Characters New Character Coming to Arcades

Case in point, nobody wants him in because they don't want to learn the match up. LBSH who here in this community actually breaks down MU's (NO ONE). #MarieRose<3

Case in point, nobody wants him in because they don't want to learn the match up. LBSH who here in this community actually breaks down MU's (NO ONE). #MarieRose<3
If he's like he was in DOA4, there's not much to learn. Everything is slow, most everything is unsafe, and pretty much nothing had and super-snazzy mix-ups to be concerned with. Completely opposite Marie Rose, who everyone does seem to want. As such, I find your theory unconvincing.

Oh, and I break down MUs. So does Hajin, and a few others I know.

If he's like he was in DOA4, there's not much to learn. Everything is slow, most everything is unsafe, and pretty much nothing had and super-snazzy mix-ups to be concerned with. Completely opposite Marie Rose, who everyone does seem to want. As such, I find your theory unconvincing.

Lol, I know some people do, but the majority of the community doesn't hence the hate for Tengu. :( I personally want him in, cause more unique characters need to be in DOA. No more Ninjas.... Personally Kasumi, Hayate, Ayane, and Hayabusa were all we needed...

I like the story of DoA and actually I believe that a such mode is important in every fighting game because able to give personality to the characters of the roster (ending so to be not a simple list of moveset and frame data).

By the way I can't see because all the characters present in the roster have to be necessarily tied to the story. You can have a plot involving the majority of the roster, and again bonus characters included because requested by the fans or iconic for the series.

Tekken Tag Torunament 1 and 2 are completely not canon from this point of view, not presenting a real story and with a roster involving also characters died or from different timelines. So what is the problem if a bunch of characters don't appear in the story?

PS: By the way all the DoA5U additions are already not involved in the plot (just with the cloaked girl like only exception).

Last edited:
I like the story of DoA and actually that a such mode is important in every fighting game because able to give personality to the characters of the roster (ending so to be not a simple list of moveset and frame data).

By the way I can't see because all the characters present in the roster have to be necessarily tied to the story. You can have a plot involving the majority of the roster, and again bonus characters included in the series because requested by the fans or iconic for the series.

Tekken Tag Torunament 1 and 2 is completely non canon from this point of view, not presenting a real story and with a roster involving also characters died or from different timelines. So what is the problem if a bunch of characters don't appear in the story?

PS: By the way all the DoA5U additions are already not involved in the plot (just with the cloaked girl like only exception).

Glad you point that out, a bonus character has completely nothing to do with the story, its simply a extra character for the versus mode to increase replay value.
And by that logic Tengu can and will be a potential character for DOA5U.

Yes, because move safety and mix-up potential are obviously necessary to create a formidable fighter. That's why Gen Fu's movelist is 300 and he's at +10 on block after every attack. LOL

Once more! Behold!

Scroll down and play this with your speakers on max and go back to the Tengu picture and stay glued there. Don't worry about your neighbors or your pet cat/dog, they will soon understand:

For best results from a local doctor: Turn off all your lights - Grab a pair of headphones - Play it - Profit. If you had a slight shiver down your spine it means that it worked.

WARNING: Your safety is not guaranteed when you are in the Home Stage area.

:tengu:

If he's like he was in DOA4, there's not much to learn. Everything is slow, most everything is unsafe, and pretty much nothing had and super-snazzy mix-ups to be concerned with.

Lol. How to defeat DOA4 Tengu:

Step 1. Hit buttons.
WINNER!

How to completely shut down DOA4 Tengu:

Step 1. Pick SPARTAN-458
Step 2. Pick Ninja Hideout
Step 3. Hit buttons
GREATEST!

Interesting. I never knew that Jintsuriki Remix was in 2U. That track is badass. It's on DOA4's soundtrack, but it will never actually play in-game for some reason.

i'm not sure why everyone is saying kasumi alpha...

i know it's difficult to tell who's under the hood in the ending credits due to all of the post-processing and the sepia effect they use, but kasumi and ayane have very similar faces.
upload_2014-2-19_2-6-20.png
upload_2014-2-19_2-11-38.png

My guess is that it's Kasumi's clone.. again.
It's not Ayane that's for sure. Her face is too soft to be Ayane, and Ayane has this long ass lock of purple hair on the left side of her face, which is missing from the supposed new character. Nor does Ayane carry a regular sword.
upload_2014-2-19_2-8-48.png
upload_2014-2-19_2-9-21.png

Also where is the headband if it was Ayane?
Edit: Wait nevermind, that big ass hood is in the way.

Last edited:
View attachment 4498 View attachment 4501
It's not Ayane that's for sure. Her face is too soft to be Ayane, and Ayane has this long ass lock of purple hair on the left side of her face, which is missing from the supposed new character. Nor does Ayane carry a regular sword.
View attachment 4499 View attachment 4500
Doing some comparison on my own, it's neither one of them.

View attachment 4498 View attachment 4501
View attachment 4499 View attachment 4500
didn't think i needed to add pictures because they're right there in the video, but here they are:

1.png

added some extra saturation for even more obviousness.

didn't think i needed to add pictures because they're right there in the video, but here they are:

View attachment 4508

added some extra saturation for even more obviousness.

Seems definitely Ayane or a mixture between Ayane and Kasumi. I don't think that the face under that cape will end to be simply the one of Kasumi, the hood IMO is there for a specifical reason, to keep the suspense behind something not so foregone.

She doesn't look like Ayane in the ending -.-

On DOAWorld @Kodachi made a valid objection, maybe the model used was the one of Ayane just for avoiding the clipping of Kasumi's hair with the cloak. This could be easily right, so until now I think that the only real picture that we have of her remain what we see in the ending of the DoA5 story.

Last edited:
On DOAWorld @Kodachi made a valid objection, maybe the model used an Ayane's model just for avoiding the clipping of Kasumi's hair with the cloak. This could be easily right, so until now I think that the only real picture that we have of her remain what we see in the ending of the DoA5 story.
That's another thing I wanted to point out. Ayane's hair isn't as long as that girl's in the hood.

On DOAWorld @Kodachi made a valid objection, maybe the model used was the one of Ayane just for avoiding the clipping of Kasumi's hair with the cloak. This could be easily right, so until now I think that the only real picture that we have of her remain what we see in the ending of the DoA5 story.
there isn't any hair clipping in the ending credits though, implying the model already had the hair trimmed to fit inside the hood, like ayane's.

i don't know much about modding, but i assume it would be more difficult to swap the head/hair of a hooded character like the cloaked girl, as the hood is permanently attached to the top of the head and moves with it, instead of being independent.

if the person really swapped the head/hair to avoid clipping, they didn't do a very good job of it, as there's still plenty of clipping with the lower half of the costume and her legs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD