DOA6 Momiji & Version 1.11 Patch Notes

DOA players have requested Momiji long before Dead or Alive 6 was announced, and now their demands have finally been answered by Team NINJA as she has officially joined the growing roster of fighters. Momiji, Morphing Ninja Costumes, Version 1.11 & Patch Notes released today for all available platforms. Alongside Momiji and her premium costumes (that are much better looking & more plentiful than Mai and Kula's selections) there are new ninja costume packs that morph between a default color and gold when you taunt or break blow.

z_5d7c352886102.jpg

Momiji's beautiful animations, new moves, string options and break blow look nice and while there isn't much news outside of her short trailer, there is notice of a Ninja Gaiden 15th anniversary that could be an ongoing promotion to honor the series reboot that started in 2004 on the original XBOX by Tomonobu Itagaki and his team. The morphing ninja costume packs are also fitting to be a part of the NG anniversary, and these are without question the best looking and most creative costumes DOA6 has seen yet. Could this anniversary be a tease at the possibility of NINJA GAIDEN 4 ? Or perhaps the return of Rachel?
Unfortunately, even the smallest of roses has its thorns and Momiji is the first character in the game to not have any story mode chapters, so hopefully you enjoyed her few lines in the trailer about her being a shrine maiden. If you are interested in her background, check out NINJA GAIDEN: Dragon Sword on the Nintendo DS as it best showcases her character. You can also see by viewing her biography at the official website that she's a part of the tournament, and that she is seen as a big sister to many of the children in her village.

ss-momiji003.jpg

Like Mai before her, we see a lot of improvements made to Momiji from DOA5 to DOA6 operating on a new system combined with almost 20 new options to her move-list. Check out the newly opened 'Momiji Forum' here at Free Step Dodge to contribute & share your discoveries for this returning shrine maiden. There is already a gameplay discussion going on right now that involves community members dissecting the changes to her character design and move-list!

The patch notes are not as long as expected for some players, but at least we see some additional quality adjustments to the game, along with some gameplay bug fixes. Thanks to 1.11 we can now add BGM to individual stages, and each character in the game has at least two entry & victory poses. Hopefully everyone is having a great time with the latest update and fighters find tons of tech for our returning ninja!

Last edited:
Is her ponytail 2D? I think my eyes are deceiving me.

Her new moves look good. But no new stage. It was the perfect moment to announce Kyoto in Bloom. Each DLC character should come with a new stage at this point. We're lacking them.

It's an meh/okay announcement, nothing exciting about it. A character we were supposed to have at first (that we have to pay for again) and old costumes with a twist.

Is her ponytail 2D? I think my eyes are deceiving me.

Her new moves look good. But no new stage. It was the perfect moment to announce Kyoto in Bloom. Each DLC character should come with a new stage at this point. We're lacking them.

It's an meh/okay announcement, nothing exciting about it. A character we were supposed to have at first (that we have to pay for again) and old costumes with a twist.
Yeah it looked 2D. Maybe the low video quality making it look worse... We'll see.

so im paying for the same ninja costumes from DOA5 again? nice one team ninja...very original.

I think a lot of people are happy to have Momiji back. I'm still holding off for Rachel and Leon. Just wish content came out faster.
I prefer it at a steady pace and bug free.
Her new moves look incredible and she animates so much better than before. Honestly I think I'm gonna have another identity crisis in doa6 when it comes to a main like I had in doa5. But momiji was genuinely my favorite character in doa5 even though I was more successful with pai. We'll have to wait and see :) . So excited!

I prefer it at a steady pace and bug free.
Her new moves look incredible and she animates so much better than before. Honestly I think I'm gonna have another identity crisis in doa6 when it comes to a main like I had in doa5. But momiji was genuinely my favorite character in doa5 even though I was more successful with pai. We'll have to wait and see :) . So excited!

There is no doubt that Momiji looks much more effective than before. I agree that her animations look better because with DOA6 IMO they finally had time to complete the character. I can't wait to see how she plays out next week.

Also her costumes are much better for a DLC introduction. I loved the original casual DOA5 outfit return as well.

There is no doubt that Momiji looks much more effective than before. I agree that her animations look better because with DOA6 IMO they finally had time to complete the character. I can't wait to see how she plays out next week.

Also her costumes are much better for a DLC introduction. I loved the original casual DOA5 outfit return as well.
You think she'll still be able to whiff punish from super far away like in DOA5? If so, I think I may have to pocket her as well. The more I look at the trailer, the better she seems. I dont think she'll have a 9 frame jab but I hope she'll be safe on most her strings.

Last edited:
You think she'll sill be able to whiff punish from super far away like in DOA5? If so, I think I may have to pocket her as well. The more I look at the trailer, the better she seems. I dont think she'll have a 9 frame jab but I hope she'll be safe on most her strings.
Iirc she's a 10 frames jab wise but her kit in DOA5 was good, she even has a 12i high tracking move xD they'll probably reduce her stun game tho but she shouldn't be much different

Iirc she's a 10 frames jab wise but her kit in DOA5 was good, she even has a 12i high tracking move xD they'll probably reduce her stun game tho but she shouldn't be much different
I had no idea she had a 12i move that tracks. I didnt play to many Momiji's online back then so I never knew her potential. I think Ill lab her in DOA5 for a few hours and pregame for her arrival. I wish there was more footage of her in tournaments

I thought it was 8 frames. It's been too long since I've played Momiji.
Oh no her H+K is 12i and tracks and her normal jab is 10i iirc, I have/had no talent for Momiji but I try to keep everyone's important frames memorized for situations that call for it xD
I had no idea she had a 12i move that tracks. I didnt play to many Momiji's online back then so I never knew her potential. I think Ill lab her in DOA5 for a few hours and pregame for her arrival. I wish there was more footage of her in tournaments
Yeah I definitely would, I've done that for the last week so I can get a feel of what to expect, she should still be safe but they'll probably nix some stuff here and there like they did Mai

Ever since her trailer got shown I keep watching and analysing it. She looks so much fun, but I doubt many people will use her because it doesn’t seem like she changed that much compared to her counterpart in 5. I truly am very excited for her. I can’t wait!
Joy.......not.
Why are you always so negative? You must be fun at parties.

Ever since her trailer got shown I keep watching and analysing it. She looks so much fun, but I doubt many people will use her because it doesn’t seem like she changed that much compared to her counterpart in 5. I truly am very excited for her. I can’t wait!

Why are you always so negative? You must be fun at parties.

I just dislike her. She's a boring character and she's not a legacy character on top of being yet another fucking ninja in the roster. Legacy characters should return before guest characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD