Characters New Character Coming to Arcades

there isn't any hair clipping in the ending credits though, implying the model already had the hair trimmed to fit inside the hood, like ayane's.

i don't know much about modding, but i assume it would be more difficult to swap the head/hair of a hooded character like the cloaked girl, as the hood is permanently attached to the top of the head and moves with it, instead of being independent.

if the person really swapped the head/hair to avoid clipping, they didn't do a very good job of it, as there's still plenty of clipping with the lower half of the costume and her legs.
unfortunately clipping cannot be helped in some cases, you cant simply remove her legs..
The person who modded this obviously used Ayane's Head. If this is the new character it will look nothing like that, it already doesn't even look like that in the ending. the reason theres no clipping in the scene (assuming that it is Kasumi) is due to her lack of movement, not only that but it's a pre-rendered cutscene.

if the person was supposedly able to swap the heads though, surely they could've just removed some of the hair layers instead.

as with most characters in games that wear hats, all of the protruding parts are removed and the flat texture is kept underneath, with just the fringe showing for example.

we could always ask @hollow for confirmation, as they mentioned something about their friend having the same mod.

I agree, I don't think that hooded Ayane is the even the same model as the one in the ending. They prolly just data mined and found that model that TN decided not to use or something.

personally i don't think they actually invented the mod, it was more than likely borrowed off something, so i still don't know that much about it but i'd say its a head swap tbh.

The only character I kbow with a hood like that is Roland(Lauren)

Donovan took the body n turned her into his personal killing machine.
N now Leon wants to go ape shit on his ass.

Best story for DOA6 ... LOL

That would be a really outstanding twist! Makes Leon relevant again in the story.
And I would like that too happen, instead of another ninja character. :p

What if its Yaiba? You know, from the new Ninja Gaiden Z? He seems to brawl more than use ninjitsu. Plus, he seemed to been on par with Ryu in terms of skill, despite his feral and brash character.

I know I might get shut down for saying this but, I hope its Yaiba because he is everything that Ryu isn't. He's loud, rude, sadistic, and wrathful I.E. the perfect brawler.

The only character I kbow with a hood like that is Roland(Lauren)

Donovan took the body n turned her into his personal killing machine.
N now Leon wants to go ape shit on his ass.

Best story for DOA6 ... LOL
yeah man .. throw in some crazy Arabian fighting style ... oh man ...

Something exotic like Tekken's Zafina ..
Are you sure you're not in contact with Team Ninja, Emperor? It's sounds like a really good idea (or maybe not just an idea...)

Are you sure you're not in contact with Team Ninja, Emperor? It's sounds like a really good idea (or maybe not just an idea...)
I am ..as everyone else is .. on twitter ... but not to the point where they would tell me anything about the character as people may think ..

To be honest I'm as oblivious as the rest of you about this new entry ..

and if it were shapeshifting emo ninja kasumi clone I'll be as pissed off as everyone else .. Till I try her out I suppose ... lol

I am ..as everyone else is .. on twitter ... but not to the point where they would tell me anything about the character as people may think ..

To be honest I'm as oblivious as the rest of you about this new entry ..

and if it were shapeshifting emo ninja kasumi clone I'll be as pissed off as everyone else .. Till I try her out I suppose ... lol
For me everything is starting to make sense... Maybe DOA5 Ultimate was already planned before TN started making DOA5 story mode? Maybe Leon wasn't in 5 because they knew that his new story must begin after 5's story? Maybe it's really Lauren? I think it was like this (I already apologise for my English, but I hope you will understand this):
Donovan realised that some Alphas start to live their own live and they're no longer under his control. He dicided that if Kasumi will destroy laboratory with all Alphas, then she won't expect his new attack for a bit of time.
That's why Rig escaped and just let Kasumi kill Alpha and destroy the lab. In the time when ninjas were looking for Alpha, Lisa was working on a new project. Donovan found Lauren's body and Lisa brought her back to life. However, Victor started to control Lauren. Now, with Kasumi genes, she was his ideal soldier whose first mission was to kill all Donovan's enemies. She had no free will, but Donovan wasn't able to control her heart. She started looking for Leon. She didn't want to attack Bayman, she just wanted to ask for help. Unfortunately, because she was controled by Victor, she was forced to fight him. She was crying cause she couldn't find Leon and she couldn't do anything about this that she's controled.
Now let's talk about her appearance. Look:
Lauren.png

No doubt, the new character is Lauren.
And Emperor, stop doing this... you know, this... i do this often too and I know it's sometimes used to sound
sarcastically...

dude. they don't even have the same eye color or hair length. hell even their face is a different shape. quit guessing and just wait it out. who knows, it may be a new character all in all.

dude. they don't even have the same eye color or hair length. hell even their face is a different shape. quit guessing and just wait it out. who knows, it may be a new character all in all.
Same lips, same eyes shape, same nose. Her face have almost the same shape, even Christie's faces have more differences:
Christie.png

Christie's old face is from DOA4. Lauren's old face is from DOA2.

at least christie's eye color, lips, and hair are the same. those two other comparisons didn't have any similarities at all. to be honest i'm just tired of people making up reason why they think a character is who they want them to be. there was another debate that was huge when Soul Calibur came out about the character Viola being Amy. people argued and argued and the fact was that neither side could win because the devs didn't say whether the characters were the same or not. so it just got drawn out to a never ending cycle of "why i'm right and you're wrong" debate.

i understand making guesses and whatnot but putting two pics together and making the statement, "No doubt, the new character is Lauren." only shows ignorance (no offense) because there is nothing but doubt. say what your expectations are but don't go around saying your word is fact or anything cause its not. everyone has to wait until that character was revealed. if it IS Lauren then good for you. your suspicion was correct. but it wasn't because you knew, it was because that's what you hypothesized. i can drag this out forever and go through the same bs as the Soul Calibur website a couple years back but i'm hoping people here are more understanding.

at least christie's eye color, lips, and hair are the same. those two other comparisons didn't have any similarities at all. to be honest i'm just tired of people making up reason why they think a character is who they want them to be. there was another debate that was huge when Soul Calibur came out about the character Viola being Amy. people argued and argued and the fact was that neither side could win because the devs didn't say whether the characters were the same or not. so it just got drawn out to a never ending cycle of "why i'm right and you're wrong" debate.

i understand making guesses and whatnot but putting two pics together and making the statement, "No doubt, the new character is Lauren." only shows ignorance (no offense) because there is nothing but doubt. say what your expectations are but don't go around saying your word is fact or anything cause its not. everyone has to wait until that character was revealed. if it IS Lauren then good for you. your suspicion was correct. but it wasn't because you knew, it was because that's what you hypothesized. i can drag this out forever and go through the same bs as the Soul Calibur website a couple years back but i'm hoping people here are more understanding.
Who the hell told you that I want Lauren? I have never even thought about bringing her back to DOA until Emperor told about it. Character I really wanna see in DOA is Irene. But look, i'm not trying to convince people that the new character looks like she. Why? Because she doesn't. And Lauren does.
At second, are you trying to tell me I'm just guessing? No, Emperor was guessing (MAYBE), I have been thinking a lot about it. I rewatched DOA5 ending and DOA2 Leon scene with Lauren and I realised that she and a new character are very similar. I also realised that Team Ninja isn't that stupid to cut Leon from DOA5 with no reason. Fans wanted him. Every non-Virtua Fighter character appeared in story mode. There was just no place for him, but when Lauren will join DOA - then there will be something else for his story than only rivality with Bayman. Everything was probably planned.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD