Mortal Kombat thread.

Vigoorian King

They had some amazing ideas and yet somehow we ended up with 6 costumes that all look almost the same... ugh, hopefully we'll get some of these as DLC.

T9G08a1.png

Leifang

Spoilers” I find it kinda strange how certain people are complaining about Sheeva looks. Let’s keep it real, she’s a monster she’s supposed to be ugly. The only difference now, she’s realistically ugly.
71CDED44-3B8D-480D-B74C-F495CEC39569.jpeg
Old Sheeva
B63E64ED-D36A-464C-AD97-DF29257A950B.jpeg
New Sheeva.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Leifang: I think some would consider this as a big, fat spoiler. :/ Better put this inside spoilers.

She's by the way not ugly at all. It's the extreme angle that looks a little rough here, also the poor image quality.

Edit:
I realized she was shown in the launch trailer.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

She looks nice, but I kinda miss her old “sharper” look?? Old Sheeva had more pronounced features (like those cheekbones omg) that made her look more threatening. Now her face is rounder so she doesn’t look that threatening imo, but still, it’s a nice model.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
She looks nice, but I kinda miss her old “sharper” look?? Old Sheeva had more pronounced features (like those cheekbones omg) that made her look more threatening. Now her face is rounder so she doesn’t look that threatening imo, but still, it’s a nice model.
She looks more traditionally powerful. Squared jaw, high strong cheekbones with full but still slightly sunken cheeks, commanding brow structure. Physically she has never been that stacked before too. Personally she isn't jacked enough for my preference but NRS probably didn't want to scare all the dudebros off with her.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You know how it is these days, unless they have big boobs and super model looks they're ugly.

In her old design she also was far away from looking like a super model. Not her face, not her body, nothing looked traditionally/classically beautiful. The only thing everyone was salivating over was her huge rack that was barely covered by Borat's mankini. I guess no one actually realized how ugly she was, because for that they would have to not stare only at her rack.

Ninoasker

In her old design she also was far away from looking like a super model. Not her face, not her body, nothing looked traditionally/classically beautiful. The only thing everyone was salivating over was her huge rack that was barely covered by Borat's mankini. I guess no one actually realized how ugly she was, because for that they would have to not stare only at her rack.
Funny because this sums up the entire MK subreddit now. Just checked out one thread talking about Sheeva and everyone was like "omg why is she so ugly??? wtf she was so pretty before what happened??? good thing she's covered up now!!! LOL blablablabla etc". So yeah... they probably never even bothered to look at her face at all LMAO

Leifang

@Leifang: I think some would consider this as a big, fat spoiler. :/ Better put this inside spoilers.

She's by the way not ugly at all. It's the extreme angle that looks a little rough here, also the poor image quality.

Edit:
I realized she was shown in the launch trailer.
I respect your opinion @Tyaren . Some people are complaining about Sheeva not being attractive enough. To be fair to the character. She was never a beautiful woman. So I don’t get it. For me she looks great.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
So apparently folks have determined the switch version and theres a DLC list circulating that I'm pretty damn excited about.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
https://twitter.com/noobde

From what I hear from Ed Boon, the reason for not seeing a Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks returning for another adventure or sequel is because they don't know where to begin to develop it since he kept getting asked about it. Apparently Ed Boon mentions in one of his panels via Twitch streaming with the latest talk about Shao Kahn recent reveal is that he wouldn't mind seeing another company handling it if people want it that bad. He was asked who'd he liked to see develop it and he says "I think it would be cool if Platinum Games and maybe Capcom if they want to, but I never gave them a call about it. It's really up to them (laughs)".

In serious portion, if Platinum Games (Bayonetta / Nier) team or Devil May Cry team from Capcom did the MK adventure game, I'd be pretty shocked. I think I remember they wanted to do a Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice that was cancelled during Midway's studio closing which was also suppose to be an action adventure beat-em-up game featuring Scorpion and Sub-Zero. I know Mortal Kombat is mostly geared for the fighting game genre, but I did enjoy Shaolin Monks for that action adventure beat-em-up back at the PS2.

Ninoasker

So apparently folks have determined the switch version and theres a DLC list circulating that I'm pretty damn excited about.
I only care about the MK characters tbh, the guests are weak afff. I’ll wait to see Ash tho, since he’s the only one that interests me a bit.
MK11 on Switch:

WwM66Rz.jpg

gtfvS5k.jpg

nBMgiNW.jpg

1512.gif
They really gonna sell a MK11 Low Graphics Settings edition for 60$ on the Switch huh
198226A6-78D2-481C-BE32-245420549ABA.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I only care about the MK characters tbh, the guests are weak afff. I’ll wait to see Ash tho, since he’s the only one that interests me a bit.

They really gonna sell a MK11 Low Graphics Settings edition for 60$ on the Switch huh
View attachment 28432

Nah, there's hardly any difference, says Boon and Switch owners in other forums:

PS4:

46728557705_8c03918f1f_o.png

Switch:

E7DrRrF.jpg

See? ;)

The PS4/Xbox One and PC versions are however one of the graphically most impressive games of this generation. The character models, their animations and the sheer detail of stages is very impressive:

47586842302_0c31c264d9_o.png

47586841792_bf6a63fdcd_o.png

47586841412_779dbb50ff_o.png

Ninoasker

Nah, there's hardly any difference, says Boon and Switch owners in other forums:

PS4:

46728557705_8c03918f1f_o.png

Switch:

E7DrRrF.jpg

See? ;)

The PS4/Xbox One and PC versions are however one of the graphically most impressive games of this generation. The character models, their animations and the sheer detail of stages is very impressive:

47586842302_0c31c264d9_o.png

47586841792_bf6a63fdcd_o.png

47586841412_779dbb50ff_o.png
IM SCREAMING THEY LOOK LIKE DIFFERENT GEN GAMES FKDKFKDKKD

Btw @Tyaren I know you have the game, can I ask how does it perform in PS4? It looks so gorgeous and HD I’m scared it’s gonna have some serious framedrops like DOA6

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Btw @Tyaren I know you have the game, can I ask how does it perform in PS4? It looks so gorgeous and HD I’m scared it’s gonna have some serious framedrops like DOA6

You don't need to worry at all. It's 1080p resolution on base PS4 and it runs at constant 60fps during gameplay. Only intros, outros and fatalities run at 30fps. Technically the game is very polished, no comparison to the mess DOA6 is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD