Characters Marie Rose, Phase 4 and 1.05

After all of the intense matches from SCR this weekend, it's only fitting that we are followed up with huge news pertaining to our game and community. Marie Rose is coming to consoles 3/25 on Playstation 3 and the 26th on Xbox 360. A 1.05 update is also planned, but little details are available for that.

Update 3/04: Marie Rose will be paid DLC. Her retail price is 5.99 USD. It should also be mentioned that the title update will be coupled with Lorelei.

Kasumi Alpha "Phase 4" is also planned to be released and she is only currently planned for arcades.

The following images provided by Team NINJA. Be sure to thank them (Twitter/Facebook) for their support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people keep saying this? Their original statement was that they would have no DLC characters at all. Then Ultimate came around and pushed that boundary, then Marie Rose's existence came along and broke it. By the time Marie Rose was announced, that statement was nullified. Therefore, it should have been assumed logically that if they're charging so much for outfits, they will definitely charge for a characters with outfits.

PS: They technically kept their word. DOA5 didn't have any DLC characters, paid or otherwise. They made no statement about DLC characters in 5U.

It's not true. TN said about (paid) DLC characters:
We don't feel that it's right for fighting games. We feel like this is a kind of sport, and you don't change the rules for sports. Everybody plays by the same rules. You don't have a 14-player soccer game versus an 11-player soccer game. That's just not fair.

So that statement was not only for DOA5 was for *fighting games* in general which includes 5U.

(Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/20/dead-or-alive-5-wont-feature-unfair-dlc-fighters)

Last edited:
That's not referring to prices. Once they introduced DLC characters period, they broke whatever they're talking about there, Tulkas. I know what you mean is that if she were free all players would have access to her, and that's partly true, but the statement was dumb to begin with. For example, not everyone had Alpha in vanilla due to how ridiculous it was to unlock her.

Like I said, after MR's announcement, charging for her should come as no surprise.

That's not referring to prices. Once they introduced DLC characters period, they broke whatever they're talking about there, Tulkas. I know what you mean is that if she were free all players would have access to her, and that's partly true, but the statement was dumb to begin with. For example, not everyone had Alpha in vanilla due to how ridiculous it was to unlock her.

Like I said, after MR's announcement, charging for her should come as no surprise.
My dear, of course it is referring to prices because they just follow that statement with:
It's a similar thing to if certain people have all these characters and others don't. It makes it an unfair game, and we don't think that's the right way to go for fighting games.

We have no plans *to sell* characters as downloadable content.

Edit: Anyway, it seems we have to wait untill 25th March and see.

I wonder if TN is going to combine Kasumi, Ayane, Alpha & Momiji's movesets into one for Phase 4? If they decided to do that then that would be weird and stupid lol.

Last edited:
It's not true. TN said about (paid) DLC characters:

So that statement was not only for DOA5 was for *fighting games* in general which includes 5U.

(Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/20/dead-or-alive-5-wont-feature-unfair-dlc-fighters)

To be honest, I don't even see a promise at all.
I see people stating how they feel regarding a subject and what they were planning to do. It's not even about downloadable DLCs, it's about on-disc DLCs.

All they said is that they had no plans of doing it...

Regardless, sometimes (or most of the time) it's not even up to them when this kind of change happens.

Isn't the Lorelei stage kinda.... over-hyped though? I mean... whats so different from the haunted one besides the decorations? <_<

Speaking of which, I wish I had decent internet at work to at least play Dimensions qq.

I have one really stupid question. If Marie Rose had been free and the Lorelei stage had been $5.99, would you guys have complained as much?

The reason I'm taking this in stride is simple. Most companies have gone to paid DLC and not just Capcom. I hate to pick on Tekken for anything other than that the characters look like they'd fail a drug test, but TR has an expansive list of paid DLC. It looks like all the other companies are completely doing it, so it stands to reason that TK would also.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD