Mortal Kombat thread.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Really? I actually found it quite easy to follow along with the logic of the time stuff. And found the story to be well above doa6's story level.
It is I agree. I feel like it's on par with MK9. But a lot of people hate the story in MK11 so I was just trying to adjust expectations accordingly.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
dog_kek.jpg
ready to launch in approximately....oh. Well now hm. (KEK)
D42s9X8UUAAwHa_.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Theres also skins that have ??? On them like one of Skarlet's best ones. Are they Story unlocks?

Most likely. You do unlock costumes and gear and koins during the Story. It's worth at least one playthrough. Just go in expecting zaney time travel shenanigans that make no sense sometimes and lower your expectations to DOA6 Story levels and you'll have a great time.

I beat the story and there are still ??? costumes not unlocked. I thought, well, maybe you get those when you play as other characters in certain situations (like Injustice 2 you can sometimes choose between 2 characters), but nope, you get only rewarded the first time you play through the story.

I now wonder if those ??? costumes are unobtainable forever for me, unless I pay 500 Time Crystals (5€/$) in the store, or if they are indeed obtainable elsewhere.

The game however also said this costume was an AI Battle unlock (I know that because I checked before. I wanted that costume so bad from the beginning, lol), but I got it while playing story mode instead:

46721422975_507a6638af_o.png

So there seem to be different ways to obtain a costume.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

ight, it's about lore consistency...

Reminds me of this lady...

mgs5-quiet-01_6x9.jpg

...needing to be half naked to even breath.

Yes, it's a thing. It's like complaining how can dogs talk in a fantastical world? It must make sense to me and have a good reason, which peters pretty hard when you then completely ignore what you just put in.

Which Quiet was actually really inconsistent with previous lore, The End who could also metamorphosise wore a full gilly suit that he used to blend in and didn't need to show skin at all.

Actually she wasn't inconsistent. The main reason she needed to do that was because her lungs got burnt to shit after Ishmael basically put her on fire(she was the soldier who attacked you first in the beginning). The End still had working lungs so he didn't need to go that far but would have as well if he had the same issues.

Strangerinmytub

Does anyone have MK11 on PC? I just got it and it is honestly running like shit, even when I lower the graphics. It is seriously awful, is this a general PC issue or is there some sort of fix that I need to wait for?

Brute

Standard Donor
Does anyone have MK11 on PC? I just got it and it is honestly running like shit, even when I lower the graphics. It is seriously awful, is this a general PC issue or is there some sort of fix that I need to wait for?
I don't have MK11 on PC, but MK9 was one of the worst-performing PC ports I've ever played (and that list includes DOA5 and the original DMC3).

Ninoasker

Anyone else having troubles with the Krypt? I get booted out of it like after 2 minutes with a popup saying it couldn’t connect to the servers lol. It’s a miracle if I can play more than 10 min. And it’s not my connection since if it was my PS4 would be fully offline, and is not the case as I could get into the Store perfectly.

Strangerinmytub

I don't have MK11 on PC, but MK9 was one of the worst-performing PC ports I've ever played (and that list includes DOA5 and the original DMC3).

Welp guess I'll just refund it for now and see if things get fixed later on. A lot of people are having issues but some are also saying they don't have any issues. Either way, for me the game runs like garbage for me, and the auto-optimization is a joke.

Ninoasker

Just finished the story mode and (spoilers cuz I may say some things that can spoil the story mode)

damn, I enjoyed it A LOT! The cinematics were on point, the story was pretty good (loved the whole “mixing timelines” thing, I’m such a nostalfag lmao), I unlocked some outfits along the way... in conclusion, I did not waste my time at all unlike with other FG’s stories. Some things however made it look like I was watching some Dragon Ball-esque shit tho LMAO, but not that I complain since I love DB. We’ll see what happens now after that ending, but I’m calling it right now: this means MK12 will be a retcon again and we’ll get a new timeline. 11 was the end for this timeline, so we could say that the 2010s MK timeline is made of MK9, MK10 and MK11. I guess that means we won’t see Geras (boohoo, I loved him :() or Kronika (which I’m glad cause I didn’t like her anyways lol) in 12. Which makes me wonder why making them on the first time just for one game like someone in this thread already said lol.

Now to keep grinding and see what the future holds for us and MK11. So excited to see the DLC even if it was leaked. Hopefully they actually come up with something clever and add more characters apart from the leaked ones (Michael Myers and Kenshi pretty please thx).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just finished the story mode and (spoilers cuz I may say some things that can spoil the story mode)

I guess that means we won’t see Geras (boohoo, I loved him :() or Kronika (which I’m glad cause I didn’t like her anyways lol) in 12. Which makes me wonder why making them on the first time just for one game like someone in this thread already said lol.

Not to forget Cetrion is gone as well since she was fully absorbed by Kronika and Kronika ceased to exist. Of 4 new characters in MK11 Kollector is the only one remaining. That is kind of wasteful, lol.

Speaking of Cetrion, some of her skins...
This Cetrion skin, which we already saw as concept art, is so gorgeous:

46775225145_f21a6cfc4b_o.png

46775224925_eefd46bca3_o.png

46775225345_aa97c3e034_o.png

ayd105h1twp21.jpg

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Ed Boon: "People don't wear bikinis to battle."
Also Ed Boon: *Cetrion design*
I'm positive that they only created this controversy to virtue signal and piss certain people off. There was no other explanation to annoy some people who played your game for nearly 30 years.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD