I think DOA players need to see this.

loralei

Are we talking about sleeping orgasms or backwards condoms? lol
Sadly, community drama really does change people, great players or not.

HoodsXx

I don't even find this hilarious. I actually find this "podcast" insulting. It makes people who HAVEN'T played the game, turn them away. It's actually depressing listening to this.

It just makes "US" look like fools for liking DOA. and makes the game seem like a waste of time and effort. (Even if they didn't know if the game was going to be good or not).

MasterHavik

I don't even find this hilarious. I actually find this "podcast" insulting. It makes people who HAVEN'T played the game, turn them away. It's actually depressing listening to this.

It just makes "US" look like fools for liking DOA. and makes the game seem like a waste of time and effort. (Even if they didn't know if the game was going to be good or not).
It was funny until they got to the point they started bashing MK and DOA. Oh MK was broken and unbalance and etc. It makes me sad they didn't even let Tom educate them on how MK works. He knows what he is talking about. MK9 was a good game. And to say Injustice is going to be bad all because of the bugs of MK9 is unfair. This shows they haven't been listening to what NRS has done to improve form MK9. They have made a ton of changes to Injustice. Why is there people who only limited themselves and play one game? I have even played Sf and marvel at tournaments and I hate those games. I try my best to learn what is going on for all games. I know what Capcom is doing. I know what NRS is doing. I know what TN is doing. I know it all. I don't just go by word and mouth. I love MK and DOA.

Brute

Standard Donor
I wasn't able to listen to more than 20 seconds.
They keep laughing about arbitrary things that are not humorous and the way they enunciate profanity is off-putting.

Brute

Standard Donor
Did you at least listen to the part where they talk about DOA?
IIRC, 1 guy said it's fun when it works properly, one guy said it was like SSB or Mario Party (an absurd comparison) and one guy said it could become competitive if a lot of money were poured into it, though that was unlikely to happen.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
What keeps me away from these communities is the fact that DOA is a baby and the FGC is a bad parent. DOA being the youngin' of the FGC isn't going to make it any easier with the DOA community constantly fighting each other and the lack of proving anything with the lack of it's offline scene. Granted DOA5 haven't been out that long, but I just hope this community develop something other wise it's just going to be doomed like DOAC.

The FGC isn't very supportive, either. Also people that judge a game based on those before it are just ignorant. But that's how gamers are in general. A bunch of babies. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but I usually come around when I want to hear about any updates, or have question/concerns. Really I'm not looking to play any DOA game after 5 especially if the community don't turn into something and the bs don't change.

I grew up playing SF,MK, and Tekken. I still play those(although I've pretty much giving up hope of SF/Tekken games getting any better). I've played doa ever since DOA1 came into arcades. I used to go out my way with friends to play with good players in arcades all the time. I don't remember dealing with ANYTHING like you deal with now ever since the internet was formed. Sadly back when arcades were popular here in the U.S I bet DOA would have had a better chance than it does now. Oh and you know, DOA is the only fighter that focus on tits.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
What keeps me away from these communities is the fact that DOA is a baby and the FGC is a bad parent. DOA being the youngin' of the FGC isn't going to make it any easier with the DOA community constantly fighting each other and the lack of proving anything with the lack of it's offline scene. Granted DOA5 haven't been out that long, but I just hope this community develop something other wise it's just going to be doomed like DOAC.

The FGC isn't very supportive, either. Also people that judge a game based on those before it are just ignorant. But that's how gamers are in general. A bunch of babies. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but I usually come around when I want to hear about any updates, or have question/concerns. Really I'm not looking to play any DOA game after 5 especially if the community don't turn into something and the bs don't change.

I grew up playing SF,MK, and Tekken. I still play those(although I've pretty much giving up hope of SF/Tekken games getting any better). I've played doa ever since DOA1 came into arcades. I used to go out my way with friends to play with good players in arcades all the time. I don't remember dealing with ANYTHING like you deal with now ever since the internet was formed. Sadly back when arcades were popular here in the U.S I bet DOA would have had a better chance than it does now. Oh and you know, DOA is the only fighter that focus on tits.
Oh, I can think of a few more. After all, it wouldn't be fair to single out just DOA.

Battle Raper, for obvious reasons regarding the title...

Vanguard Princess, which covers almost every moe fetish in the book with its all-female cast more than Arcana Heart ever did...

Darkstalkers, if only because of the overwhelming popularity of Morrigan, Lei-Lei, and Felicia...

and finally, Soul Calibur.

KevinJ

I don't see a problem with their opinion on DoA5, it's exactly that, their opinion. It's not like they mindlessly bashed the game without a legitimate reason. They stated why they dislike the game with the game mechanics in mind and not just boobs. Why support a game that you don't enjoy?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
There are plenty of games I don't enjoy. Doesn't mean I think they suck just because I don't enjoy them.

KevinJ

There are plenty of games I don't enjoy. Doesn't mean I think they suck just because I don't enjoy them.
Just cause you don't think a game sucks doesn't mean other people don't or shouldn't. Again it's all opinion based. Like a lot of people say if you enjoy the game, play it. All we can do is support and promote the game to the best of our ability. Don't expect the FGC to help us out cause more then likely they won't.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Who said I expect anything from the FGC and why should I? My point is the FGC sucks and that isn't a surprise. It looks like you come into the topic pointing out the obvious. I think the topic went way over your head.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD