Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

They barely even let her win in her own trailer

200251.jpg

human013

Not a big fan of the stage. It looks like a little "box" with cars all around and no way to see what there is behind. And a big lack of artistic research. Still waiting for old style stages like those in landscape with big panorama or Japanese temples in huge areas...
The area you play in is a bit boring but I like the background. The destroyed road overhead and the sky makes it a little better.

SaihateDYNAMO

Not a big fan of the stage. It looks like a little "box" with cars all around and no way to see what there is behind. And a big lack of artistic research. Still waiting for old style stages like those in landscape with big panorama or Japanese temples in huge areas...
As much as I like the CONCEPT of this new stage, I agree with you on the “artistic research” part. I think this stage would have been so much more interesting and DOA-like if you started on the actual highway at the top of the stage, while avoiding cars, Gamblers Paradise style. THEN when someone falls off the side the accident at the bottom (AKA the stage we have now) happens.

I hate how these stages just so happen to have obstacles in square/circular shapes too... that’s more of a Tekken/VF thing, DOA’s stages should be about huge, explorable arenas with unorthodox shapes and sizes. The Jurassic Park stage has a similar issue, as there’s a huge wooden structure in the background of that stage (similar to what DOA2U Aerial Gardens had) that easily could have been where the characters fight on. Instead we get rocks in a circular shape... I guess TN thinks a lot of explosions and cutscene danger zones would make up for that this time around??

Raansu

I think this stage would have been so much more interesting and DOA-like if you started on the actual highway at the top of the stage, while avoiding cars, Gamblers Paradise style.

No....no......NO! Stop! STAHP!

That stage was the absolute worst. Why do you want random BS happening on the stage that occurs OUTSIDE of the damn camera? I straight up turned off danger zones in DoA4 just so I could avoid that stages BS a long with the safari stage. Fuck that shit.

Raansu

I think there is a balance between vast and varied stages and also gameplay balanced stages.

And that balance is called Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and Dead or Alive 3.

If you go back and look, pretty much all the stages in doa2 and 3 with the exception of like two of them were all literally just big circles or big rectangles.

just_me

Standard Donor
If you go back and look, pretty much all the stages in doa2 and 3 with the exception of like two of them were all literally just big circles or big rectangles.

Most 2U and 3 stages weren't particularly large either… Dragon Hill is a collection of really small rectangles, a larger rectangle and a fairly small circle. The stage with the largest actual surface area in 2U is probably the beach stage.

The largest stage in 3 was Lorelei with no competition. DoA3 didn't even have many multi-tiered stages… only 4 and 3 are in LR.

I still hope we get at least 1-2 stages with 3-4 tiers/layers, but since even DoA5 vanilla had that, I'm still optimistic in that regard.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
if all of the characters get a single trailer and all have a stage we’ll have a good amount of stages. I wonder when Nyotengu and Phase4 will be shown.

legibifou

Most 2U and 3 stages weren't particularly large either… Dragon Hill is a collection of really small rectangles, a larger rectangle and a fairly small circle. The stage with the largest actual surface area in 2U is probably the beach stage.

The largest stage in 3 was Lorelei with no competition. DoA3 didn't even have many multi-tiered stages… only 4 and 3 are in LR.

I still hope we get at least 1-2 stages with 3-4 tiers/layers, but since even DoA5 vanilla had that, I'm still optimistic in that regard.

Even if stages were small, the feeling was very different thanks to big panoramas (that give this unique feeling of freedom) or thanks to beautiful and realistic landscape (Some are still now so photorealistic, nothing like that in DOA5).
The artistic touch changes everything.

Atahotaku

Every new costume is looking so awesome that with every new reveal, I want to main the character portrayed x'D

I'm a little upset with the stage. It's cool, but the flying cars aren't my cup of tea. Also that leak made it even more dissapointing, since I was waiting for a good snow stage (I was thinking in a fuel station, that would give more believable danger zones, and a stage with good footprints texture in the snow. Think about something like the world portrayed in "The Road").

Anyways, I hope that in the next reveal in DOA FESTIVAL we have Lisa and the new girl.

RetroMe91

I think it’s good to have stages like this. It adds a dynamic of enclosure. It feels constrictive, so you can’t just run from your opponent. You have to use a different strategy. Having varying stages is more important to me.

I also like the post apocalyptic feeling this stage has. Like it’s from Walking Dead or a zombie movie/game. Haha

juliusxcix

i like the new stage but you can tell it’s incomplete. that is the dryest stage in the game so far. all of the other stages are gorgeous so i think that one is just like... incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD