Mortal Kombat thread.

Jadeinchains

Some matches literally are impossible to win. Not even the AI, which was able to beat any match in Injustice 2, is able to beat the unfair Towers of Time in MK11 at this point.

Yeah I'd say they need to patch that to make it easier/more fair because that doesn't even look challenging it just looks annoying and like the only way you could win is through sheer luck and randomness.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Controversy? XD I don't want to even ask, but I assume it is because she is fully clothed in her default costume?
Do the people who are offended by that costume know she also has alternate versions like these?

40673052663_a890173f80_o.png

40673052093_f740107bca_o.png

You can take that mask off as well.

I'm just going to say the REASON why people didn't like Skarlet's new look rather than what you guys keep saying it is:
People don't like Skarlet's new look because it clashes horribly with her lore. She is literally gallons of blood made into a living person and to stay alive, she needs to get alot of blood daily, this is even taken into account in her fatalities in MK9.

It makes no sense why she would wear a bodysuit that would hamper her ability to gather up blood... and nobody should be using "Well they can just change the lore how they wish" because no competent story writer should ever think on those words especially if they want to talk how good their story, characters and lore is if people see it consistently get broken at the whims of the creators.

Jadeinchains

I like Skarlet's MK11 outfits ( most of all that bottom outfit in red with the ponytail )
40673052093_f740107bca_o.png
But I will still always stand by that I liked her MK9 outfit. I thought she looked awesome in it.
Also I would 100% be here for this outfit becoming available to everyone because it's amazing -
t7u1vf55luf21.jpg
Wig flew to Russia.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm just going to say the REASON why people didn't like Skarlet's new look rather than what you guys keep saying it is:
People don't like Skarlet's new look because it clashes horribly with her lore. She is literally gallons of blood made into a living person and to stay alive, she needs to get alot of blood daily, this is even taken into account in her fatalities in MK9.

It makes no sense why she would wear a bodysuit that would hamper her ability to gather up blood... and nobody should be using "Well they can just change the lore how they wish" because no competent story writer should ever think on those words especially if they want to talk how good their story, characters and lore is if people see it consistently get broken at the whims of the creators.

Right, it's about lore consistency...

Reminds me of this lady...

mgs5-quiet-01_6x9.jpg

...needing to be half naked to even breath.

They are already working on a fix for the Towers Of Time’s difficulty!

I'm slightly wary of him only addressing the Towers of Time here. Before he also mentioned the Krypt.

The Krypt, which basically is a giant lootboox needs changes too.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Right, it's about lore consistency...

Reminds me of this lady...

mgs5-quiet-01_6x9.jpg

...needing to be half naked to even breath.
Which Quiet was actually really inconsistent with previous lore, The End who could also metamorphosise wore a full gilly suit that he used to blend in and didn't need to show skin at all.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
It’s time but sadly it’s midnight long shift lol

Attachments

• FF90A89C-F9D4-4BA0-A307-554D021E6194.jpeg
    FF90A89C-F9D4-4BA0-A307-554D021E6194.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 78

Radiance

But that story mode ending though... what do you guys think will happen in the next MK with Liu being a god, and pretty much the new Chronos while Raiden being a mortal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubedood

But that story mode ending though... what do you guys think will happen in the next MK with Liu being a god, and pretty much the new Chronos while Raiden being a mortal?

Dude, fucking spoilers, man!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brute

Standard Donor
Added spoiler tags, even though NRS basically spoiled their entire game's story in the launch trailer, anyway.

just_me

Standard Donor
Lol, why are they selling Frost as DLC on Steam even though she can be unlocked in the game?

That's hilarious. I think they managed to squeeze every Anti-Consumer practice known to man into this single game.
You even have to be online to unlock stuff in single player modes from what I've heard.

The first time I'm genuinely impressed by the game.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Lol, why are they selling Frost as DLC on Steam even though she can be unlocked in the game?

That's hilarious. I think they managed to squeeze every Anti-Consumer practice known to man into this single game.
You even have to be online to unlock stuff in single player modes from what I've heard.

The first time I'm genuinely impressed by the game.
They put a pricetag on Frost because if you play the story mode offline you will not unlock her. The only option after that is.......

just_me

Standard Donor
They put a pricetag on Frost because if you play the story mode offline you will not unlock her. The only option after that is.......

Oh lol… even the char unlocks require online? I guess that means that you won't even have access to her and possibly Kombat Pass chars if you are not connected to the internet?

But even then… they could have made if free DLC for those that missed the unlock (through no fault of their own) or at least sell her for a low price and not at the regular $5.99 price tag.

What a mess XD

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Theres also skins that have ??? On them like one of Skarlet's best ones. Are they Story unlocks?
Most likely. You do unlock costumes and gear and koins during the Story. It's worth at least one playthrough. Just go in expecting zaney time travel shenanigans that make no sense sometimes and lower your expectations to DOA6 Story levels and you'll have a great time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD