Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Ky

ayane would have looked great as a witch :O

lisas last year halloween costume edited:
ayane___render_50_by_dizzy_xd-d84is4b.png

Kronin

For who is asking how Kasumi would appear on the skeleton outfit (apparently seems that many fans would have loved that outfit for her):

http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Kasumi-Halloween-Render-491164479?hf=1
kasumi_halloween_render_by_ada_momiji_forever-d84fcxr.png

A render based on the original design, not only the Kasumi is wearing the outfit, but it show directly the skin contrarily to redesign applied from Team Ninja: in my opinion I prefer the reworked design, for me make the outfit more dark and Halloweenish.

http://protocolx27.deviantart.com/art/DOA5U-Swap-Mod-Kasumi-Tribute-488946001
vZdYxmN.jpg

This should be a picture got from a mod applied to the game.

http://dnxpunk.deviantart.com/art/Mummy-ji-490945419
mummy_ji_by_dnxpunk-d84anwr.png

A rigged model of Mummy Momiji photoshopped: for my tastes the overall effect is much more better on the in game outfit, just because the texture of the bandages are very improved).

Finally Armando Lomeli Jr. the author of the Hayate's design from the first contest ended to be part of the vestiary of the character for LR, published these suggestions on facebook about his Halloween outfit:

Seeing my design in DOA5LR in full motion made me so Happy that I stared at the animated GIF all freaken day long! But after watching the video a few times I noticed that he seemed rather plain once in 3d. I had the same feeling way back in April when I first designed this costume for the contest but I didn't know how to fix the issue so I submitted it as it was. Now a few months later and with a fresh set of eyes I decided to revisit the drawing and improve on a few things. I'm going to submit this ver to Team Ninja and see what they think and I guess I'll find out if they decide to update the model or not in Dead or Alive Game. Tell me what you guys think of these small but important changes. —

1890500_10152750764161351_3572340408661401445_o.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...804101351.1073741826.514371350&type=1&theater

I admit that actually he seems to have just a skill for the designs because IMO he said all things right and effectively able to improve his outfit in a real way (I would love to have a similar ability), but even so I think that the outfit is already great in this way, no need for further changes =)

Last edited:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Blame Micro$oft for not allowing Free-2-Plays on the 360. Not TN's fault. The Ranks are useless considering what a shitfest Ranked is.

This is not microsofts fault. You cant come here and be like its microsofts fault for not having F2P. Microsoft has a different believe and I respect that. I own the game disk and in n way would ever want a incomplete game of DoA.

All im saying is in no way shape or forms has TN used other resources in order to thank the Xbox consumers who have gone above and beyond in terms of supporting the game. Not only did I (And maybe you >.> not specific to FON) buy the game and presumably other costumes, but I also bought the full game of Vanilla.

They could use other resources to say thank you fans. All they have to say "Sadly our options were limited due to executive companies having control over how we market our games. However heres a thank you for regardless being there and supporting us completely. "

They have the resources to hand out costumes for a limited time, maybe for Kasumi and Ayane, however they simply choose to ignore the fans who are limited. Some may have truly been better off buying CF, though because they appreciate, and enjoy the developer team that is TN, they continued to purchase the game in full..

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Despite what people say about Kasumi's angel outfit I really like it. Yes it's a glorified swimsuit but the angel theme fits her character and it parallels Ayane's outfit. Also I like how the costume has an anime feel to it:
kasumi_angel_07_by_momijihayabusa-d83dr0u.jpg

I would have rather seen an Angeloid outfit to her. Possibly Ikaros from HLP. I have seen some sexualized anime character but in no way to I really see an "anime" vibe from this. In terms of the bikini bottom or underwear (whatever the hell she is actually wearing) I could see an anime designing it that way. However there isn't to many alternative options other than gold ring or what not to hold it. I truly don't see anime here.

Just typical Japanese stereotype designing. I like the outfit, but its not practical, its silly and above all. Doesn't suit a ninjas personality at all. She is a killer people. She loves her family and treats them very kindly but a ninja has a job and a true ninja would see to it that it is done. You forget she had an occupation. She did not leave the ninja village due to her thinking what she was doing was wrong. She hopes to be able to be with Hayate again, who is a devoted ninja himself.

Kronin

But putting aside every reasoning on Kasumi and her personality, in the end I believe that an Halloween outfit doesn't need to represent necessarily the nature of the character and definitely people in real life don't wear them only because consider what is their own personality (on the opposite, often people choose a theme just because specular to their nature). Sure, make more sense to give to Christie a devil outfit rather than an angel but I don't think that the opposite would be a drama, on the opposite would make sense for my pov.

In short, I believe that would be better to reason about "X character would wear this Y outfit or less" only with the casuals and fighters costumes. Of course just my 2 cents =)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I would've already locked it but I don't want anyone using that as an excuse to deliberately make a new thread with the intent of becoming a new Casual Thread.

How about we lock this thread and move to the older Costume Contest thread as the general Costume Contest thread? It will stay longer relevant, as not all the costumes are revealed for Last Round and we didn't get our hands on them yet. Also people often confuse these two threads and post infos, that are actually meant for the other one. One thread should die so the other may live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD