he had to tell them to shut up

That's why I feel they even did it. I mean it's dumb as hell to do so, but I can see why they did it.

But to be honest, I don't feel that this is going to really negatively affect DOA in any real capacity. People who give a shit will still play and those that don't... won't. And there's too much competitive shit that will ultimately end any real chance of anyone else wanting to take DOA seriously. But I will agree the Gravure Idols was WAY too much.

twitch just turned off the stream askjghkajshk im laughin

Team Ninja claims that they want to be taken seriously in the world of versus fighting... and they do "THAT", and some ridiculous ryona screencaps of #DOA6 at EVO.
It was really embarrassing.
Twitch stopped the streaming.
It's over now. DOA6 can't be taken seriously anymore. Very clumsy.

I'm excited for the 2 KOF characters since I really wanted to get into KOF but it never clicked with me so having some KOF in my DOA game will suffice for now. With that said, there's only one more slot left in the current character select layout. Watch when Mai becomes the next Hayabusa and becomes a part of DOA.

The season pass bonus costumes don't look that much better than the normal DLC costumes.

Team Ninja claims that they want to be taken seriously in the world of versus fighting... and they do "THAT", and some ridiculous ryona screencaps of #DOA6 at EVO.
It was really embarrassing.
Twitch stopped the streaming.
It's over now. DOA6 can't be taken seriously anymore. Very clumsy.

She was proving that boobs bounce in real life to SJWs. What's wrong with that? DOA is still on its way to CEO, I don't get what the big deal is and how you could say something as absurd as "it's all over now."

She was proving that boobs bounce in real life to SJWs. What's wrong with that? DOA is still on its way to CEO, I don't get what the big deal is and how you could say something as absurd as "it's all over now."
So showing ryona shit &picking up a girl shown her ass on EVO main stage ,was cool?
Yeah,it's not like "all over" that bad,but what KT done there really embarrassed me,as a DOA player.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD