Mortal Kombat thread.

Ninoasker

You don't need to worry at all. It's 1080p resolution on base PS4 and it runs at constant 60fps during gameplay. Only intros, outros and fatalities run at 30fps. Technically the game is very polished, no comparison to the mess DOA6 is.
WIG! Thank god cause I don’t have a PS4 Pro and I was worrying I’d have to deal with framedrops. I don’t understand why intros, outros and fatalities are at 30 tho, are they prerendered?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
WIG! Thank god cause I don’t have a PS4 Pro and I was worrying I’d have to deal with framedrops. I don’t understand why intros, outros and fatalities are at 30 tho, are they prerendered?

No, they are all in-game and that is why they demand that framedrop. They get really close to the characters and show you the goriest detail. They are really pushing the limit of what current gen consoles can do.
I personally don't mind it at all. I also didn't mind the temporary 30fps framedrops in Injustice 2.

Ninoasker

No, they are all in-game and that is why they demand that framedrop. They get really close to the characters and show you the goriest detail. They are really pushing the limit of what current gen consoles can do.
I personally don't mind it at all. I also didn't mind the temporary 30fps framedrops in Injustice 2.
Oof I didn't have that in consideration lol. I'm guessing all the guts and shit loads when the Fatalities are active and that would literally kill the framerate since it's basically an entire model modeled from the outside and ALSO the inside... I don't mind that then tbh. It's much worse how DOA6 gets framedrops in the Break Blows which is nothing in comparison.

On another note, I found this image while looking at Twitter comments about the Switch version. The screencap'd user mentioned how the Switch version "looked uglier than the females" and someone else searched for his tweets related to MK11's women and replied to him with this photo LMAO
D4kLLafXoAAf3y8.jpg

the fact that he has a Honoka pfp makes this even funnier

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There are MK11 story mode spoilers in that little Baraka/Sindel dialogue... XD

Just finished it by the way, the story. It's pretty cool...the end was a bit meh though. I thought there was coming more. :/

Vigoorian King

SINDEL: "Earthrealmer! You will die."

ERRON: "Damn, Silver Fox! That voice is sexy!"

SINDEL: "Want me to scream for you?"
SINDEL: "Kneel before your Empress."

ERRON: "Believe me, sugar, that's tempting."

SINDEL: "I'll have you bound and tied."
SINDEL: "Kneel and lick my boots."

JOHNNY: "Mabye on our second date, sweetheart."

SINDEL "I. Said. Kneel."

SINDEL: "Have you ever been dominated?"

RAIDEN: "Are you offering, Sindel?"

SINDEL: "Submit. You may enjoy it."

tumblr_o1jdv5oHuB1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
WB and NetherRealm must be so mad at Shiver Entertainment, the developers of the Switch port. In the code of the Switch version all future DLC plans are laid bare. Characters, their gear even their dialogue.

That also means that all DLC characters are as good as finished already...but were of course held back as DLC.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
WB and NetherRealm must be so mad at Shiver Entertainment, the developers of the Switch port. In the code of the Switch version all future DLC plans are laid bare. Characters, their gear even their dialogue.

That also means that all DLC characters are as good as finished already...but were of course held back as DLC.
Oh well lma0

Cabecote

SINDEL: "Earthrealmer! You will die."
ERRON: "Damn, Silver Fox! That voice is sexy!"
SINDEL: "Want me to scream for you?"

SINDEL: "Kneel before your Empress."
ERRON: "Believe me, sugar, that's tempting."
SINDEL: "I'll have you bound and tied."

SINDEL: "Kneel and lick my boots."
JOHNNY: "Mabye on our second date, sweetheart."
SINDEL "I. Said. Kneel."

SINDEL: "Have you ever been dominated?"
RAIDEN: "Are you offering, Sindel?"
SINDEL: "Submit. You may enjoy it."

tumblr_o1jdv5oHuB1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
We stan a thirsty queen!

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I’m feeling the orgre vibes from Sheeva, Her face although not the prettiest fits her character. It could benefit from a more furrowed brow or defined cheek bones. Should she be dlc I see a potential makeover. Her armour looks great, a step up from the borat thong.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Since reviews are already dropping and the game officially releases tomorrow, I thought I share my thoughts on the game, which I have been playing since last Wednesday:

First of all, the extreme goriness is thankfully way less of a problem than I initially thought. It's so over the top and silly, not realistic at all, and you get used to it after a while. The fatal blows I actually even like, they are beautifully choreographed. The infamous fatalities also don't play that big of a role. In the story mode they are missing completely and you can avoid them entirely playing in other modes.

The presentation of this game is something else. It is so beautiful and polished to near perfection. You can clearly sense the effort and love the artists put into the character models, their animations, the stage backgrounds, their animations and lighting. MK11 is one of the most beautiful games of this generation, and that at 60fps and on the old Unreal Engine 3. Artistic as well as technical mastery come beautifully together here. Even if so late into this generation I'm very happy to be finally able to say this of a fighting game. :)

The game is very rich in content, especially if you are a single player like I am.
The story mode is imo really good, definitely for a fighting game story mode. It's very lengthy, it has a lot of action, drama, some comedic bits. It's a bit like a playable Marvel movie. It's often silly and a lot of stuff doesn't make any sense, but I didn't really mind, because it was entertaining. I found the ending a bit abrupt and unepic though. I prefered what NR did in Injustice 2.
The Krypt is a litte action adventure game in its own. You explore a mysterious island in 3rd person full of treasure chests, but also riddles and traps. It's quite fun and can entertain you for several hours. I still didn't finish it yet. You will also regularly come back here for valuable items that come in handy in other modes.
I love that you can, very similar to Injustice 2, create custom AI fighters that do most of the work for you in some of the single player modes. It is perfect in case it gets a little too tough for a noob like me or if I just want to watch a couple of AI fights and additionally get some easy rewards.

The only negative point, and it is unfortunately a big negative point: The game is very grindy, grindier even than Injustice 2. It'll take you a long time to get the skins and gear parts you want, and not only will the process take a long time, it will also be quite frustrating a lot of times.
If you want a specific skin or gear part you will either need a lot of luck or spend a lot of koins in the Krypt, because treasure chests are now randomized in there.
If you want a skin or gear part that is only obtainable in the Towers of Time, you will have to fight your way through lots of super unfair fights. Like being constantly set on fire, constantly being frozen or contantly poisoned. It isn't skill or endurance that will lead you to victory but owning and using a very specific item that will mitigate the unfairness. You of course often lack that specific item, which you will have to grind more for.
In injustice 2 at least the AI fighters were able to help you out in situations like this. Here even the AI gets mercilessly wrecked without that specific item.
I have a strong feeling this grindiness and unfairness is there to incentivize people to just spend real money on the costumes and gear parts they want. So far that option is locked though. Maybe it's available once the game officially releases tomorrow.

All in all I still enjoyed the game a lot, and I feel like it is definitely worth the full price. I can't remember when I felt similarly in regards to other fighting games... Probably only Injustice 2 and DOA5LR.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Since reviews are already dropping and the game officially releases tomorrow, I thought I share my thoughts on the game, which I have been playing since last Wednesday:

First of all, the extreme goriness is thankfully way less of a problem than I initially thought. It's so over the top and silly, not realistic at all, and you get used to it after a while. The fatal blows I actually even like, they are beautifully choreographed. The infamous fatalities also don't play that big of a role. In the story mode they are missing completely and you can avoid them entirely playing in other modes.

The presentation of this game is something else. It is so beautiful and polished to near perfection. You can clearly sense the effort and love the artists put into the character models, their animations, the stage backgrounds, their animations and lighting. MK11 is one of the most beautiful games of this generation, and that at 60fps and on the old Unreal Engine 3. Artistic as well as technical mastery come beautifully together here. Even if so late into this generation I'm very happy to be finally able to say this of a fighting game. :)

The game is very rich in content, especially if you are a single player like I am.
The story mode is imo really good, definitely for a fighting game story mode. It's very lengthy, it has a lot of action, drama, some comedic bits. It's a bit like a playable Marvel movie. It's often silly and a lot of stuff doesn't make any sense, but I didn't really mind, because it was entertaining. I found the ending a bit abrupt and unepic though. I prefered what NR did in Injustice 2.
The Krypt is a litte action adventure game in its own. You explore a mysterious island in 3rd person full of treasure chests, but also riddles and traps. It's quite fun and can entertain you for several hours. I still didn't finish it yet. You will also regularly come back here for valuable items that come in handy in other modes.
I love that you can, very similar to Injustice 2, create custom AI fighters that do most of the work for you in some of the single player modes. It is perfect in case it gets a little too tough for a noob like me or if I just want to watch a couple of AI fights and additionally get some easy rewards.

The only negative point, and it is unfortunately a big negative point: The game is very grindy, grindier even than Injustice 2. It'll take you a long time to get the skins and gear parts you want, and not only will the process take a long time, it will also be quite frustrating a lot of times.
If you want a specific skin or gear part you will either need a lot of luck or spend a lot of koins in the Krypt, because treasure chests are now randomized in there.
If you want a skin or gear part that is only obtainable in the Towers of Time, you will have to fight your way through lots of super unfair fights. Like being constantly set on fire, constantly being frozen or contantly poisoned. It isn't skill or endurance that will lead you to victory but owning and using a very specific item that will mitigate the unfairness. You of course often lack that specific item, which you will have to grind more for.
In injustice 2 at least the AI fighters were able to help you out in situations like this. Here even the AI gets mercilessly wrecked without that specific item.
I have a strong feeling this grindiness and unfairness is there to incentivize people to just spend real money on the costumes and gear parts they want. So far that option is locked though. Maybe it's available once the game officially releases tomorrow.

All in all I still enjoyed the game a lot, and I feel like it is definitely worth the full price. I can't remember when I felt similarly in regards to other fighting games... Probably only Injustice 2 and DOA5LR.
So glad I preordered. So excited for it to drop this night!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD