Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiki91

Please post ONE shred of evidence.

“We wanted to make a more cool and mature Dead or Alive this time, and to that end we made a conscious decision to make the characters less sexualized,” Shimbori told IGN.

It goes without saying that this decision is heavily influenced by the fact that the industry is moving away from overtly sexualized female characters in general, but Team Ninja seems to have a concrete vision behind this shift in style. If you look at the game’s concept art, you can see that Kasumi is no longer just a fantasy figure for young boys; she’s a warrior."

Source: IGN

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...-on-can-team-ninja-balance-familiar-and-fresh

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
tumblr_inline_p2t358qr7H1r1jtxd_540.gif

shiki91

Since this dude clearly has no life here is thread which will, if he takes time to read it, shut him up. Here at FSD we have already had our little pansy freak out moment about all of this, at this point it's just jerkbags like this stirring the pot again and annoying everyone.

A banned topic that nobody can post in...? I'm getting 'other forum' vibes... lol

Newsflash - this shit will continue up to and even after the game releases. Do you know why? I do, but do you?

JJdude

Guys, guys I understand from both perspective but in the end of the day the numbers of sales only matters when it comes to business. If the numbers remained the same,lower, or higher than the previous games then it pretty much tell you what worked or didn't. Just like in DOA5 when the whole "I'm a Fighter" was a thing.When they tried to be serious . But we will have to wait when it comes out.

Sotherius

Here is a list of things about DOA 6 redesigns and a bit about DOA 5, no opinions here, just things i noticed.

- Kasumi is never shown in the DOA 5 story mode using her classic outfit, only her clone, despite it being the main costume.

- Hitomi's ears were too big in early builds of doa 5, people complained, they fixed it.

- Kasumi has a skin tight default suit with heels, which is considered in general something sexy.

- Kasumi's breasts are around the same size as they were in DOA 5. Helena's breasts are smaller than her doa 5 counterpart, but it is more alike what she had on doa 2 ~ 4. Though it could be that the body model of kasumi and helena at least so far are the same, i won't bother to compare the models, some modder will do that when the game releases.

- Helena's dress in DOA 6 includes clevage, panty shots, heels and socks, again, something that for general knowledge is considered sexy.

So, with that out of the way, you can have your opinions, but just don't ignore what is already in game.

Hayabusiness

Kasumi's iconic blue outfit will be back, it has been confirmed very early on. I forgot where but I can't be arsed to check.

I hope Helena's classic red outfit from DOA2 will be back too.

KwonJigglypuff

I hope some costumes will get updates. I know that's not something fans would like, because we are conservative sometimes.
For instance with Helena's white & blue C2 (DOA2), they could add a metal armor on the corset, metal shoulder pads and metal heels on the shoes to make it more powerful and modern.
Or replace the velvet parts with a better texture. Something shiny.

latest

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Kasumi's iconic blue outfit will be back, it has been confirmed very early on. I forgot where but I can't be arsed to check.

I hope Helena's classic red outfit from DOA2 will be back too.
https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/5/164135.html

Gotchu

Specifically:

Editor: There is also a part of fashion design. I saw that the protagonist’s "Xia" costume is really... the bag is very tight. Is the costume of the female character all in this form?

Xinyi: At the current stage, first we want to convey the fun nature of DOA as a fighting game, so first announce the costumes you see. Of course, those popular costumes will be included. But you know, this promotion is for the world, to put it on the standard of the world, too sexy clothing may be...

Of course, the classic costumes in the early days of " Life and Death Fighting " will be included, and this part is certain.

Hayabusiness

I hope some costumes will get updates. I know that's not something fans would like, because we are conservative sometimes.
For instance with Helena's white & blue C2 (DOA2), they could add a metal armor on the corset, metal shoulder pads and metal heels on the shoes to make it more powerful and modern.
Or replace the velvet parts with a better texture. Something shiny.

latest

I love this idea. Helena with some elegant armor bits would look amazing, but I'd rather it be a whole new outfit than an update. I could sketch something for her.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Wellllllll there's enough in 5 to go off of if you connect the dots.

She was shown in the story mode long before she was ever released as DLC unwillingly slaying Bayman's troops and giving him his scar. Presumably that's the Phase 4 we play as in LR. We can assume the laboratory she was created in was the one destroyed at the end of DOA 5. They could even tie Lisa in with her story (Assuming they haven't written her out of the games, which I doubt they have, they never answered any questions about her). Why was Lisa at the lab at the end of the story? She seemed oblivious to the fact that Hayate was there. Maybe she was there because of whatever unknown she works for sending her in as a double agent to relinquish MIST's programming on Phase 4? It would explain why she doesn't offer much resistance and is actually willing to help the Ninja out in their mission and even pleads for them to destroy the final Alpha.

If Phase 4 in DOA 6 is free from MIST's control she could cut her hair and turn it black in rebellion of MIST programming her as a replica of Kasumi. She could have a vindictive goal towards MIST reflecting as an aggressive but good personality as a fighter. Instead of "I don't want to hurt you... But I will." Something like "There is something I must do... I won't let you stand in my way!"
so kinda like an anti hero. like that xd.

Jadeinchains

There isn't a general Doa6 thread so I don't know exactly where to speculate about this so I'll just post it here. :p

So...With EVO like 3 weeks away I'm guessing it's unlikely we are gonna see any reveals until EVO now. I imagine we'll surely see stuff at EVO though and again I think we'll see stuff the month after that at TGS, So it will be like -

June - game revealed at E3
July - nothing
August - reveal at EVO
September - reveal at TGS

Maybe after that reveals will be more often since after September there's possibly only 5 months more until release.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There isn't a general Doa6 thread so I don't know exactly where to speculate about this so I'll just post it here. :p

So...With EVO like 3 weeks away I'm guessing it's unlikely we are gonna see any reveals until EVO now. I imagine we'll surely see stuff at EVO though and again I think we'll see stuff the month after that at TGS, So it will be like -

June - game revealed at E3
July - nothing
August - reveal at EVO
September - reveal at TGS

Maybe after that reveals will be more often since after September there's possibly only 5 months more until release.

There's Gamescom at the end of August too. I'm sure they will have something to show there too. Gamescom is way bigger (2nd biggest gaming event in the world) than Evo with a wider casual gamer reach.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hitomi at Gamescom would make sense
Too much sense, which is why she won't be there

Speaking of Hitomi, I wonder if they will slightly redesign her face and hair. Both imo looked a little off, especially compared to the other girls who were all really pretty/beautiful.
So far it looks though as if they are not changing that much on characters, though Ryu got different eyes and Helena, as many keep remarking, looks indeed slimmer, especially her face. That could be due the more advanced lighting and shadowing though.

Jadeinchains

Speaking of Hitomi, I wonder if they will slightly redesign her face and hair. Both imo looked a little off, especially compared to the other girls who were all really pretty/beautiful.
So far it looks though as if they are not changing that much on characters, though Ryu got different eyes and Helena, as many keep remarking, looks indeed slimmer, especially her face. That could be due the more advanced lighting and shadowing though.

... Like and retweet if the woman on the left is just as pretty as the woman on the right!
427371246B5A89D460B587D26C243EC387DFC083
669FAA1F8352D7EB2553E6A3B8FC7C31903771E0

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD