I think DOA players need to see this.

Julius Rage

SB had around 40 entrants also a joke.

How did people feel about Carl going dipshit and using a broken tool to advance through the tournament ranks? I'm sure the people who were watching were just enamored with the idea of getting their feet wet in our competitive scene . . .also, who the hell holds an offline tournament the WEEK THE GAME DROPS!

No one on my friends list felt that was a good investment of their time and money considering that a contengent of players had weeks of advanced play time and low and behold those were the few who dominated the field.

MasterHavik

Leave him alone folks.....for once he's right. It sucks that I'm struck in MN for the time being. And there fighting game scene is off and on. Not only that they don't even like DOA. But they love Persona 4 Arena. ( I'm struck here for another 2 months.)But yeah I went through this shit with MK9. People wanted me to drop the game. People wanted me to use KL. These people were not online mostly. A lot of offline guys in the Chicago area were in my ear about it. But you know, since I can't go anywhere yet...it would warm my heart if JR can go down to NEC and win it for the Zack man.

Chaos

I'm going to try to get some of my friends involved in this commuinty to support DOA5 but unfortunately half of them don't
even play video games like they used to and my older brother is only into sports games (Madden & Nba 2k). However, a few of
my friends who are interested in fighting games and really enjoys playing DOA5 would like to be part of it, but trying to encourage for signing up won't be easy. :(

Chris Harris

I'll just drop it. People are either going to play or they aren't. Nothing I say will sway their mind and those that are civil I will direct to FSD. Those that want help I will help out.

Tokkosho

all my friends are in their teens... i don;t think you guys want many of those, but my bro got DoA5 on gamefly and hes a major gamer, ill tell him to make his friends play it too :p

DR2K

At the end of the day if their words bother you or disturb you, you can always make the attepmt to show up to events or gatherings and show them how the game is meant to be played.

Do Marvel players give a shit that people call it a game of dice?

Do Tekken players give a shit that people call it a mindless jugglefest?

Do Smash bros players give a shit when people call it a party game?

Just show up play and have fun. Opinions like assholes, they all succumb to Taco Bell the same.

loralei

What does bother me is people calling the game a piece of shit and turning away new and/or interested players because of their "popular" opinions when they know better.

MasterHavik

At the end of the day if their words bother you or disturb you, you can always make the attepmt to show up to events or gatherings and show them how the game is meant to be played.

Do Marvel players give a shit that people call it a game of dice?

Do Tekken players give a shit that people call it a mindless jugglefest?

Do Smash bros players give a shit when people call it a party game?

Just show up play and have fun. Opinions like assholes, they all succumb to Taco Bell the same.
But dude have you ever had someone offline screaming your ear your game is ass while you're trying to play? It happen me when I went for a tournament for MK9.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I find these arguments on here between you people hilarious. I personally don't give a sh** to support anything until I'm given a reason to. I don't care how the FGC, or any community feels.

DR2K

But dude have you ever had someone offline screaming your ear your game is ass while you're trying to play? It happen me when I went for a tournament for MK9.

People are fucking stupid, the stupid ones rarely speak for the majority.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Basically if DOA5 kick off and people start supporting it I don't mind going to, and throwing local tourneys and eventually attending major ones. If DOA5 don't get that support, and don't go anywhere that's just tough sh**. Personally the only fighters now in days I find worth playing are MK, DOA, VF and KOF. DOA is the only one I care to play competitively. Without it having a competitive scene, and the shape this community is in I don't care to go out my way to do anything until it proves it is worth it.

You have supposedly high level players coming in here acting all high and mighty and arguing with people who is new to this sort of thing. I just find it hilarious myself. I just wish I had some pop corn to go with these post. :lisa:

Dr Sexual

Stupid.

"Oh DOA is built around a mechanic I dont like and plays differently from how I think fighting games should play, so its worthless garbage."

Think about it for a second... Thats LITERALLY the basic argument against DOA and it always has been.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I actually saw this before it was posted as I always follow ATP because I think Aris is a pretty well spoken guy and the concepts they talk about in Tekken are really interesting. Plus it's just an entertaining podcast in general.

When they started talking about DOA I lol'd. I don't really find what they say insulting at all. From their perspective they're right, but I think a person views things differently as a person who has 'just' played DOA. IAs we all know, DOa isn't like most fighting games and it's treated differently. I personally don't really play fighting games, but I play DOA. Btw, I'm not even one of those crazy otaku 'play it for the girls' anime type nerds as I'd play DOA if it was just polygons and nothing else.

From my perspective DOA as a 'fighter' is just different. Everything can be held. Nothing has ever been super guaranteed, but this is just a testament to the game as it's all about predicting your opponent, recognizing their pattern, and making guesses. A lot of people say DOA is random, but I'd like to point out in DOA4, even though a lot of peeps like to bash that game and claim DOA3 was ultimately better, the game was still skillfull. How? Because the top four players of that game always placed consistently without fail.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD