News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

Xhominid The Demon Within

Naotora may play well mechanically.

I know how TN is with adding males but I wish we could've had Mitsunari instead. Though he uses weapons... But then again... Isn't it a fan he uses? :( :( :( :(

Nyo and Bankotsubo doesn't really use their fans as attacks really, so it's more there as decoration as Tengu identify with those leaf fans.
Either way, I'm guessing that truly is DOA's version of the Lucky Chloe phenomenon. And it's not Honoka or even a try hard weaboo that's causing fans to riot lol.

Akumasama

Of course it's a new female!
I don't have to remind the "I am a fighter!" meme that gave birth to DoA5, right? It crumbled down long ago, together with TecmoKoei's coherence.

Anyway, she looks like she could be an interesting character ;)

Brute

Standard Donor
krysten-ritter-eyeroll-seriouly.gif

I don't know how another female could destroy the "I'm a Fighter" phrase that they put up...and even then 15 males, 20 females...yeah that's so unfair unlike other fighting games where it's overwhelmingly female or male.

If you mean the costumes...probably, but considering those are DLC too, you can't really knock it down either.
Ultimately I feel as if people are acting way too ridiculously at times even when they make good points(I'm not exception to this either) but people seriously need to cool it at this rate...

We had a tourney in Dubai and even the tourney in Japan I think that even showed the Naotora trailer...yet everyone is complaining mainly ABOUT Naotora acting as if she killed DOA.
This is honestly the reason why I stated before in a status the community is doing a fine job killing the game itself. People focus so hard on the negative it's like "Ignore NEC, ignore all this stuff and everything good TN did and focus on the negative like it's all they do."

Disappointment is okay but damn, people seriously need to give themselves a minute before they kill the series themselves.

EDIT: Yes, I know people is going to point out that yes, they did add more fanservice elements to DOA5U and the costumes do matter to an extent but last time I checked, DOA5LR isn't going the insanely fanservicy route of Senran Kagura and it never really did. When it goes that route, that's when the slogan is truly dead. But I still see the same things I see in DOA5 that I see in LR and honestly, that's all that really should matter.

SilverForte

People are just disappointed that its obvious the only reason they added her is because she is female. As was posted earlier, there are several male characters from the SW series that rank higher that her in popularity, yet she got in over them. Why? Cause she's a girl.

But yeah, people shouldn't be surprised by this point.

Sammy-Fu

Skullgirls has an all female roster with no males, Arcana Hearts is exactly the same so at least there are playable males in DOA. Really, it could be a lot worse.

Don't see many fighting games with no females, just saying.

People are just disappointed that its obvious the only reason they added her is because she is female. As was posted earlier, there are several male characters from the SW series that rank higher that her in popularity, yet she got in over them. Why? Cause she's a girl.

But yeah, people shouldn't be surprised by this point.

I think people are overall being way too jaded and sadly, it's becoming way too toxic to really be anywhere near the DOA fandom at this point...

There is less people who wants to atleast wait until gameplay appears and more of "I'm tired of women here, too much female focus" when it's still only 15 to 20(which is basically 1.2 girls for every guy). Or believe that it's completely a TN issue when this was probably a Koei Tecmo mandate. You are right that people are jaded, but when people easily get this jaded and ignore the very tourney that this was in(and even ignore the Dubai tourney that @EMPEROR_COW recorded I think) to harp on this very issue and act like the game is dead to them(again, you don't need to like the character but everything else feels more like spite than simply not liking a character) is going way too far in the other direction.

And for your main point, there is 7 other guys that rank higher than her, but all of them uses weapons. Team Ninja would have to work on a whole new moveset for them without their weapons and unlike most other games, the characters in the Warriors series IS well tied to their weapons(I've seen fans of those games get pissed when they get new weapons, imagine if they have use their bare fists because it would translate well here?). So KT(or Omega Force) probably chose the cheaper and safer option with Naotora.

Argentus

Anybody cares about Samurai Warriors here? I didn't know this girl until now.

DOA is getting kinda stale, and I don't think they can fix it putting a random character from a series like SW.
I only know of SW as "that DW knockoff".

Lady Tengu

What do the fellows say right after her Teaser Trailer?

I know I'm probably part of the reason they always sell Girls and I'm proud whatever people say I mean I earn my money if I want to spend it on two dollar digital (Basically) hookers then so be it. I mean I love girls and boobs I mean who doesn't? If you don't then good on ya but....boobies.

SoftCabbage

Actually Gracia is the one that's total barefists. Her weapon is a bangle set which doesn't do shit other than accesories. If you wanna talk which warrior fits DOA well, it'd be Gracia due to her default moveset design consists of punch, kick, and kamehameha.

Naotora's weapon is more obvious than Gracia, which is bladed shoes. But Naotora has kick-only moveset here. She never use her fists. Probably this is why they pick her instead of Gracia or any other fellas. Maybe she will be a character with kick only?

I'm actually eager to see her moves in DOA.

Brute

Standard Donor
I think people are overall being way too jaded and sadly, it's becoming way too toxic to really be anywhere near the DOA fandom at this point...
It may help if you elaborate on what you mean by "toxic." It's clearly not as simple as disagreement, disappointment or annoyance in your eyes.

Sammy-Fu

I only know of SW as "that DW knockoff".

Hard to be a knock off when Koei and Omega Force made both of those.
What do the fellows say right after her Teaser Trailer?

I know I'm probably part of the reason they always sell Girls and I'm proud whatever people say I mean I earn my money if I want to spend it on two dollar digital (Basically) hookers then so be it. I mean I love girls and boobs I mean who doesn't? If you don't then good on ya but....boobies.

Hookers? Funny, i don't remember any of the DOA characters being sold as that (Unless you meant Xtreme in which case......) but really, it's only Christie who seems like the character to do that.

Who gives a crap what others think, though? It's your money so do whatever you want with it, you earned it, not them. I like my DOA girls with massive breasts and curvy figures......beautiful faces........ANYWAY, I like all that stuff but i like the fighting aspect too. I said it on here before but to truly get maximum enjoyment out of a game or franchise you should embrace everything that franchise offers you, good or bad. I enjoy all aspects of DOA5 which is why it's one of my favourite fighters ever and not so much the earlier entries.

I love Honoka and Helena and that will never change, their sexyness just drives me to want to be better with them so i'm happy going about with what i'm doing.

Also you accidentally double posted so it's best to get rid of one of them if you haven't by the time i hit reply, if you have then feel free to ignore this last part, lol.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Her personality is still trash. I've been watching SW4-II's Story Mode and oh.... my... god... if I'm honest, I just want to see how she fights, man.

Sammy-Fu

New year, new drama. #gofsd2016 #whothefuckisnaotora #idon'tlikekoei #wtfissamuraiwarriors

Chips, check. Beer, check.

Nobody likes Koei.

The same people who don't like Koei still buy the next Koei game, though. Not just on here but real life, too. Eeryone moans about them doing the same thing but people buy it anyway, lulz.

Argentus

Again overall the thing about this announcement is

Nobody has anything against Naotaro in particular, the problem is she's just more of the same in DOA, so general reaction is "meh nothing to see here", unless you happened to actually play her in SW.

She was just a very poor choice for a Warriors guest. Especially since there's literally tons of characters.

And why Samurai over Dynasty?

SoftCabbage

Her personality is still trash. I've been watching SW4-II's Story Mode and oh.... my... god... if I'm honest, I just want to see how she fights, man.

All SW & DW characters are retards and linear blockheads.

I used to be fine seeing them like that when I was teen. Now I'm annoyed at it.

But still, that's not the major part in DOA; I'm eager about her moves in DOA version too.

Koor

Can't say i hate the character specifically. But considering whats in the game already, i dont see how shes going to stand out at all except from the fact she comes from a different franchise. The VF guests felt like such a nice step in a new direction. I think the same couldve been done with TN moving into the Samurai universe. But Naotora just feels too familiar to the current roster.

But hey, maybe she'll have some godlike gameplay, who knows. Just something to help this character differentiate itself from the others.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Where the heck is everyone getting 20 females from? There's 16 DOA originals and 3 female guests including Naotora... That's 19 - 16 there is only 3 females more not 5

Argentus

I really loved DW 8 XL -_-

And again I also love One piece Pirate Warriors.

Hell they could have gone with so many DW warriors who'd translate into unarmed just fine

Or gone with Sanji or Robin from One Piece (I'm sure they'd pick nami for hotness but she can't fight for shit)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD