Hitomi is too weak

Kirito

If Ein is really that suck and Hitomi isn't...

Why don't you guys just USE Hitomi?

And the "I'm an Ein main, and since he's so crap compared to Hitomi, Hitomi isn't weak" argument is bullshit. Hitomi not being weak has nothing to do with Ein being shit.

Both characters are shit. Ein just happens to be even shittier than Hitomi. Okay, I take that back. Hitomi isn't that shitty. But still kind of.

Lulu

So I was thinking about what I said earlier about Hitomi's reach.....

Now if I can just get my Opponent to a wall (which Hitomi can do with ease) then I don't have worry about moves not reaching since the opponent can't Stagger away........ ofcourse this presents a new problem.... premature wall splats.

Edit: so numerous Characters have Dragon Kicks.... I'm pretty sure that Hitomi has the fastest one...... too bad it doesn't guardbreak like the others.

Number 13

If Ein is really that suck and Hitomi isn't...

Why don't you guys just USE Hitomi?

And the "I'm an Ein main, and since he's so crap compared to Hitomi, Hitomi isn't weak" argument is bullshit. Hitomi not being weak has nothing to do with Ein being shit.

Both characters are shit. Ein just happens to be even shittier than Hitomi. Okay, I take that back. Hitomi isn't that shitty. But still kind of.
If you played both Ein and Hitomi you would know how silly that sounds. Just because they both do karate doesn't mean they are 1:1. They both have different approaches on how you play them. Hitomi just consistently can get her wins easier thanks to tools. That still doesn't make Hitomi an Ein. If you play Ein like Hitomi you get BTFO and vice versa. Also difference is I didn't make a 'woe is me' hug me thread in the Ein section because it's pointless to bitch about balance at this point. Hitomi is still objectively solid by LR and shouldn't be anywhere near the word 'shit'. That just only exposes you in being mediocre with your character.

Raionbomber

Standard Donor
Moral of the thread: Hitomi requires full knowledge of how DOA5LR works and a handle of fundamentals to be good, aint no body got no time for dat because it interrupts hentai collecting time. Also don't play online because how can we use our skills if the frames aren't real?

Lulu

LoL.... thats actually a good point. But doesn't that reflect on Hitomi if I can survive with a different character without having to known as much about good fundementals ?

It's just something to think about.

Raionbomber

Standard Donor
LoL.... thats actually a good point. But doesn't that reflect on Hitomi if I can survive with a different character without having to known as much about good fundementals ?

It's just something to think about.

Hitomi just needs a better gimmick than punch parry. Or ya know, if sidesteps in this game actually worked ayyyy.

Lulu

Hitomi just needs a better gimmick than punch parry. Or ya know, if sidesteps in this game actually worked ayyyy.

I think that parry is more than a gimmick, its actually a life Saver considering her speed..... as for the sidesteps..... well its not Virtua Fighter thats for sure but its still pretty good.

Raansu

Hitomi is not Weak.
Watch Tanii from Japan.
Arguably the best Hitomi in the world IMO.

You'll learn a thing or two..

That doesn't suddenly make her a good character. She's still easily one of the worst characters on the roster. She's not bottom tier but she's not mid tier either. She's built like a striker character with no real speed, average tracking ability and average spacing ability. She doesn't really excel at anything except maybe her wall damage, and everything she does leads to a reset. Her "advantages" are not really advantages and they keep nerfing her as well. She used to excel at the mid range game when 3h+k was safe on block and had a guaranteed force tech but even then that was all she had before they removed that and made it unsafe on block. They nerfed her 236k variations and still left it as a high kick and the entire point of making it a high kick was because it was only -1 which balanced out the loss of it being a mid kick in DoA4 and now its useless. Her low sweeps are advantage on hit but you can stagger out of it and actually make it unsafe on hit.....

I could go on forever....She's just not a good character. She has the potential to be one but she just wont ever be in DoA5, which is sad because her DoA4 version was superior to 5 and 4 is an inferior game to 5. Maybe in DoA6 they will change things around.

6T reset is easily beaten by fuzzy guarding. A 6T that guarantees something is much better (Zack, Mila) - her 6T back in DOA4 guaranteed 46P on Hi Counter - that was scary, because if you were near a wall, you're fucked.

It wasn't guaranteed, just unblockable. You could still hold it, but ya, still 10x better than how it is now where its hardly even a threat. More like a gnat annoying you.

You see, that's where you're wrong, again. Jann lee is very good at a distance and for keeping his opponent's out. He's very good at that. However, when he has to move forward, most if not all of his distance tools become very subpar. Jannlee is actually weak when he has to move forward.

Hitomi is not weak when she keeps opponents out or moves forward. Hitomi also has much better whiff punishment than Jann lee. If anyone is to compare that and say Jann's is better, you're smoking that good shit.

Hitomi's 6T is a great throw for mix up because she actually has good moves to compensate for not having a guarantee follow up. If we were talking about Kasumi and her 46T, then I'd be in agreement to say that throw is subpar because it is (Kasumi has absolutely nothing scary in general, she's just fast).

Every time I see a thread like this here these days, it really feels like people just want the character they play to carry their play. Rather than play and make the most of their character and get better at playing the game.

The amount of ignorance in this post makes me cry. For someone who plays Ayane so well sure has a weak understanding of the game and the other characters. Your idea of what makes a character good scares me, especially since you think her high low game is good....What in the actual fuck? 2p is the only thing she can work with and at best makes her mid 12f....Wow good job at reaching the average mid strike speed. 2h+k can be staggered and made negative on HIT and can easily let the opponent defend any meaningless pressure it would have created. I'm completely baffled on how you think her low game is even remotely a threat, especially given how long the recovery is on her low sweeps.

Hitomi is average at the mid range game.

6T is beyond easy to deal with. You might as well create a reset. You can fuzzy anything she does and the +10 just leads to pure guessing. At least Mila and Zack get a free hit to create actual pressure with their versions of 6T

She's a weak character. NONE of her tools are actually a threat. Wanting to have actual mechanics to work with and not having constant resets is not a bad thing to ask for, but then again, you main Ayane so you don't really understand that concept and don't deal with the massive flaws that Hitomi deals with.

Last edited:

SteakHachey

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL... the Drama in this thread just keeps Escalating.

@Raansu

I don't think shes as weak as you're saying.... I wouldn't place her exactly in the middle but I would put her at the bottom of the mid tiers.

As slow as she is its not her speed thats the problem..... after all succesfully blocking an attack means you can first afterwards.

But her reach and her stuns.... I'm not going to say they are bad because I play her Akira/Gen Fu style (one hit at a time) and that doesn't work well with Hitomi because her opponents just slip away out of reach. But I wish I could play her that way..... after all, it was good enough for Tina and Lisa.

My only problem with her 6T is its pretty crappy for punishing with..... after all punishing in DoA must be done quickly and its pretty lame that a well timed throw punish just gets you +10 and no guarantees.

But as a tick Tick throw set up its fantastic. Theres nothing wrong with it from that perspective. Its aided by the fact that Hitomi's got nice lengthy strings with decent mixups and noticable delays.

Fallen_regime

TLDR.

U Mad bro?

@UpSideDownGRUNT pretty much summed up my position. The reason I know Christie is harder to use than Hitomi is because I'VE USED BOTH CHARACTERS BEFORE. However, I won't deny that Christie's tools are stronger than Hitomi's because Christie technically requires more skill to utilize properly. If you're losing to mashing, it's on you to learn how to deal with it. No one else's responsibility. I know how this game is played offline. If you don't understand how Ein relates to Hitomi then you're probably playing her in a limited way. You also seem to get pissy whenever someone brings up someone that has success with Hitomi and only seem to care about the scrubs that also struggle with her. Your ignorance of the ninjas is also hilarious if you've tried Hayabusa or Ayane. I already made the disclaimer that for online play, you need to throw the rule book out the window. I'd be happy to help you out, but you seem more content on whining than contributing something productive. So this seems like a case of "learn2play". I can give some hints for Hitomi:

- Her movement & Korean Back-dash are godlike
- Her 2 deathfists: 236P/Running P & 46P are godlike (236K isn't too bad either thanks to its deceptive range and safety on block)
- Her lows are really good. 2H+K, 1P, 2P, or hell even stuff like PP2K~ can be a handy low poke.
- 9H is incredibly handy against punch heavy characters like Christie forcing them to have to use kicks or lows more often
- 3H+K is an amazing low crush move that becomes abusable due to being safe on block
- 2P+K~ is a solid high crush Mid.
- 3K~ & 6H+K are decent mid-range Mid K pokes
- 6T is an amazing reset grab
- 33T does devastating damage at a wall.
- Hell her wall damage in general is pretty damn good
Wait isn't the 3H+K -7? How is that safe? Unless if I'm wrong plz correct me. Also how does one "crush" lows? Is it like when u jump in the air? Cause if so, her only move that dodges lows seems to only be 8H+K and idk if that dodges low punches, but it does get past the low wakeup kick

Fallen_regime

People say Hitomi is weak because they are not applying the character's tools well enough or correctly. All there is to it. And folks need to stop justifying balance via online play. Lag skews everything..
Fighting you made me realize hitomi real strength when I had a couple comeback rounds where my neutral game had to be perfect XD

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Is there a link to where I can watch him?

Anyway, Someone was able to find these damn vidz of "Tanii"?

I'm still trying to find him myself plz someone find him and link us! Plzzzz

Google (and the FSD search, actually) is your friend. Here's a link to his twitter profile, it also contains some Doa videos from what I saw on first sight, so you guys may find what you're looking for there. Searching Dai-vidson at YouTube also brings up some results.

Dai-vidson(たにい, Tanii)

SteakHachey

Google (and the FSD search, actually) is your friend. Here's a link to his twitter profile, it also contains some Doa videos from what I saw on first sight, so you guys may find what you're looking for there. Searching Dai-vidson at YouTube also brings up some results.

Dai-vidson(たにい, Tanii)
Well, I tried but google and FSD wasn't my friends, as I was only able to search for "Tanii", "dead or alive", "hitomi" but it answered like "Do you mean 'Tina'?" hahaha xD. Didn't know for Dai-vidson either.
Thanks for the link & tips!! =D

Lulu

Wait isn't the 3H+K -7? How is that safe? Unless if I'm wrong plz correct me. Also how does one "crush" lows? Is it like when u jump in the air? Cause if so, her only move that dodges lows seems to only be 8H+K and idk if that dodges low punches, but it does get past the low wakeup kick

Well if :3::H+K: is a crouching move then -7 is unsafe since crouching throws are unbreakable....

Raansu

It has low crush properties to it, but its not safe and it hasn't been for awhile. It used to be -3 and it used to guarantee a force tech, but I guess TN decided that she's not allowed to have any real tools so they took both options away from her and just made the move kind of crap. Its -5 at max hit range and is "ok" at being used for whiff punishment but its nothing like it used to be.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD