Lisa combo's

Karraz

When the opponent does a low wakeup kick my mix is:

9K, BT 4P+K, 7P to CB I think you can mix PP4 before the BT 7P to add some extra damage, but they can escape of that with a low/hi counter, so I don't recommend it.

If the like to counter, Deja Vu fixes that.

Nuke-Nin

Ultimate troll combo:
qcfK4, 7P, qcfK4, 7P for CB!

Works on normal hit! (lmao ;))

Back to back CBs ftw (or the lose against a good player haha)
im so mean ;_; i find these combos that get the player to 50% at the start lol and i dont share! okay so here they are:
1PP(4) ~ Booty Bump 4P+K ~ BT7P ~ 8K ~ 6P8K ~ 7K6P+K on CH instead of 7k you can do air grab

ScattereDreams

Light weights.

:9::K: sit down stun

BT :4::P: - :7::K::6::F: - :F+P: .
[NH - 84 points of damage]

BT :4::P: - :4::P::K: - :7::K::6::5::P+K:
[NH - 79pts of damage. For nearby dangerzones]

BT :4::P: - :7::K::6::F: - :6::P::4::P::P:
[NH - 74pts of damage. Alternate wall combo]

BT :P+K: guard crush

:6::P::8::K: - :4::P::K: - :F+P:
[ 71pts of damage + floor dangerzone]

:1::P::K: - :236::K: - :P+K: - :4::P::K: - :7::K::6::F: - :1::K:
[ 81pts of damage. Force tech]

:1::P::P: - :7::K: - :4::P: - :7::K::6::F: - :F+P:
[97pts of damage]

:1: :P::P: - :4::P+K: - :4::P: - :7::K::6::F: - :F+P:
[Max damage = 102 without wall]

:1: :P::P: - :4::P+K: - :4::P: - :4::P::K: - :7::K::6::5::P+K:
[max damage for wall = 97]

:3::3::P: - :4::P::K: - :7::K::6::F: - :F+P:
[Damage = 111]

:4::K: - :3::3::P: - :4::P::K: - :7::K::6::5::P+K:
[damage = 103]

:7::K::6: - :3::3::P: - :4::P::K: - :7::K::6::F: - :F+P:
[Max damage = 126. Requires precision, and must be well timed for 33p launcher]

:6::K: - :7::K::6: - :4::P::K: - :F+P:
[Max damage = 85 without ceiling.]

:3::3::P: - :4::P::K: - :6::K: - :F+P:
[Damage = 109, for ceiling stages]

Brute

Standard Donor
Question on the Deja Vu: I have trouble on it sometimes so I went in training and a lot of times it reads my Ts as H+P+K for some reason. I went and changed controller settings to custom and removed any button from doing H+P+K and set the Taunt to nothing, tried both sidestep settings and yet the problem persists.

Any tips on why this happens, or just getting better at doing the move in general?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Question on the Deja Vu: I have trouble on it sometimes so I went in training and a lot of times it reads my Ts as H+P+K for some reason. I went and changed controller settings to custom and removed any button from doing H+P+K and set the Taunt to nothing, tried both sidestep settings and yet the problem persists.

Any tips on why this happens, or just getting better at doing the move in general?

um....wow thats news to me, how old is your controller?

Brute

Standard Donor
um....wow thats news to me, how old is your controller?
I ran some extensive testing. It is my controller. Used my bros for a bit, no issues.
It's a couple years honestly. Not old enough to break, though, I'd think. Got a new one in the mail. This one is silver 'cause fuck the system.

FakeSypha

Some "home" guaranteed combos I made.

Can I get some ideas to use a Power Launcher instead of her Power Blow in Home stage? Preferably taking advantage of breakable wall/objects.
I mean, I tried some stuff but ended up with sub par damage. In the exact setup (9K on CH, into W!, into CB) when I tried to use the PL I didn't get any followup. The foe bounces on the ceiling and intermediately after touching the ground he/she can tech roll.

ailingeternity

Stick with the power blow, the same thing happens if you use :3::h::+::P: :+: :h::+::P: and wall juggle after that, guess it's to prevent the stage from being banned in competitive play. :6::4::h::+::P: is also ideal for big punishment if set up right, Lisa can get some really nasty guaranteed combos from that.

FakeSypha

Stick with the power blow, the same thing happens if you use :3::h::+::P: :+: :h::+::P: and wall juggle after that, guess it's to prevent the stage from being banned in competitive play. :6::4::h::+::P: is also ideal for big punishment if set up right, Lisa can get some really nasty guaranteed combos from that.
Then Power Blow it is. Thanks!

Tones

Premium Donor
Power launcher 6f (for timing) then juggle.

4pk 4pk 6kk if you're against a wall
6p8k 4pk p+h

Anyone found any decent power launcher juggles other than her standard?

ailingeternity

EDIT: After heading to the lab to discover more Power Launcher combos, this is what I've come up with.

Lightweights: :7::K::6: :7::K::6: :7::K::6: :4::P::K: :h::+::P: - 127 damage.
Midweights: :7::K::6: :7::K::6: :7::K::6: :6::K: :h::+::P: - 119 damage
Heavyweights: :7::K::6: :7::K::6: :4::P::K: :h::+::P: - 115 damage

Rule of thumb is to get used to :7::K::6: as your bread and butter for juggling, it requires a certain rhythm to get used to but should become second nature after a while.

Last edited:

Batcommander

do you have any ideas for this throw now since they changed the stun on booty bump vs BT opponent? Im curious if there any uses for this throw now since it seems you get more damage punishing with :4::4::F+P: .

ailingeternity

:6::4::h::+::P: was buffed to +11 you can get a guaranteed BT :4::P: right off the bat with that, but if you're looking to punish just go with :4::4::h::+::P:, it offers roughly the same damage potential as what :6::4::h::+::P: does and it's a much faster punishing tool too. Booty bump does setup for a 50/50 situation so don't rule it out if you like to get a bit risky for your damage. However, if I'm going to use an 11 frame throw it's Deja Vu all the way, :6::4::h::+::P: doesn't benefit from counter or hi-counter throws and while Lisa is a shenanigans based character we still want raw damage to come from her punishment as she is still a grappler, not mixup. All of this together makes :6::4::h::+::P: a bit of a useless throw really, all it offers is a 50/50 from BT but each to their own, the only situation it's a benefit to use as a punishment tool is with your back to the wall, since your consequent combo will deal more damage, this does not apply to heavyweights, in that situation only use :4::h::+::P: or Deja Vu. I can see :4::4::h::+::P: getting nerfed in the future to compensate...

Last edited:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
:6::4::h::+::P: was buffed to +11 you can get a guaranteed BT :4::P: right off the bat with that, but if you're looking to punish just go with :4::4::h::+::P:, it offers roughly the same damage potential as what :6::4::h::+::P: does and it's a much faster punishing tool too. Booty bump does setup for a 50/50 situation so don't rule it out if you like to get a bit risky for your damage. However, if I'm going to use an 11 frame throw it's Deja Vu all the way, :6::4::h::+::P: doesn't benefit from counter or hi-counter throws and while Lisa is a shenanigans based character we still want raw damage to come from her punishment as she is still a grappler, not mixup. All of this together makes :6::4::h::+::P: a bit of a useless throw really, all it offers is a 50/50 from BT but each to their own, the only situation it's a benefit to use as a punishment tool is with your back to the wall, since your consequent combo will deal more damage, this does not apply to heavyweights, in that situation only use :4::h::+::P: or Deja Vu. I can see :4::4::h::+::P: getting nerfed in the future to compensate...

dont jinx it D:

btw :4::4::F+P:, :6::P::8::K:, :6::P::8::K:, :F+P: 82 dmg if im remembering correctly

after some testing with Blackula, there are some kinks to work out with it since for some reason (going based off of memory from a few days ago) lisa won't launch them as high when the string hits if the opponent stagger escapes, and apparently the :8::K: will miss if the opponent tries to dash away, but if they try to stagger and dash, it'll still hit. So yeah thats all I can remember at the moment, and will continue to work on the kinks

Last edited:

ailingeternity

dont jinx it D:

btw :4::4::F+P:, :6::P::8::K:, :6::P::8::K:, :F+P: 82 dmg if im remembering correctly

after some testing with Blackula, there are some kinks to work out with it since for some reason (going based off of memory from a few days ago) lisa won't launch them as high when the string hits if the opponent stagger escapes, and apparently the :8::K: will miss if the opponent tries to dash away, but if they try to stagger and dash, it'll still hit. So yeah thats all I can remember at the moment, and will continue to work on the kinks
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/lisa-changes-doa5u.3431/ :4::4::h::+::P: is covered in full here (1st page). Some characters can escape it but have to succumb to the full stun (slow escaping does not work). If it is nerfed though in the future without sufficient buffs in other aspects of her gameplay, I may seriously consider dropping her. I doubt they will as it will severely limit her both offensively and defensively.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/lisa-changes-doa5u.3431/ :4::4::h::+::P: is covered in full here (1st page). Some characters can escape it but have to succumb to the full stun (slow escaping does not work). If it is nerfed though in the future without sufficient buffs in other aspects of her gameplay, I may seriously consider dropping her. I doubt they will as it will severely limit her both offensively and defensively.
Yeah this is why I shouldn't read things and not revisit them. I always end up forgetting.

Batcommander

Don't worry Gruff things like that are easy to miss, I hope I'm not sounding like a bigot to anyone.
no way dude! lol

But seriously, someone wrote another post somewhere, and talked about how difficult it can be at times to share info or tips without coming off as an asshole. I guess it's just the nature of the written word, without any meaningful way to convey tone (aside from smilies lmao), things might be perceived in an incorrect way.

But i dont think anyone here is a jerk or anything at all, us Lisa players are all pretty civil and chill, plus we need people talking about Lisa more! ♥

AkaShocka

no way dude! lol

But seriously, someone wrote another post somewhere, and talked about how difficult it can be at times to share info or tips without coming off as an asshole. I guess it's just the nature of the written word, without any meaningful way to convey tone (aside from smilies lmao), things might be perceived in an incorrect way.

But i dont think anyone here is a jerk or anything at all, us Lisa players are all pretty civil and chill, plus we need people talking about Lisa more! ♥
Dear lord. That should be Lisa's national anthem!
#TeamLisa

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD