DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think its more the fact that we all thought she was gonna be $6 and then TN suddenly decided to add $2 more. Plus some people got her for $3 which is completely unfair.

Yuffie

Are you fucking kidding me?

Shes supposed to cost £6.49... Xbox needs to fix that glitch lol, cool you got her cheap. PSN never makes fuck ups like that anymore
Glad I nabbed her. She's worth it but not at full price, lack of costumes, and decent moveset. Better than spammy Naotora.
I can't believe I didn't notice that she costed the same as a dlc costume XD

Xhominid The Demon Within

Glad I nabbed her. She's worth it but not at full price, lack of costumes, and decent moveset. Better than spammy Naotora.
I can't believe I didn't notice that she costed the same as a dlc costume XD

I wouldn't say that at all. She's easily worth it due to basically being a massive love letter to KOF including keeping all of her moves from that game...

But I do agree that $7-$8 dollars is pushing it even for a 3rd party DLC character.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Number 13

Gonna buy her and probably will never use her again after the first week soley because that locked character portrait will trigger me every time I go select a character. Did the same for Naotora.

Also bought worst shit for $8

Lady Tengu

EXCUSE THE FUCK ME?? XD I don't even own Xbox, I couldn't get it anyway, the freak you mean?? /:-(

xY5v4.gif

found a better one xD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think its more the fact that we all thought she was gonna be $6 and then TN suddenly decided to add $2 more. Plus some people got her for $3 which is completely unfair.
How ? Everyone pays for her in the end.

By the way Mai is like L'oreal she's worth it. Besides 8 dollars isn't even that much, some games charge more for dlc while that dlc is shitty.

Shiranui

Well well well.
I just could play The Queen of Fighters yesterday night finally. She is really fun to play and I love her moves and how good she has been implemented in DOA. Also I love her voices, holds, throws, combos, cliffhanger and stuff like that. But.. I have some complains, too:

-Her taunt poses suck. Mai has much better taunts in her KOF and FF games.
-I miss her kimono in "Shiranui Mai, mairimasu!" intro pose. It's great but if she started dressed in a kimono and changing her clothes while she turns around, as she does in KOF, it could be epic.
-Very few strings. Thanks God she has all that cancels stuff.
-Throws are repetitive (c'mon, two Fuusha Kuzushi) and Yume Sakura (throw while enemy is in the air) is bad animated. Far from good quality other characters have in their animations (and this can also be applied to her clothes and details. For example, her red. Compared to Momiji's red, Mai's look a bit plain, too vivid color, like 2D... Maybe it's intentional).
-No Tag team partner :( (but her voices in Tag are SO great)
-Her alternative palette should have been purple and she should have a third real alternate costume. There were some options. It is really sad, and I don't see DLC costumes coming for her... (I want a ninja costume, not a bunny or teacher or towels&pijama shit).

Anyway, no big deal. Mai in DOA is great and I can't wait to play it again and learn all I can to be good with her ^^

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD