Mortal Kombat thread.

Derock

NRS is treating fans poorly these days anyway. Even the writer of Sindel’s retcon blatantly lied to a fan’s face. Saying they would explain why Sindel was completely rewritten, but they never gave an explanation. In the Kombat Kast they said that Sindel is a villain because she looks like one. Like.... that still pisses me off lowkey, especially since Sindel was supposed to be evil because of brainwashing and not because she was a villain from the start.

I think besides graphics MK11 is lacking. The story was good but also confusing, because in my opinion they didn’t follow up with Evil Empress Kitana and Evil Raiden, but started a time travel story out of nowhere that ends even more confusing.

I do agree with Sindel's retcon. That was extremely WTF?! on the writing department. It was worse than Jax's "WOKE" ending. Not only that, her dialogue is all over the place (can't tell if she's pure evil with sass or pissed off that Liu Kang will never EVER let her near the grandkids LOL!) Hell, her treatment with Kitana (and Jerrod) is worse, just because she viewed them "to not show any backbone or loyalty to Shao Kahn, the one who forced her to married him when he conquered Edenia?!" Her own family?! So damn selfish because the writers wanted her to think she gotten "good d***" from Shao Kahn I presumed.

I do agree the MK Storyline is confusing and a bit inconsistent at 11 (such as the sudden pairing of Jade and Kotal) but I enjoyed it better than 9 and 10. They definitely gave Liu justice for the BS after MK4. Despite how Shao Kahn was handled, Kitana getting the upper hand and killing him also brought closure to her arc because after all of the lies and BS he did to her (not her real father, but actual step-father, killing her real father, forcing her mother to commit suicide before the BS reasons from 9, conquered her realm, Mileena's existence via cloning with Tarkartan blood not actual real sister/sibling...). The only stuff I was pissed off was D'Vorah was everywhere in killing spree mode (she already killed off Mileena in 10 but then she killed off present time-restored Hanzo/Scorpion!)

Last edited:

Leifang

I can’t wait for January 28. Kitana looks purrfect in Catwoman skin.
4813D794-F270-465E-AA6B-CC2B09A1B02B.jpeg
F8D6E261-D1FB-48F7-A465-25BC6C1C2505.jpeg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Man... joker is so boring. You know you do something wrong when there’s more hype about a costume than a guest character.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I know, everyone hated handsome, young joker when they revealed him first...

v5j4df8x52b41.jpg

...but I'd rather have him than the regular, old, ugly joker we get now if I'm honest... >__>
Same here, I actually liked the young joker because he looked pretty and also interesting. I hope young joker is a skin though. His trailer didn’t excite me like Sindel and Nightwolf’s did

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They apparently got entirely rid of handsome young Joker. D: Not even one skin left of him.

Every single DLC character they know to ruin for me in some way, lol.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They apparently got entirely rid of handsome young Joker. D: Not even one skin left of him.

Every single DLC character they know to ruin for me in some way, lol.
People in the MK were bitching that the Joker didn’t look like Joker because he was gorgeous..... like why does he gotta be so ugly.

Jadeinchains

may sound ridiculous but Mileena not being in MK11 is the sole reason I never bought the game lol

i can kinda relate. I remember being really peeved over Jade being excluded from MKX. ( Still got it though ) So I could see why you might feel some kinda way with MK11 not including Mileena lol. I wish she was in the game too. I'm glad Jade returned though. I was gonna get it regardless but Jade returning guaranteed that. :)

Reactions: zoo
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD