Examining DOA7 Hiroaki Morita Tweets Legitimacy

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
Yeah, plus knowing TN they're more likely to just make a DOA6 update title like they did with +, Ultimate, Arcade, and LR. I don't think they'd waste assets and just jump to a fully new game just like that tbh.

But even then I don't see that happening anytime soon either. I'm not really concerned tho since there's still 6 and LR and other stuff to do. I rather wait for a good game then risk getting an unfinished game that'll stop support a year later
I'd totally be up for a DOA6 Ultimate or LR or whatever they may decide to call it. I would like to see them add a few more chapters to the story mode if they do follow that route though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'd totally be up for a DOA6 Ultimate or LR or whatever they may decide to call it. I would like to see them add a few more chapters to the story mode if they do follow that route though.
I think @marussya once did mention that there were cut scenes so I can definitely see them adding more to the story which imo is needed, besides the ninja story parts and Helena and Nico's parts, the story itself feels more like a gacha game with no real purpose xD they should definitely fix that if they can

They also had a gallery they planned too and it was obvious they also wanted to do a tag mode with the cut lines but unfortunately they stopped just when things could have gotten good

P2p1mbs

Yeah, plus knowing TN they're more likely to just make a DOA6 update title like they did with +, Ultimate, Arcade, and LR. I don't think they'd waste assets and just jump to a fully new game just like that tbh.

Considering everything that has happened with 6 as well as how long it's been since they abandoned support for it, I highly doubt they will continue with anything related to DOA6. A do-over with DOA7 is the better move.

Personally, I think they need to rest the main fighting games for now and release a spin-off, either DOAX4 or an alternate fighting game (maybe similar to Dimensions or a 2D fighter?) would be better for the next release; give the main series a lengthy break to get past the DOA6 shitshow and refresh the franchise like they did with the shift from 4 to 5.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yasuda is an entirely different president from the ones prior and is the first one with (to my knowledge) no fighting game experience at Team NINJA. He does have a credit for doing something with Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

So now that this leaker has been correct about Ronin it makes a strong argument that Dead or Alive 7 was started and canceled. The best thing you could do now is complain to Master if there is any plan at all for DOA as a fighting series to have a future.

I don't have any real feelings on it. DOA needs a definitive break, but I also feel bad for the people that put so much money and effort to go to the tournaments and to try make a following. I thought DOA5 at the very least was a shining success and the momentum was tossed off a cliff because KT couldn't accept they were wrong for the hair rental service.

But I also can't sit here and pretend that DOA6 was in any form a better game than Nioh 2 or even from what I have played of Wo Long - so why would Yasuda bet on the odds against him with DOA. I don't think he will stick his neck out for the franchise.

That being said what I don't think he knows is how many DOA players actually buy Team NINJA's games that are not DOA. If DOA as a fighter loses complete support, he will lose fans and sales over time. The DOA community, and the popularity of the characters is a lot bigger than most people realize or care to admit because they've casted it as a niche titty bopping title.

I thought DOA was a great alternate for a 3D fighting player, but it looks like I might be stuck with Tekken 8 a few years.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@deathofaninja There's also the newly hired Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne) that is familiar with fighting games so it might be a blessing for DOA coming back in a far future with him instead (?), unsure.

He was once apparently a lead designer for a few Sonic games in the past (which I didn't even know lol). In past interviews, he used to go to arcades with friends after drinks and entered a VF tournament once as a spectator.

Whether or not he'll be fit for it is up to them since you could be familiar with fighting games but still not make a great game, debatable subject really. I remember a topic regarding Itagaki and Shimbori where people once said "Shimbori didn't catch the essence to what made DOA great compared to Itagaki (which is BS obviously)", but Shimbori also did incredible work so probably give Yamagiwa a chance I guess?

Last edited:

gfg$

If for KT sales is the first thing, so why TN is working on new Ninja Gaiden (according "insider" Morita) with sales around 300k (on all platforms)? For new good Ninja Gaiden on current gen they need much more resources.

gfg$

With DOA it is really weird thing. Not long before DOA6 drop Hayashi said something like "there is a possibility for DOA7 in the future", then they dropped 6 with promise to come back some day, then after a year Shimbori retired, and then after his retirement Hayashi said that they're interested in sequel. And now insider appears and said that DOA7 is cancelled with no one in TN could confirm or deny it. Ok, we see that Ronin is the right thing, but he wrote that it will be an all platforms not ps exclusive, so he got kinda distorted info. DOA7 can be frozen for some time, but not cancelled. Ronin was in works for a long time before reveal, so it could leak somehow even to third parties. I think Morita is that kind of person

HHH816

last chance is hoping for sony to push TN/KT to make a new doa game

sony own evo and actively finding partners to elevate their new purchasing.

P2p1mbs

last chance is hoping for sony to push TN/KT to make a new doa game

sony own evo and actively finding partners to elevate their new purchasing.

I think $ony would rather have TN work on other games for them rather than just DOA unless its DOAX4.

P2p1mbs

They already got rise of ronin in works.

Exactly my point; why make TN work on an installment of a fighting series that hasn't been doing very well (at least as far as the fighting games are concerned) when they can make them do a new big budget game not burdened by a reputation of having disappointing previous games.

HHH816

Exactly my point; why make TN work on an installment of a fighting series that hasn't been doing very well (at least as far as the fighting games are concerned) when they can make them do a new big budget game not burdened by a reputation of having disappointing previous games.
Doa6 beta test first on playstation , hair color rental only on playstation. Obviously there's a lot of potential money to be make on playstation. If only sony co- produce the next doa fg just like ronin. From the way i see it,TN won't make the next doa fg without financial backing.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Doa6 beta test first on playstation , hair color rental only on playstation. Obviously there's a lot of potential money to be make on playstation. If only sony co- produce the next doa fg just like ronin. From the way i see it,TN won't make the next doa fg without financial backing.

I guarantee you Microsoft would stick its neck out for DOA before Sony EVER would. Sony has one interest and one interest only - a game that can fit their third-person template that they constantly shove down everyone's throats. That's more or less another possible reason we aren't getting a DOA game - because Sony wants to have things their way and their way is having timed-exclusive third person experiences.

@deathofaninja There's also the newly hired Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne) that is familiar with fighting games so it might be a blessing for DOA coming back in a far future with him instead (?), unsure.

He was once apparently a lead designer for a few Sonic games in the past (which I didn't even know lol). In past interviews, he used to go to arcades with friends after drinks and entered a VF tournament once as a spectator.

Whether or not he'll be fit for it is up to them since you could be familiar with fighting games but still not make a great game, debatable subject really. I remember a topic regarding Itagaki and Shimbori where people once said "Shimbori didn't catch the essence to what made DOA great compared to Itagaki (which is BS obviously)", but Shimbori also did incredible work so probably give Yamagiwa a chance I guess.

Isn't Yamagiwa collaborating on Wo Long? I didn't know he was staying with Team NINJA.

Anyways, the leaker DMed me on Twitter with:

RONINはどうでしたか?

Quite cheeky.

P2p1mbs

I guarantee you Microsoft would stick its neck out for DOA before Sony EVER would.

This is exactly how I feel; DOA, despite currently being multiplatform and having some PS exclusive releases is mostly associated with Xbox due to having 5 major DOA exclusives and having a Halo guest character. There is also the fact that the biggest DOA related news recently was how the Xbox exclusive DOA fighting games are now all backwards compatible meaning Xbox is the only place to (legally) play a version of each of the 6 main games.

Also, seeing how Tekken is pretty much synonymous with the PlayStation brand means $ony is more likely to fund exclusivity for that franchise.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Isn't Yamagiwa collaborating on Wo Long? I didn't know he was staying with Team NINJA.

Says "joined" according to Yoshida.

In his actual twitter bio, it even says Dev Producer for Team NINJA.

He's probably the only guy there (aside from Hayashi I guess) who's actually familiar with fighting games. His strong suit is obviously action games/action RPG, but that's mostly because that's where the money is at lol.

Last edited:
I Think, We Must Wait. If Ninja Gaiden 4 In Development Than Doa Is Alive (Cause It One Whole Universe Since Itagaki Leadership). DOA Need A Reboot and Come Back To DOA 2\3 Style Cause It Only Parts That Have Good Story Potential And It Potential Ends With DOA 4. (Who Don t Knew: DOA Has Classic Plot Structure, Typical For Classic Literature And Occult Texts For Example. And That system are Broken Since DOA 4, That s Why Story Of DOA Don t Work And So Stupid Now).
If You Want Know. Story Of DOA (DOA ++ - DOA 3) revealed through symbols And Cultural Meanings (Of Colors, Symbols, Names Meanings, Strong Cultural Archetypes, Etc)... For Example. Kasumi - Has Roots In Japanese History (Heian Period, And History Of Shintoism And Yamabushi Monks). Ayane Has Roots In History Of Japanese Buddhism And Mirrored Of It In Whole (Like Kasumi - Shinto Tradition). Her Roots You Can Find In Kamakura And Muromachi Periods (And Their Raido And Genra Too. Buy not Omega.) Omega - To christianity, Cause It s creation Of Western Corporation DOATEC. Omega - means Apocalypse In Christianity. Alpha - Beginning, Omega - end. I a m ALPHA AND OMEGA The beginning And The End (Bible).
I Have Series Of Articles About DOA Characters And Their Cultural Meanings (and DOA Plot In Whole), But I don t ended It. Now I working On Hayabusa Article. And The End Of This Series - Hitomi. I Found A LOT information About Characters (I M Writer A Bit And Learn This Thing, AND I LOve Create Characters For My Novels And Stories. And I Know About Different Systems Of Plot Disclosures). DOA Has Classic System Of It ( Meaning Of Plot Revealed Through Signs And Symbols, Not Just Events Of Plot). This System You Can Find Also In Silent Hill, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Etc..).
Since Doa 4 This System Is Broken and Don t work Now.
Except Signs And Symbols And Their Differences In Different Cultures YOu Must know A Lot About Archetypes, Because All Characters Of DOA Represents Some Strong Archetypes In Different Cultures (Included Traditional and Modern Culture), But All Of This Archetypes You Can See Through Movies For Example. (Most Of It).
My Article Series Is On Russian Language.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
As far as I can see, Hayashi's only work right now is as Executive Producer on Wo Long.

As for that DOA7 image, as much as I like Switch and wish there was a DOA for it.... DOA7 for Switch? lmao. That would never happen.

Interesting that Ronin leak actually came true. When the news of the game came out during TGS, it's funny how hardly anyone realized that it was something had had been leaked months ago. I even forgot about it till you guys brought it up, lol.

But because of that game's reveal... I feel like NG4 is not gonna happen in a looong time. Maybe if they give it to whatever devs are left over from DOA6's development and outsource again, but do we really want that? Pain... But, at least Hayashi, being a producer at KT now, has expressed interest in going back to the series, so I'd bet on NG4 happening one day of course, but the problem is it just seems so far off now.

I'm really interested to learn if the BC rereleases of DOA1-4 did well on Xbox. I wish there was some way we could find out. Koei-Temco recently brought up how the 340K sales of the Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water rerelease directly resulted in them deciding to bring back Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse too, which they said they knew fans were asking for. A lot of people would have assumed KT would have seen that as a flop, but apparently not, and apparently fans supporting the rerelease actually payed off, and so did asking them for a specific game in the series.

At least this shows that KT isn't a consistently terrible publisher when it comes to pleasing and listening to fans.
Don't give up hope, my fellow DOA fans!

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD