DOA6 Kokoro, Lisa and NiCO Revealed

Kokoro, Lisa 'La Mariposa' Hamilton and new female character, NiCO, along with three new stages were announced at Team NINJA's 2018 Dead or Alive Festival. The studio released two trailers at the event, both with their own story sequences and gameplay demonstrations. Additionally, Team NINJA has updated their official Japanese website with new character biographies and stages.

The first reveal trailer opens outside of the 'DOA Colosseum' with Kokoro handing over a photograph to Helena of the sisters together with their father Fame Douglas. Kokoro tells Helena that NiCO gave her the old photograph, and Helena says she has no idea who NiCO is and that it wasn't NiCO's place to interfere. Kokoro's life has been shrouded by family secrets, and Helena is now forced into a corner to reveal more to her sister.

While the Miyabi stage does not bluntly explain its placement in the story, this old tea-town is the first place we see Kokoro fight in DOA6. She takes her frustrations out on Helena using a Heichu mid-kick, and a new air grab after her 7K launch that will make opponents bounce off the ground for a follow up attack. There are a few obstacles to knock your foe through at Miyabi, and Kokoro's flashy special combo and break blow finish her demo.

Lisa is shown in next clip and makes an entrance on Mila and Tina's gym training. Tina asks Lisa if she is better now, and the scene transitions to the 'Team Muscle' stage and Lisa transforms into La Mariposa! She doesn't have anything to say about Hayate yet, she just wants to get into the ring and wrestle as a Luchador!

Even though some of Lisa's opening moves are recycled from DOA5, Team NINJA's mastery of animation has always been mind blowing with this character and her attacks continue to look incredibly quick and fluid. The special combo and new throws add to the sheer quality of La Mariposa's move list. In this short preview Team NINJA was able to emphasize the importance of using many different types of throws (Air, BT Air, Ground) when using a grappling character like Lisa.

NiCO's reveal trailer begins outside of the trashed Zack Isand, and the shady Scientist is working on a prototype Raidou that Christie wants to know more about. The next scene takes place inside of the 'Zero' Mist research facility (that is strongly hinted by Team NINJA to be on Zack Island) and NiCO continues to ignore Christie's questions.

Victor Donovan's Scientist is full of insane lightning strikes and her fighting style is based off of Pencak Silat. NiCO has plenty of awesome throws and can teleport behind her opponent for guaranteed damage. She also looks to have a pretty evasive game, not just with her teleport, but also lows and range possibilities.

Team NINJA hit a lot of good notes at the Dead or Alive Festival. The community was treated to a great DOA5 tournament, three new character reveals and even a custom costume mode. With this event Team NINJA has found a way to please all of their players, and FSD will continue to inform you on anything else that may have emerged from the public demo at DOA Festival.

Last edited:
Although her playstyle looks fun...I just can't hide my disappointment with NiCO's design, because it seems like Team Ninja didn't even try. It looks like they just took Marie Rose's face, yes the same one that served as the foundation of Honoka's face and the same one that they used to make several "new" characters in their spinoff game, and are now recycling it again for their "brand new" character in DOA6—just changed the eye color and hairstyle.

It's like TN has found a magic formula that will keep their (Japanese) fans happy for ages: just simply mass produce Marie Rose's face and they'll be able to sell all the DLC they want (and for optional bonus profit, stick copied Marie heads on a flat chested torso). I don't think that they really care about the sentiments of their western fans at all. This was totally not what I had in mind when they were teasing the reveal of a new "serious" female character a few months ago.

Although her playstyle looks fun...I just can't hide my disappointment with NiCO's design, because it seems like Team Ninja didn't even try. It looks like they just took Marie Rose's face, yes the same one that served as the foundation of Honoka's face and the same one that they used to make several "new" characters in their spinoff game, and are now recycling it again for their "brand new" character in DOA6—just changed the eye color and hairstyle.

It's like TN has found a magic formula that will keep their (Japanese) fans happy for ages: just simply mass produce Marie Rose's face and they'll be able to sell all the DLC they want (and for optional bonus profit, stick copied Marie heads on a flat chested torso). I don't think that they really care about the sentiments of their western fans at all. This was totally not what I had in mind when they were teasing the reveal of a new "serious" female character a few months ago.
They literally brought out Diego for this game which was Western fan targeted as you can get. I’m fine with the second new face being Japanese fan targeted. At least the character looks like something out of RailDex with the lightning teleports and science gimmick

I don't really like the new girl tbh, her fighting style and personality is cool, but it's ruined by her being 18 and her looking like a kuudere clone of Marie Rose and Honoka, but I understand they're playing it safe by using a certain concept and using tropes that Japan loves. Her hair also looks super goofy too, what were they thinking? >.>

Hopefully I'll like her more in the final game since I wasn't too impressed by her, she's basically just Luna in a blue wig and she looks and seems like a knock off of Alisa from Tekken with the whole design and cyborg girl type niche she has going on. All I can is Monkey see monkey do, Tekken does it, Tecmo too at this point xD

Raidou looked like he was made of plastic, a mass-produced robot fighter perhaps? The stages were nice, i like the forest temple one, the Lab was a standard stage.

But this little girl scientist, i just don't know. It's disappointing they didn't do something more unexpected or original. How does she get Raidou's electric Torn Sky bolts? She's no ninja. And she teleports?

And Lisa... so NOTHING happened to her after being crushed by a collapsing building? Odd... i'm really confused now...

Im digging the new options Lisa has to get her command grabs off. But why does Kokoro have an air grab now? And it resets?? Talk about a buff, lol. As for the new girl Nico, I need to see more before I judge her, but so far, shes slightly disappointing. Im hoping when I see more tho, my opinion will change. Overall, I think it was the reveals were fine

Im digging the new options Lisa has to get her command grabs off. But why does Kokoro have an air grab now? And it resets?? Talk about a buff, lol. As for the new girl Nico, I need to see more before I judge her, but so far, shes slightly disappointing. Im hoping when I see more tho, my opinion will change. Overall, I think it was the reveals were fine

Seriously! I saw that air grab and went "oh no....oh no, I already hate Kokoro, now she's going to be more braindead annoying" lol.

Seriously! I saw that air grab and went "oh no....oh no, I already hate Kokoro, now she's going to be more braindead annoying" lol.

Lol! Only Kokoro mains will be happy. Hopefully our mains will have good buffs and new moves that will be just as advantageous

Lol! Only Kokoro mains will be happy. Hopefully our mains will have good buffs and new moves that will be just as advantageous

Sadly Hitomi looks basically the same lol. Hopefully the system being more like 3.1 and the removal of stagger escape helps her out a bit. She can pressure more with her neutral game and focus less on the stun game.

Don´t like the new female character but the stages look COOL

Initially, I feel the same as you about Nico, but I will reserve judgment after I see more of her gameplay. They really only shown a few of her reversals and some grabs along with her Fatal Rush, which to me isnt much at all. But design.....yea, that leaves much to be desired

What exactly did you call? She doesn't really resemble anyone from Kenichi. BTW thanks for reminding me about that show. Still made it only got 2 seasons. Then again the manga near the end got really dumb and felt rushed.

Probably cuz it was. Sad too, cuz it was really good

Don't know what the ugly thumbnail image in the video is about...

Additional story theories:

- I think that Raidou is an example of a character that will show up in story, but not in the game as a playable character. His prototype looks a lot earlier than what they showed us for DOA5 Raidou. So either they plan on making super soldiers for war, or this is result of the character we got in DOA5.

- DOA6 story is partially based off of the DOA movie. NiCO is the female version of Weatherbee (Donovan's Scientist) and the research facility is on a tropical island.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD