Characters Lolicopter - [Marie Rose Information & Discussion Thread]

Kodachi

Standard Donor
MARIE KURISUMASU
tumblr_myf5bnR4211qz4ln0o1_500.jpg
tumblr_myf5bnR4211qz4ln0o2_r1_1280.jpg tumblr_myf5bnR4211qz4ln0o3_r1_1280.jpg tumblr_myf5bnR4211qz4ln0o4_r1_1280.jpg tumblr_myf5bnR4211qz4ln0o5_r1_1280.jpg

FatalxInnocence

Most of Innistrad's double-faced cards were utter garbage though, unfortunately. The only good one that I can think of off the top of my head is this one.

About Marie though, I think her roll is much more intimidating than her sidestep.

I don't know. That SS jump stance seems like it goes practically behind the player, from what I've seen anyway. Her damage output seems fairly good too. Haven't seen many combos, but the one I've seen from that high looking kick that puts her in BT, seems like that would be her best launcher mid screen.

I see her high sabaki destroying the ninjas too, mainly Kasumi ( since her high game is seemingly obvious for the most part. ) Kasumi hoshinpo P being countered by Marie Rose high sabaki will look hilarious. ( To me anyway xD )

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well, that taunt into back roll will get hella frustrating... Too many people will have fun trolling scrubs on ranked with that taunt xD expect to see alotta hatemail ;D.

Also, now that we've seen some concrete gameplay she's seems interesting, I may have to give her a try out when the time comes but I'll still main Ein/Busa. Depending on how much fun she is to use or if we get along depends on if I'll actually use her at all.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Now that I can actually hear her, I can say that I don't like her voice. It's tolerable, but annoying. And that lose pose is godawful, but it's not like we'll ever see it anyway.

I wonder if she has a character theme. Every fight was playing the other character's theme, except for the fight with Sarah, which was playing the stage theme, which is technically the same thing because the default theme setting for Sarah is the stage theme.

FatalxInnocence

That PPPK ( or whatever the input is. ) ender is boring. I think I'd probably have to find a replacement for that. Style over substance for me... that triple spin kick thing is the way to go! but she is looking promising. That final costume though will definitely by my main costume for her. I'm really not liking that weird battle suit thing.

Brute

Standard Donor
These juggles look kinda braindead with a bunch of standard punch strings. I hope she doesn't turn out like Momiji.

FatalxInnocence

These juggles look kinda braindead with a bunch of standard punch strings. I hope she doesn't turn out like Momiji.

Aren't all juggles in DOA kinda braindead? I don't think I've come across an advance juggle... ever to be honest. And I use pretty much every female character in this game ( apart from Christie cause I despise her. ) so I don't see the problem with being able to go "pppk" ~ It does however look boring as hell. You can always add variety into the combos... you don't have to go with what you're seeing.

Heck, I already know I don't plan on using pppk as an ender... that spinny kick thing looks awesome... and will be attached to all my combos cause of how awesome it looks. SpinnySpinSpin.

Brute

Standard Donor
Aren't all juggles in DOA kinda braindead? I don't think I've come across an advance juggle... ever to be honest. And I use pretty much every female character in this game
Well there's your problem. Try doing Ryu's launch->33P4->Shoho Izuna consistently. That is hard as nutz.

Then of course there's 100% of everything Akira.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
There can only be ONE Sailor Saturn.

She is merely Sailor Chibi Moon... with a useless moveset made useful with Level 3 X-Factor.

Conflicted, much.

FatalxInnocence

Well there's your problem. Try doing Ryu's launch->33P4->Shoho Izuna consistently. That is hard as nutz.

Then of course there's 100% of everything Akira.

So, you pretty much meant "I hope she's like Ryu & Akira, and not everyone else" well good luck with that rofl. Chances are she's gonna be like 97% of the cast and not the 3% you're referring to.

Brute

Standard Donor
So, you pretty much meant "I hope she's like Ryu & Akira, and not everyone else" well good luck with that rofl.
Thanks. Considering that Ryu is more fun to play than other other character combined, I've been hoping for more characters like him for some time. Was disappointed with Momiji.

FatalxInnocence

Thanks. Considering that Ryu is more fun to play than other other character combined, I've been hoping for more characters like him for some time. Was disappointed with Momiji.

To be honest though, her standard game seems like it will be more complex than most due to all her stances. But her combo game, seems quite simple. Which is fine by me.

Brute

Standard Donor
To be honest though, her standard game seems like it will be more complex than most due to all her stances. But her combo game, seems quite simple. Which is fine by me.
Not sure I'd consider a blanket stance that rushes mids complex.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
She's a combo centric character with simple strings. I mean, did y'all see that 25 hit combo she did on Gen Fu? She also sounds very adorable. I wonder who'll be her English VA...

FatalxInnocence

Not sure I'd consider a blanket stance that rushes mids complex.

That's one stance among many. That High sabaki seems like used incorrectly it could put you in a negative situation. That forward somersault could also land you in a sticky situation when used incorrectly as well. Her jump SS when used at the right time would be seemingly deadly.

I think any stance adds a bit of depth & complexity to a character, especially when used in a characters standard game, regardless of how good it is- it still adds that extra layer of complexity in comparison to those without stances.

Brute

Standard Donor
I tend to like risk-taker characters. High risk, high reward. Marie Rose seems to be on the opposite end of that spectrum, at least for now. We'll see how it goes. Not gonna judge 'till I get her in my hands myself.

FatalxInnocence

I tend to like risk-taker characters. High risk, high reward. Marie Rose seems to be on the opposite end of that spectrum, at least for now. We'll see how it goes. Not gonna judge 'till I get her in my hands myself.

This is true hahaha, we're kinda just guessing at the moment. She could end up being surprisingly hard. Who knows at this point.

Costumes
C1
C2
C3
C4
C5
Like all females she has an optional glasses toggle for these outfits.

WAIT, is her C4 actually a separate costume in itself? or is it just her C1 with toggle-able pieces? I always thought it was her C1 with optional parts.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD