Mortal Kombat thread.

Ninoasker

Time to get dem heads before they patch it lol

EDIT: This bug apparently works for more things since I just opened some invisible chest called “Kronika’s something” (I don’t know how it’s written in the english version). Funny thing is that it was invisible and I opened it by luck cause my character stopped there automatically?????

Last edited:

Derock

I have a couple of concerns regarding for the Krypt.

What is the purpose of Kenshi's blindfold? It said to locate hidden treasures but I do not see anything whenever I use the item. And where on earth can I find something that can destroy those green souls containers (sounds like I'm looking for an item that relates to Ermac). Then those little chests that are in front of the characters' faces on the wall (that is where the original MK roster statues stage is), how do you open those?

Jadeinchains

I have a couple of concerns regarding for the Krypt.

What is the purpose of Kenshi's blindfold? It said to locate hidden treasures but I do not see anything whenever I use the item. And where on earth can I find something that can destroy those green souls containers (sounds like I'm looking for an item that relates to Ermac). Then those little chests that are in front of the characters' faces on the wall (that is where the original MK roster statues stage is), how do you open those?

Kenshi's blindfold can sometimes find hidden chests that only appear while using it but It's mostly for finding cracks in walls that only appear while using it that you can then smash with the hammer.

You'll need an item later on in the krypt that will allow you to get those glowing green soul containers but I'll just say that.

As for the chests in front of the character's faces on the walls on the previous page of this thread @Tyaren made a post ( I think including a video? ) explaining a bug that will allow you to get them all really easily.

Ninoasker

there’s lots of drama on the internet regarding a possible ban/profile reset for people who have used the head bugs oof

even one of the employees seem to have used the bug (imagine making the game so grindy even your employees abuse a bug to avoid having to farm something as extreme as 50 fatalities PER CHARACTER in tower modes) but his tweet was deleted shortly probably because of WB or NR, so they clearly know about it

bitch i’m scared af lmaoo

Jadeinchains

there’s lots of drama on the internet regarding a possible ban/profile reset for people who have used the head bugs oof

even one of the employees seem to have used the bug (imagine making the game so grindy even your employees abuse a bug to avoid having to farm something as extreme as 50 fatalities PER CHARACTER in tower modes) but his tweet was deleted shortly probably because of WB or NR, so they clearly know about it

I'd heard about that, They better not considering it doesn't give anyone any advantage over another player online or anything other than just lots of people have managed to avoid the farming for 50 fatalities on every character thing. Plus considering how many people I imagine have done it by now that would be so many people to ban/profile reset.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Well then... I guess many people are about to get fucked real hard. I think a ban/profile reset would be a bit too extreme, People wouldn’t have used this bug if they didn’t made the game so Grindy. It’s honestly not even fun anymore, I’m all for a good grind but MK11 takes it to a whole another level.

Ninoasker

Well then... I guess many people are about to get fucked real hard. I think a ban/profile reset would be a bit too extreme, People wouldn’t have used this bug if they didn’t made the game so Grindy. It’s honestly not even fun anymore, I’m all for a good grind but MK11 takes it to a whole another level.
Tbh I think grind is now fair for the most part, but the head one is just TOO MUCH. 50 fatalities per character and only available at towers? Girl bye. I barely play towers (in fact I just touch the daily time towers whenever there’s stuff for my characters), it would take me years to open Shang Tsung’s throne room. Let’s hope they don’t fuck this up, just patch it if it’s that serious so more players won’t do it and move on.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They would have to ban tens of thousands of people. XD The bug was shared on all major forums and sites and there are Youtube videos with 50k+ views and hundreds of comments of people confirming they did the bug too. Banning a good chunk of your player base will hurt NR/WB the most.
They should just acknowledge they messed up themselves, patch the bug out, but leave the people alone who made use of the bug. They wouldn't have used it if the grinding in this game wasn't so egregious. It's really burning me out to be honest.
If you think you can easily grind koins (which is indeed fairly easy now) and get all the skins and gear you want from the krypt you are sorely mistaken. I just can't find any of the skins that I really want in the krypt. There is no trace of any of the original color variation skins that are supposed to be found there, and I've unlocked all areas, unlocked all chests, opened nearly all Shao Kahn chests (though I already know what is in which chest since they are not random) and opened nearly all soul chests.
The only explanation must be that they put a good chunk of the best skins in the shrine slot machine. One try to win a skin costs you 100k though. :/
There were already many people complaining they put millions of koins in there and also didn't get any of the skins or gear that they wanted.
I've basically given up on finding Kitana's story and trailer costume and her maskless face at this point. Crazy they promoted the game with this and you are not able to obtain it in the game, even after 100%ing the krypt.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If only the Premium Shop was a real option. I earned over 3000 time crystals. I'd like to spend them on skins that I just can't find, but the Premium Shop is so understocked and only updates every 24 hours.
I can't check every 24 hours if the measly 3 skins they offer (out of how many hundreds of skins total?) are the ones I was looking for. @___@

Edit:
Just looked it up. There are 1500 skins in the game...and they only offer three out of those every day.

UpSideDownGRUNT

They should just let us unlock The Krypt and ??? Skins/gear with Koins/Time Krystal's so we can get what we actually want.

Towers if Time stuff should stay Towers of Time though imo. 100k coins to buy the skin you want is better than 100k joins to give to the shrine to maybe get a skin for your character(s)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Unlocking every skin is gonna take a very long time. I really want the grindfest to be less. I just want my Geras and Cetrion skins

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They patched the head bug on PS4. It's not possible anymore. They didn't reroll anything and there are no bans (yet)! ;)

What they didn't patch out yet is the Shinnok amulet bug. If you use this bug you don't need to collect 10k souls to get an item to create the amulet and another 1k souls to craft it:

Better be quick! It saves you a lot of grinding.

You missed out Jade. A while back they had the ponytail skarlet in orange on the storefront for like 100 time crystals.

It's so annoying to check the store every 24 hours just to find out they are selling three ugly color variations of costumes and characters I don't care for.

Has anybody been able to find "Edenian Blue" for Kitana (it's the story and trailer costume) in the krypt? I need that costume...

Jadeinchains

Oh thanks that shinnok amulet thing was the last thing I had to get for that puzzle but I was gonna take ages to get 10k souls so that saved me some time grinding.

Just did it there and now that puzzle is complete. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh thanks that shinnok amulet thing was the last thing I had to get for that puzzle but I was gonna take ages to get 10k souls so that saved me some time grinding.

Yeah, souls are so hard to come by and the soul chests all have pretty good loot, often skins and gear. To pay 10k souls for one crafting item is such a waste when you instead can open 100 soul chests with skins and gear in them. That bug is very welcome and I don't regret exploiting it. :)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Idk if it’s a coincidence or not but every time when I open a krypt box thats over the 10K I get a skin.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Idk if it’s a coincidence or not but every time when I open a krypt box thats over the 10K I get a skin.

It's not a coincidence. Skins are only in the 10k+ chests, but not in every one of those chests. That's how I unlocked them. First all the expensive ones with skins and gear parts and later the cheaper ones where all the artwork and augments are in.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD