Examining DOA7 Hiroaki Morita Tweets Legitimacy

gfg$

The reactions to this kind of reminds me back when TN announced the end of support for DOA5 and everyone lost their minds with “doa is dead and done for” type talks.
Even if they did cancel 7, its prolly for the better until they can figure stuff out after 6 lol.
@DyByHands even if people were messed up and didn't understand something right, this message by devs was official, we saw the stuff talking about "vacation" for the series or something like that.
Now we don't see anything official here even the guy is actual TN stuff

DyByHands

@DyByHands even if people were messed up and didn't understand something right, this message by devs was official, we saw the stuff talking about "vacation" for the series or something like that.
Now we don't see anything official here even the guy is actual TN stuff
Yeah, I get that. Im just saying that people tend to go a bit wild with stuff like this. So, even if a next game or iteration was cancelled, its not the death of the series or ip. Thats all.

HHH816

i repost what i write in reedit.

No official statement from KT is discerning, KT make official statement just because one dvd seller in japan caught selling fake doaxvv dvd but not this leak. No DCMA action taken too. That means the leak is true.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
i repost what i write in reedit.

No official statement from KT is discerning, KT make official statement just because one dvd seller in japan caught selling fake doaxvv dvd but not this leak. No DCMA action taken too. That means the leak is true.

I would say could be true. They could be investigating the situation or waiting for the person to make a possible slip-up. Most of the main news stories for this were removed, save VGChartZ and some tech website.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Theres not much of anything here really.
TN Gonna do doa7 but cancelled. (Yeah, prolly)
And TN are working on new games. (Yeah, we would all assume that)
KT doesnt care about DOA (Yep, checks out)
The only thing that got me was Shimbori leaving. I didnt know that, I guess. But seems it was common knowledge when it happened, just as I quickly look back.

Pretty much this. DOA7 was probably at least considered or being conceptualized as soon as DOA6 went out the door, no surprise there. What did they cancel? Probably just a concept that's made up of a few notes and drawings at least. Devs often hold onto ideas to use in a sequel that they weren't able to implement in their current game. But anyone who doesn't think KT would have milked DOA6 for years, if they could continue to get away with their DLC practices, doesn't know KT by now. The Shimbori stuff is new, but I wouldn't be surprised if all that stuff was true too. Ultimately nothing changed tho, the DOA series is still as KT last said formally... on the backburner, a hiatus, a break. Right now saying a DOA7 will never happen one day is like back when it was said that a DOA5 would never happen.

As for KT not saying anything about this, I think that's just KT being their usual half-assed (or no assed) self when it comes to DOA. Do they just not know about this yet?

Weird that someone would go out of there way to do this tho.

Last edited:

SaihateDYNAMO

He's listed as System Engineering.
View attachment 37108
I mean... he could have just picked any random guy from the arcade credits. My thing is, if he’s really out here leaking sensitive data, why use your real name? That alone makes it very unbelievable for me because there are big consequences for doing that sort of thing and getting caught.

onelasttime

I'm fairly certain that there's a real person behind that account to some extent - the account will regularly like and re-tweet specific DOA-related content.
I'm not saying that the account is solely managed by scheduled tweets. Master is a great part of our community - but as the community manager for TN, I doubt his sole job is to keep the official DOA accounts healthy and engaged, if that's even a part of his duties anymore.

The birthday posts are definitely scheduled tweets, here's the same posts from the last two years:

I'd go out on a limb and say that the official DOA twitter is more of a passion project of his. Especially if there's legitimacy to the leaks by "Hiroaki Morita".

Jotamide

Master probably keeps the DOA accounts alive our of pure passion. I'd bet his duties include PR work for the @TeamNinjaStudio Twitter and FB mostly.

gfg$

Not long ago I saw in twitter that they replied to user such thing:

When we are ready to announce something, we will make sure to share it with Media and our channels at the appropriate time. Thank you for your interest, patience and understand.

It was a screenshot of DM (insta maybe) and they replied it back in January .

I have some thoughts at this point. Maybe we will see something at summer, Summer Game Fest is the closest, maybe earlier or later, since they've been quiet for long time

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not long ago I saw in twitter that they replied to user such thing:

When we are ready to announce something, we will make sure to share it with Media and our channels at the appropriate time. Thank you for your interest, patience and understand.

It was a screenshot of DM (insta maybe) and they replied it back in January .

I have some thoughts at this point. Maybe we will see something at summer, Summer Game Fest is the closest, maybe earlier or later, since they've been quiet for long time
I'm not sure about that tbh, that doesn't really confirm anything. That seems like just a normal response that a game company rep on Twitter would say to just keep their fans assured when they're getting hopeless or restless about announcements

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
KT doesn’t purposely trick their players. The hair rental service was literally the only time. If DOA wasn’t coming back they would say it just like I believe they did with Nioh.

But I will not overrule the idea of them thinking of using the characters for different projects other than fighting games. Like CC. I am open for it. People can say what they want about the franchise but the characters are big selling points. People can say what they want about Venus Vacation but it proved itself to the market and that matters to game companies because of money.

Master probably keeps the DOA accounts alive our of pure passion. I'd bet his duties include PR work for the @TeamNinjaStudio Twitter and FB mostly.

Game companies don’t work out of pure passion. If he’s handling a company account he’s being paid for it.

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
People can say what they want about the franchise but the characters are big selling points. People can say what they want about Venus Vacation but it proved itself to the market and that matters to game companies because of money.
I'd like to think that, at the very least, KT still sees DOA as a useful vehicle for drawing new fans into the VV fold. It serves as a way to introduce people to the characters and generate interest in VV. Were it not for the absence of my electric science waifu, I might even be interested myself lol.

On the other hand, I don't have much knowledge on KT's sales figures. Perhaps there is a sizeable demographic who play Venus Vacation without ever having played a DOA fighting game before.

gfg$

Some comparisons of TNs words and Moritas :
1. DOA7 was cancelled/We are interested in DOA7
2. No plans for new Nioh /Nioh 3 in development
3. Leaks and hints about new Ninja Gaiden 4, we are interested in NG sequel / Ninja Gaiden project (why not 4 or IV through)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
As of September - the tweets of Hiroaki Morita make him a potential Team NINJA leaker.

He was correct about RONIN as it was announced earlier this week (to my knowledge it wasn't really mentioned by anyone prior to that) and he wrote about the game in his leaks.

We also have what appears to be an unconfirmed Dead or Alive 7 logo that sprouted from an anonymous account on 4chan. The Internet has been enjoying this one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD