DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

deiteu

£2.39 here in the UK for just the character on Xbox One, bought as soon as I found out. Normally characters are around £4 lol.

Almost tempted to buy the costume set but I never buy costumes so fuck it.

I just played her a tiny bit too.

Shiranui

I'll be playing Mai in 8 hours T__T
So I'll wait patiently to see all what I didn't see yet by myself, like her command list, combo challenges, etc.
CAN'T WAIT.

Guys Mai does NOT have English voice.
TN bein' cheap lol jk
I was expecting this. In KOF characters doesn't have english voices, nor alternate cosutmes. I guess that's why Mai doesn't have any of both. In MI series characters had english voices and alternate costumes but I have the feeling that new SNK don't want to be related with MI series (from old SNKPlaymore).

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

£2.39 here in the UK for just the character on Xbox One, bought as soon as I found out. Normally characters are around £4 lol.

Almost tempted to buy the costume set but I never buy costumes so fuck it.

I just played her a tiny bit too.
Are you fucking kidding me?

Shes supposed to cost £6.49... Xbox needs to fix that glitch lol, cool you got her cheap. PSN never makes fuck ups like that anymore

LarsMasters

I'll be playing Mai in 8 hours T__T
So I'll wait patiently to see all what I didn't see yet by myself, like her command list, combo challenges, etc.
CAN'T WAIT.

I was expecting this. In KOF characters doesn't have english voices, nor alternate cosutmes. I guess that's why Mai doesn't have any of both. In MI series characters had english voices and alternate costumes but I have the feeling that new SNK don't want to be related with MI series (from old SNKPlaymore).

Or after what happened back in KOFXIII AC has unused EN VA & has no decent EN VA in XII

Nikotsumi

They fixed her price on Xbox One. Now she's 7.99€ (that's so expensive). I couldn't buy her when she was 2.99€ and the stupid store still doesn't let me complete my purchase, now I have to wait until tomorrow.
Oh, why am I always so unlucky when buying DLC for this game? :/

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They fixed her price on Xbox One. Now she's 7.99€ (that's so expensive). I couldn't buy her when she was 2.99€ and the stupid store still doesn't let me complete my purchase, now I have to wait until tomorrow.
LOL I'm lucky, I bought her around 4:30
AM and could use her right away.

P2p1mbs

They fixed her price on Xbox One. Now she's 7.99€ (that's so expensive).

I hate the fact that I have to be at work when dlcs come out since I cant take advantage of when the xbone store do these price fuckups :mad:.

I couldn't buy her when she was 2.99€ and the stupid store still doesn't let me complete my purchase, now I have to wait until tomorrow.

Youre not the only one: last month I tried to buy the flower bikini pack but for some reason, my payment option wasnt accepted and when I tried to edit the details, I got alerted of making a card transaction so I held off buying anything for all of august in case something happens. I'm really hoping I wont have problems when I try to buy her tonight when I get home...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, she costs 8€? I might rethink buying her... That a bit steep for a character I'm probably just trying out for a week and then just look at it if it is a pretty girl.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Pardon my french, but this premium price thing is ********. I don't give a **** if she is from KOF or not, she comes with a small moveset, Japanese only audio and only two costumes....her DLC is premium price already. They were better off just making her $6, if she actually came with more than two outfits and had an English dub, it could be justified. I'll still get her, but the pricing is still jank.

FakeSypha

Yep, 8 bucks is a no go for me. I was convincing myself to buy her for the PC version (no PS4 or XB1 here), even considering that version is complete garbage in so many ways... but a single character for 8 dollars. I could buy an (older) full AAA game for that money xD

P2p1mbs

I just finished her command training and unlocked her system voice. I didn't expect her to have one. Odd that they would give her that but no dubs.

Also, I checked out the boob bounce settings; disabling the boob bounce applies to her as well.

Also also I just finished an arcade run using her, she flaunts her body so much :eek:. Way more than even Tina:eek:!! She totally fits in.

Last edited:

deiteu

Are you fucking kidding me?

Shes supposed to cost £6.49... Xbox needs to fix that glitch lol, cool you got her cheap. PSN never makes fuck ups like that anymore
Yeah they fixed it when I checked at 11am and they raised the price to £6.39. Good thing I bought at midnight because I knew they messed up when she costs the same as an individual costume and cheaper than on UK PS4 lol.

But £6 is still too much, sure she's from another video game but she has only 2 costumes and just speaks Japanese. Wouldn't really have been a problem if they just made her the usual price for characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD