Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm sure the old casual costumes will be downloadable at some point. Some of them were really legacy.

Still no casual costume for Helena. She didn't have one in DOA5 either (from the DLC pack).

Macca Beam

Yeh not quite. Male fetish is typically homoerotic, DOA males tend to be dressed in a). tradition martial arts garment b). armour c). street wear. I dont see a comparison here.
you must've missed the bare chests, sportswears and speedos.

I see nothing inappropriate about an adult woman dressing sexually.
just because it pleases your urges doesn't mean it's not inappropriate.

i want you to go to your workplace, say "you should dress in this appropriate clothing next holiday" while holding a picture of that bdsm suit and tell me about the responses you got. if it was appropriate and not fetishy, none of the adults there would question anything about it.

Dr PaC

and i'm sitting here like...
giphy.gif

RIGHT!!! LMAO

Jadeinchains

The default outfits all around have just been so great especially after this latest trailer where we really saw a lot. Lisa's were great as I've said, Kokoro's were awesome, that French outfit with the beret is gorgeous looking. And the new ones we saw for Mila, Tina, Christie etc were great too.

Truth

That logic can be applied to all the DOA girls. Look at how many busty females there are, their hair color, personality, and outfit. They all fit a specific mold. Christie is a busty white hair sexy female assassin and her outfit fits the mold. Kasumi is a brown hair busty female ninja with a ninja outfit. Tina is a blonde busty female with the usual american personality. Kokoro is a black hair busty Asian in traditional clothing and acts a certain way. Just keep going down the list. It's fine to not like the character but what TN is doing doesn't look like anything new.

This.

The same logic can not be applied. Clearly you did not understand my post. I have no problem with tropey characters nor sexual characters , so long as they are formed convincingly and make sense.
The mature sexual dominatrix/assassin female is almost a rite of passage in fighting games, ivy in sc, Anna in tekken, sindel in mk. Not only is Christie a homage to the genre, her design, costume and personality actually make sense. Her sexual appearance is tied into her personality and her back story. We actually see in her DOA4 ending scene that’s she disguises herself as a stripper to catch her prey. It makes make sense, it’s coherent. Her image is fit for purpose.
What doesn’t make sense is a scientist with a face and body of a 12 year old and voice of a young adult, only made 18 on paper so they don’t get banned in EUR markets once they write her to be completely oblivious of her sexuality as they put her in suggestive outfits and poses. Not coherent, not convincing, that’s not a character it’s a product for more pervy merchandising. And that’s why DOA will never be taken seriously. Next case.

ux1Mxjj.gif

XxSakuraLuvaxX

i'll fix the thread ! : )

lq screenshots but if there's one thing that irritates me is that there's always a light following the camera pointed directly at the characters.
2xSAvM3.jpg
i know that it was for the sake of visibility but i feel like it kind of ruined the throwdown stage's intense dynamic lighting and shadows- as the ambient lighting was also boosted a ton making everything more flat.
before
1pxkJkV.jpg

after
ZP8si74.jpg
it might be a step in the wrong direction but i'd really like to see a mid-point where the lighting is interesting while the characters are also easily discernable. oh and it's straight up awful during winning poses where the directional light sources are easier to pick out and the sweaty greasy glare on the face makes no sense from that perspective

tldr: team ninja cheating with lights so the game is brighter just do it better

Dr PaC

Ugh my two mains... Both of their defaults are too damn good it's true. 2019 is going to be a fine year.

tumblr_pie8cqB3Zq1satj6do8_400.gif

tumblr_pie8cqB3Zq1satj6do4_400.gif

I think its great that Lisa's slide kick move has a command grab option now. In that first gif you have, do you think that air grab needs to be from done from her command run or is that just her standing airgrab?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I think its great that Lisa's slide kick move has a command grab option now. In that first gif you have, do you think that air grab needs to be from done from her command run or is that just her standing airgrab?
I'm hoping her fancy new air throws (One out of carrera and one from BT) are their own things, separate from her neutral air throw with incentive damage increases to motivate Lisa players to vary our setups whenever possible. The fact that they're giving her unique throw animations from forward and BT alone makes me super excited. Hopefully there are even more surprises in her move-list we don't know about.

tumblr_pie8cqB3Zq1satj6do7_400.gif

This off a cliff definitely needs to yield Luchadora Izuna drop.

EDIT: Actually upon inspection this looks like her BT 8T OH can now catch airborne, so it certainly IS it's own thing.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

OR they can just tone down the stupid sweat/grease so that they can still continue to light up the characters without them looking bad
oh wait, this is a next gen game and you have to pull all the VFX stops.

The mature sexual dominatrix/assassin female is almost a rite of passage in fighting games, ivy in sc, Anna in tekken, sindel in mk.
translation: if it's a done to death and safe trope and i like it, it's good. then again, if having common tropes is a "rite of passage in fighting games", then an impossibly young supergenius ALSO fits that bill because it is a trope.

We actually see in her DOA4 ending scene that’s she disguises herself as a stripper to catch her prey.
and i suppose the rest of the cast also disguised themselves as a stripper to catch their prey somewhere in a game's ending? did lisa's luchadora costumes have any purpose other than entertaining the crowd and the viewer? is tina even a cowgirl? what reason does a rig worker have to wear a hood but leave his chest exposed?

suggestive [...] poses.
you're the first person i've seen that gets turned on by someone flashing some handsigns. not joking.

hot take: the only reason DOA is and will never be taken seriously is because people like you try every embarrassing argument you can to justify why you feel the hots for some pixels on the screen. the reason other fighters don't have anybody laughing at them is because they already embraced and accepted their own degeneracy.

Dr PaC

I'm hoping her fancy new air throws (One out of carrera and one from BT) are their own things, separate from her neutral air throw with incentive damage increases to motivate Lisa players to vary our setups whenever possible. The fact that they're giving her unique throw animations from forward and BT alone makes me super excited. Hopefully there are even more surprises in her move-list we don't know about.

tumblr_pie8cqB3Zq1satj6do7_400.gif

This off a cliff definitely needs to yield Luchadora Izuna drop.

EDIT: Actually upon inspection this looks like her BT 8T OH can now catch airborne, so it certainly IS it's own thing.

Thats great news! I always wanted to pocket Lisa, but I always felt she never had enough options in her kit so I stayed playing Tina. Im really excited to get to see whats new with Lisa in DOA6.

human013

it doesn’t be matter if she’s a ninja, school girl, or martial arts practitioner. She’s still a petite teenage loli, and all the other bells and whistles like her blue hair and futuristic costumes doesn’t come off as anything other than a generic loli in fetishy cosplay.
Use this logic and strip the current DOA characters like you did to Nico and it's the same. Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro, Leifang, Tina, Helena, and every other female. They are all busty females at the base then add in the "bells and whistles" and you get the current characters. They aren't an issue because you just happen to like the molds they fit into.

Use Kasumi and Ayane. Or think of any DOA girl.
She’s still a busty teenager, and all the other bells and whistles like her (insert color here) hair and (insert costume theme here) doesn’t come off as anything other than a generic busty teenager in fetishy cosplay.

The same logic can not be applied. Clearly you did not understand my post. I have no problem with tropey characters nor sexual characters , so long as they are formed convincingly and make sense.
The mature sexual dominatrix/assassin female is almost a rite of passage in fighting games, ivy in sc, Anna in tekken, sindel in mk. Not only is Christie a homage to the genre, her design, costume and personality actually make sense. Her sexual appearance is tied into her personality and her back story. We actually see in her DOA4 ending scene that’s she disguises herself as a stripper to catch her prey. It makes make sense, it’s coherent. Her image is fit for purpose.
What doesn’t make sense is a scientist with a face and body of a 12 year old and voice of a young adult, only made 18 on paper so they don’t get banned in EUR markets once they write her to be completely oblivious of her sexuality as they put her in suggestive outfits and poses. Not coherent, not convincing, that’s not a character it’s a product for more pervy merchandising. And that’s why DOA will never be taken seriously. Next case.

ux1Mxjj.gif
Basically what I said before. You like some tropes so it is fine and the tropes you don't like is incomprehensible and bad. An evil wrestling scientist is fine but this new scientist is too much. I'll leave it at this since people are already moving on.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Thats great news! I always wanted to pocket Lisa, but I always felt she never had enough options in her kit so I stayed playing Tina. Im really excited to get to see whats new with Lisa in DOA6.
You should! Tina and Lisa are a ton of fun! I'm getting art of them done for my Hitbox and I'm super stoked now that both have been confirmed for 6.

Basically what I said before. You like some tropes so it is fine and the tropes you don't like is incomprehensible and bad. An evil wrestling scientist is fine but this new scientist is too much. I'll leave it at this since people are already moving on.

No one said Lisa was evil! You can be working on the wrong side of things and not be evil. :) I bet in 6 she's all good.

Atahotaku

Surpassing the phase of "I don't like NiCO because she's not the new waifu I was expecting", and lets be fair, that's 50%, if not more, of the people complaining about her, I'm still not digging the character too much. I mean, lets think about her role: a young genius scientist. Man, they've could given us a cooler badass character, like Kokonoe A. Mercury from BlazBlue, and they ruined that opportunity by trying to appeal to the Marie Rose's fanbase -.-"

At this point, I'm upset for the character for that reason more than anything else. The concept for her could be a lot more cooler.

Ahhhhh~~, at least I hope that now Lisa dropes her role as scientist and sticks to her luchadora's persona, which is where she should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD