Mortal Kombat thread.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In the Kombat Kast they just promised to ASAP patch/tweak the progression problems early players, like myself, have had in Towers of Time and the Krypt. My only real complaint about the game. Let's hope it's an adequate fix. If it is this could be a really great game.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
In the Kombat Kast they just promised to ASAP patch/tweak the progression problems early players, like myself, have had in Towers of Time and the Krypt. My only real complaint about the game. Let's hope it's an adequate fix. If it is this could be a really great game.

thats good news but out of curiosity how is the progression right now?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
thats good news but out of curiosity how is the progression right now?
The towers are rough normally for mediocre/casual players but some of the floors on character specific towers (The ones you want to beat to get Skins and other fun stuff for your main) will once in a while spike up to basically impossible odds due to the assists that the opponent gets. The enemy themselves still plays pretty braindead, but things like unblockable constantly falling iceballs that freeze you on contact and cover basically the entire screen while you're already fighting Sub Zero. That kind of difficulty spike. Then you have the Krypt where there is no way to farm what you want, because every chest in it and all of it's rooms are RNG and the cost of opening some of the chests just doesn't play nice with the RNG sometimes. From what I'm hearing some people are opening really expensive golden chests and getting concept art instead of skins or gear and it's really ticking a lot of people's FUCK OFF box.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I tried not to post my opinion in this thread because out of respect. I didn't want to shit up y'alls thread with my disappointment but Jax's ending in this game is so fucking offensive to me. Again, I though the direction in MKX was ok but in 11 they went to far and I was just going to remain silent but his ending just bothered the hell out of me as a fan of the series from the beginning and as...nevermind.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Wow, what is wrong with it? Didn't get Jax's ending yet.

On the surface, it seems alright because Jax ultimately stops slavery of blacks from happening and Africa basically becomes prosperous like Wakanda and somehow, the world is a better place.

In practice it's an absolutely dumb ending because it not only throws in random politics in a game that otherwise never talked about it but how it's done makes it seem like Jax only really cared about his wife, daughter and the blacks and pins the entirety of the slave issue on the Americans and British despite Africans causing the slave trade themselves and sent slaves to anyone and everyone that asked.

TL;DR: It's trite garbage that has no idea or reason to exist past trying to make itself look good and stains Jax's character.

Took too long to realize to be considerate to others, my apologies.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Jesus christ if dudebros were already freaking out with the women’s designs in 11 wait till they get this ending that throws some politics on it lmao

I'm not really mad at the ending, despite the text seeming like I looked into it alot. But I do agree with @Goarmagon in that this was a really, really dumb ending that feels like it basically makes Jax less of a character as it doesn't tie into his character arc at all in MKXI and comes off very hamfisted and practically ignores real history on top of that.

There are plenty of people miffed at the ending, some who can't articulate it well, some, like me, who has issues that it's just a perfect ending despite the massive number of implications in a Time Travel story and some who hate how it makes Jax massively self-centered in only caring about what happens to him(as despite how much of an atrocity it is... it's still a massive change since, you know, quite a number of famous people in the States are black and they did revolutionized alot of stuff.)

I mean the writing team can't complain since they keep marketing Mortal Kombat based on the story and characters so...

Still need to stay consistent with the above...

Last edited:

zoo

So I won't be getting the game for a while given none of my mains returned and I usually wait for complete editions but here are some thoughts on the story
That was a whole movie goddamn. Regardless of how good the plot was it's hard not to appreciate the production value/budget that went into it.. like it's a fucking fighting game. It's honestly just cool to see how far we've come seeing as MK started as this gory arcade fighter. But anyway I actually think it's the best of the NRS trilogy. Great character moments, fun nostalgia, an appropriate character to finish the game (mkx you dumb bitch), and an ending that opens the door for future games. I typically hate those "nothing actually happens due to time travel" plot points but I think it leaves off with enough optimism. Only Kano, Hanzo, Sektor and Sonya die from what I remember. And holy fuck D'Vorah has one of the strongest body counts in the series, she has the honor of killing Mileena AND Scorpion.

Only gripes were not having real closure on other characters from X and a few other things. Like what happened to Sindel, Smoke, Reptile, Nightwolf, Stryker, Kenshi and the other kombat kids? Also Rain and Tanya had a whole arc in X too, wonder if some extended lore will clear all that up. Jade had a huge push here which is cool but it didn't make a lot of sense to me as to why she was a main revenant and not someone like Sindel, who is literally the reason they're all dead lol. I get that it'd be a lot to reintroduce literally everyone but with something like time travel you question why vital ppl like Quan Chi and Sindel didn't return. Also Erron Black's voice was way better in the last game that bothered me a bit.

Overall it was beautifully done and easily the best fighting game story mode I've witnessed. Made DOA6's look like fucking blue's clues

Marteze

i read the spoilers. the jax ending seems okay to me, i mean... it's coming off as subjective, how people may feel about it. i'm with it though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Regarding Cetrion and Geras in the story:

I was a bit annoyed that they were at the end of the story both killed off. Geras was thrown into the bottomless sea and Cetrion was absorbed by Kronika and Kronika was destroyed. I guess that means both won't ever return. Weird to create new characters to get rid of them already.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
more pressure for TN to release the deleted story mode
Lol not going to happen.

Even with the abysmal state of the towers and krypt at the moment (Which NRS have addressed directly and said they will be adjusting and fixing as fans demand) this DLC roster will keep MK11 going strong for a couple of years at least if they release them in reasonable time.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
ABE1445C-43AC-4A6F-B632-D1E1ECCBD84A.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
more pressure for TN to release the deleted story mode

To be perfectly honest, TN can keep those story bits they chose to not incorporate. What was in the story was so random and dumb, like it was written and directed by a 12 year old fanfiction writer, that I don't want to know what even they thought wasn't significant enough to stay in.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD