Final Fantasy Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
A-Ace of type!!!!☆☆☆☆☆ Forget the other guy, it's Ace of Type for me! ☆_☆ Those two gods look so divine....it was hard to, but I had to give that a like, the game looks amazing!

Jadeinchains

There are two completely new gods, Spiritas and Materia:

Cq23FLeVMAA_XcT.jpg:large

Cq25cceUsAAGDAA.jpg:large

View attachment 21777

And the new playable character is...*drumroll*... Ace of Type 0:

Cq27pNuUEAEYht6.jpg:large

They both look awesome but I think Materia is the woman? She looks amazing I love her dress and I've actually seen more and more people wearing those open belt type dresses. Ace of type 0 though I don't know because I haven't played that game,

Nikotsumi

What's Ace like that you even hate him?
I hate his whole character, especially the way he believes he's superior to everyone else and he isn't (or at least this is the impression he gave to me) and he's way TOO bland/serious/calm/and never shows any emotion. Also, shit went down in the story because of him imo (though I know people who don't think so and actually like Ace). Even his playstyle his boring, never used him.
Should have been Sice, shes a badass but Ace is the Protag though so it was obviously gonna be him
He definitely isn't the protagonist, he's just the "poster boy". And yeah, Seven would have been a much better choice.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They both look awesome but I think Materia is the woman? She looks amazing I love her dress and I've actually seen more and more people wearing those open belt type dresses. Ace of type 0 though I don't know because I haven't played that game,

Yep, Materia is the woman. I think her design is a bit silly...but this is Final Fantasy after all. Spiritus looks badass though...
Here's their announcement trailer:

The character models are top notch though. Very polished work from Team Ninja. Can't wait how good DOA6 characters will look.

And here is Ace's trailer:

*yawn*

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yep, Materia is the woman. I think her design is a bit silly...but it is Final Fantasy after all. Spiritus looks badass though...
Here's their announcement trailer:

The character models are top notch though. Team Ninja's slaying it again. Can't wait how good DOA6 characters will look.

And here is Ace's trailer:

*yawn*

Her outfit Is a cage dress to the extreme. Personally I love cage dresses so I'm a fan of her design.

amra-g-creative.png

And the character models really are amazing, I'm looking forward to getting this game. I hope characters like Fran, Serah and Yuna get in though. And If the character models in this game are anything to go by doa6 is going to be beautiful.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Today there are several new Active Time Reports (or one very long one with a few breaks in between ;)) about FFXV. They are mostly meant to bring the Japanese audience up to date about the Gamescom though. So not much new stuff for us. Here the live stream:

This new gameplay bit of the PS4 version is interesting though. At the start of the video you can for the first time hear the ambient music that is playing in the background in Duscae:

Sounds nice and calming...and is way better than no music at all, like in the Duscae Demo. For a long time they weren't sure if they should add field music. Places like the chocobo ranch or a diner had always BG music though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well there's apparently non Season Pass DLC announced

Yep, I'm glad for that actually (wasn't going to buy the saeson pass anway, I never do) because costumes were suspiciously absent from that season pass list. I want more costumes... .__.

--CleonKun

Imo, I think Ace would be a good character.

Plus, Ace is part of the "Fabula Nova Crystallis" .. so it was kind of destined for him to be in there since Lighting is there and soon Noctis will be too.
If they added in Deuce, people would of gotten confused and utterly salty lmao.

Nikotsumi

Now that I think about it, the whole Class Zero is actually a protagonist in Type-0, so stupid Ace is fine, since he's "the face" of Class Zero and it would be impossible to add all 12 of them. I would rather have Rem or Machina but unfortunately someone in Dissidia already uses their weapons so they would not bring anything new gameplay-wise, so yeah, after all Ace was a fine choice. I'm still salty though xD

About FFXV, I'm so glad they added field music in Duscae, it was weird playing the Duscae demo without it and I hope every area that can be visited has it, but there's no reason why it shouldn't, since in the Platinum demo there's always a BGM.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A Japanese version of the Gamescom demo has been uploaded. I think @Jadeinchains and others that were worried for spoilers can now have a look at it. :) They've cut out most cutscenes and everything else is in Japanese aka gibberish. ;)

Interesting is, that the PS4 version seems to have been updated. There are revised button prompts and the graphics have been upgraded a tad too. By now there really is a noticable difference between the PS4 and the Xbone build of the game. Tabata recently stated in an interview that the Xbone version will graphically not be up to par with the PS4 version. We all know the Xbone is a bit weaker, but come on, other games have managed to avoid too much of a difference too. Why isn't that possible in FFXV? :/ I feel bad for Xbone owners.

Here's a screenshot of the PS4 and Xbone menu and even there the difference is very apparent. Open each image in a new tab and click back and forth for a direct comparison:

28995999120_baace223ff_o.jpg

29250096966_f3f6310e65_o.jpg

Jadeinchains

I think the outfit is pretty okay but I hope there is the option to change the colours because I'd want to choose something that goes together better.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think the outfit is pretty okay but I hope there is the option to change the colours because I'd want to choose something that goes together better.

I don't think you can customize colors. What you can do is combine parts of a complete outfit like you want. Like taking the jacket off and choosing to wear a hat or cap if it is part of the outfit. Ignis seems to be able to change his striped long-sleeved shirt for a short-sleeved shirt with his casual outfit too.

On another note:
Good news for the German and French localizations! :)
They are apparently translated directly from the Japanese version and not from the English version which takes way too many liberties. Some that don't make much sense even. Like mentioning Regis' alleged death in a newspaper when there was no mention of that in Japanese and Noctis' and the others' relatively collected reaction to that bomb just didn't feel right anymore. Or in chapter 0 Prompto joyfully saying: "Let's play hide and seek with him!" when they are in a really dire situation and in Japanese he actually says that they have to find a place to hide and figure something out in a serious tone.
Cindy is by the way also called Cidney in German and French, like in Japan.
So I will be playing with Japanese voices and German subtitles. :)

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Oh okay well even if we can't customize colours I'm happy we'll be able to combine different parts so I just hope there is lots of choice and lots of colours because honestly... no to some of these combinations.

Also that's good that the German and French localization's are getting translated from Japanese. I don't really like it when they take to many liberties since they you aren't getting the same feeling from it. Also as much as I love the name Cindy, Cidney just makes so much more sense. Also I hope the characters aren't having reactions like that the whole time or maybe they've fixed them now where they are to happy for the situation they're in.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD