News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

Xhominid The Demon Within

It may help if you elaborate on what you mean by "toxic." It's clearly not as simple as disagreement, disappointment or annoyance in your eyes.

Oh right forgot.

By toxic, it's not a disagreement, disappoint or annoyance as it's more of straight up malice.
It's like how the NA Tekken community approached Lucky Chloe, instead of simply expressing that she's annoying, disappointing or disagreeing with her, it turned into fullblown hatred that pretty much makes the entire community seem like a joke, completely forgetting that they can just ignore the character or simply disapprove of the character and move on.

Here, you have people being so jaded they are basically saying Team Ninja is killing their own game, how they are done with DOA and other such things not just here but on Facebook too.

I would say it more like this: People seem to care way too much about DOA's presentation more than the gameplay and the game itself. You have people completely ready to throw the game out of the window simply because of DLC characters you honestly shouldn't really care or even buy if you don't like them. And you have those swearing off the game being complete fanservice despite not being on the same level as say Soul Calibur or Senran Kagura because "Another woman with big tits appeared, I'm done".

Honestly, I feel that for every step the community takes for itself, they immediately take 3-4 steps back because they become way too concerned over DLC and characters rather than the game itself(Have a great tournament of NEC and having a DOA tourney in Dubai, fuck all that, another big titted moe character came in, this game sucks and I'm done). And that obviously influences how people outside of the community sees us. That's what I mean by toxic, not the best picture and I know not everyone is acting that way, I'm just saying how I'm seeing the overall reaction.

Where the heck is everyone getting 20 females from? There's 16 DOA originals and 3 female guests including Naotora... That's 19 - 16 there is only 3 females more not 5

I didn't bother really counting the number of males to females in this game, I just still point it out because people love to blow things out of proportion anyway.

I really loved DW 8 XL -_-

And again I also love One piece Pirate Warriors.

Hell they could have gone with so many DW warriors who'd translate into unarmed just fine

Or gone with Sanji or Robin from One Piece (I'm sure they'd pick nami for hotness but she can't fight for shit)

This was most likely a KT decision and having One Piece characters here would make an even bigger outrage than Naotora.

Number 13

lol 4 pages in after other thread rip and still some fragments of that song and dance happening here.

Honestly KT/TN should have handled this reveal like what they did with Marie Rose/Phase 4: Out of nowhere with little to no hype buildup. Your just gonna disappoint/piss off the more optimistic people. Rip the band-aide off fast rather then slowly just so the hoopla is thrown out of people's system sooner rather then later.

Oh well at least we still got another stage to look forward too, but have a feeling it will have a similar reaction just to a smaller degree.

Argentus

Again overall the thing about this announcement is

Nobody has anything against Naotaro in particular, the problem is she's just more of the same in DOA, so general reaction is "meh nothing to see here", unless you happened to actually play her in SW.

She was just a very poor choice for a Warriors guest. Especially since there's literally tons of characters.

And why Samurai over Dynasty?
Can't say i hate the character specifically. But considering whats in the game already, i dont see how shes going to stand out at all except from the fact she comes from a different franchise. The VF guests felt like such a nice step in a new direction. I think the same couldve been done with TN moving into the Samurai universe. But Naotora just feels too familiar to the current roster.

But hey, maybe she'll have some godlike gameplay, who knows. Just something to help this character differentiate itself from the others.

Ayep lol

@Xhominid The Demon Within

Again though your acting more toxic than those who are disappointed by whatsername.

Literally everyone is just rolling their eyes because she doesn't add anything to DOA, meaning she's a waste of a guest and dlc character, while you've just been basically ranting and cussing that everyone should just shut up and like her just because.

As was just demonstrated, its just that she's entirely redundant and therefore unimpressive.

As for one piece, I dunno I mean one piece is fucking HUGE, rivalling if not beating out Dragonball. Just a problem of who'd make it in.

lol 4 pages in after other thread rip and still some fragments of that song and dance happening here.

Honestly KT/TN should have handled this reveal like what they did with Marie Rose/Phase 4: Out of nowhere with little to no hype buildup. Your just gonna disappoint/piss off the more optimistic people. Rip the band-aide off fast rather then slowly just so the hoopla is thrown out of people's system sooner rather then later.

Oh well at least we still got another stage to look forward too, but have a feeling it will have a similar reaction just to a smaller degree.
Agreed without hype we would've just gone yeah sure whatever. The problem was that they hyped her up by saying they're trying something completely new/different, only to announce a character who is exactly like the ones we already have

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Lucky Chloe's situation got so bad because the creator accused her haters of being xenophobic and suggesting a skin head instead. he then further threatened to not release her because of the backlash which then turned all of her supporters against the people who did not like her. he manipulated the fanbase into attacking itself.

As much as we've complained i thank god TN has never done that to us.

Sammy-Fu

Lucky Chloe's situation got so bad because the creator accused her haters of being xenophobic and suggesting a skin head instead. he then further threatened to not release her because of the backlash when which turned all of her supporters against the people who did not like her. he manipulated the fanbase into attacking itself.

They were though. I read a lot of the comments on her reveal trailer and it was literally straight up malice. "Fuck Tekken this" and "fuck this character i'm not playing this fucking shitty game again" that.

I'm on Harada's side on that one, it was so blown out of proportion that i felt really bad for him. He's got a good heart because i would have followed through with my threats, not only would i not let anybody have the character i wouldn't have replaced it either....but then i'm less tolerent towards assholes.

He literally only responded like that because people attacked him over it.

JetLag83

This is pretty damn sweeeet!!! Hope she has a move set like in the video TLEE posted. I'm excited to see her in action. Wonder if we will be getting any gameplay footage soon.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
They were though. I read a lot of the comments on her reveal trailer and it was literally straight up malice. "Fuck Tekken this" and "fuck this character i'm not playing this fucking shitty game again" that.

I'm on Harada's side on that one, it was so blown out of proportion that i felt really bad for him. He's got a good heart because i would have followed through with my threats, not only would i not let anybody have the character i wouldn't have replaced it either....but then i'm less tolerent towards assholes.

He literally only responded like that because people attacked him over it.

he's an adult and a creator, you do not threaten when somebody criticize your shit. that's something something a child does

Xhominid The Demon Within

ol 4 pages in after other thread rip and still some fragments of that song and dance happening here.

I honestly believe that should have been the solution rather than what they did. So many people was wrapped around a new character that they pretty much blinded themselves to the hype and got disappointed when we got a guest character(which is technically a new character).

Again though your acting more toxic than those who are disappointed by whatsername.

Literally everyone is just rolling their eyes because she doesn't add anything to DOA, meaning she's a waste of a guest and dlc character, while you've just been basically ranting and cussing that everyone should just shut up and like her just because.

As was just demonstrated, its just that she's entirely redundant and therefore unimpressive.

As for one piece, I dunno I mean one piece is fucking HUGE, rivalling if not beating out Dragonball. Just a problem of who'd make it in.

You are still only bringing up how I acted yesterday and I agree, I did act toxic myself but only to how I've seen the reactions myself and the negative consequences that can come out of it. I hoped with my ridiculousness that people can see how bad their reactions are having to the core of the game itself.

Naotora doesn't add anything to DOA because she isn't supposed to as she's a guest character(the only thing the VF characters added was more people interested in DOA PAST Jacky's moveset added in a personal animation for him to keep his combos from VF5)

And no, I never gave the impression that people should shut up and like her as you missed my point. I don't care if people hate her or despise her, but the anger should NEVER take over the game or the community itself. We literally had a Dubai tourney still ongoing yesterday and Japan had a tourney that announced her on the exact day...yet people lost their minds to Naotora to the point those tournies got neglected and you have people wanting to jump ship and completely ignore that the SW fans may be interested and pick up DOA5LR which means more support from the community because "I don't like thing"
That's what I was talking about.

Lucky Chloe's situation got so bad because the creator accused her haters of being xenophobic and suggesting a skin head instead. he then further threatened to not release her because of the backlash which then turned all of her supporters against the people who did not like her. he manipulated the fanbase into attacking itself.

That's not even remotely what happened Russian...
The second Lucky Chloe got revealed, there was so much hatred over her that when Harada joked about Lucky Chloe being removed for a bald strong white man, people APPROVED OF IT. It was that much ridiculous hatred over Lucky Chloe that Harada didn't enforce or made worse, the Western Tekken Community did that all on their own and made themselves look like absolute idiots in the process.
He didn't manipulate the fanbase(that doesn't even make sense as the hatred was the second she was announced, and his tweet was days after), the fanbase did all the work themselves.

Brute

Standard Donor
Xhominid knows that his actions yesterday weren't ideal. No need to throw that in his face over and over.

Regarding Harada, he acted like an entitled brat. That has nothing to do with the fanbase, since that's always how he acts. All the time. Even when he's happy and the fanbase is supporting him.

But enough about Tekken. I do believe this thread is about the new DOA character.

Sammy-Fu

he's an adult and a creator, you do not threaten when somebody criticize your shit. that's something something a child does

and it's not childish for a whole group of people to go ape shit over a character by boycotting your game and making xenophobic and nasty remarks? It takes two to tango, you know.

Have some empathy at least. It's not being critical when you threaten and harass but hey ho.

Number 13

I would rather take a creator that at least acnowledges their western base regularly [regardless of some of his comments being dumb debatably] then what we have currently where western input just mainly goes through one ear and out the other in comparison lol

Sammy-Fu

I would rather take a creator that at least acnowledges their western base regularly [regardless of some of his comments being dumb debatably] then what we have currently where western input just mainly goes through one ear and out the other in comparison lol

That's where you make a call.

I'm not not telling you what to do and i'm not being hostile so please don't take this the wrong way but.....if you would rather do that then you SHOULD consider a different fighting game at this point.

I'm generally okay with not having a voice and being ignored since i just ride on the waves of the products these Japanese companies go....basically whatever they decide to do, i follow. (Unless it's mobile games and other shitty stuff but that's a different story all together)

I'm pretty comfortable with Tecmo doing whatever they want but if i felt the way you did i wouldn't be following them for long, lol. Tecmo have given up on us and your comment shows people over here have given up on them. Vicious circle.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm generally okay with not having a voice and being ignored since i just ride on the waves of the products these Japanese companies go....basically whatever they decide to do, i follow. (Unless it's mobile games and other shitty stuff but that's a different story all together)
I think many would argue that a lot of what they're producing right now would fall into that latter category.

I'm pretty comfortable with Tecmo doing whatever they want but if i felt the way you did i wouldn't be following them for long, lol. Tecmo have given up on us and your comment shows people over here have given up on them. Vicious circle.
Apparently, Tecmo is not getting to do what they want. They are only allowed to do what Koei wants, and it's causing some stir among themselves. It's unsurprising that if they can't even agree with everything going on themselves that some of the fans wouldn't, either.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Here's a theory:

Koei AIN'T SLICK. They noticed that the SW series' sales are in the decline range of the cycle which means the games sales are low and it's getting little to no recognition in the market. They took a look at DOA5LR's high recognition and it's decent marketing structure, sales and profits. They then, in an attempt to bring the SW series back to where it was, they "force" Team Ninja to put one of their characters in DOA.

Bullshit is shitty to be frank

Last edited:

Sammy-Fu

I think many would argue that a lot of what they're producing right now would fall into that latter category.

Many may argue that but that's an opinion. One i accept and does not bother me but as long as i enjoy what they make, why should i care? As long as those people are not being assholes about it then i see no reason to care.

Apparently, Tecmo is not getting to do what they want. They are only allowed to do what Koei wants, and it's causing some stir among themselves. It's unsurprising that if they can't even agree with everything going on themselves that some of the fans wouldn't, either.

Well i don't know that for a fact because i don't work for Tecmo Koei and neither does anybody else here. "Rumours" and "heresay" and "apparently's" don't do much for me.

If they are not getting to do what they want then that's for them to sort out, that hardly has anything to do with the customers (except tehm potentially losing them). Capcom don't know what they want to do either and i just simply don't buy their games because of it. I still like them but it's up to them what they want to do in the end, even if i hate the decision to the core, i'm 21 not 15, i'm not going to battle and argue for them to change, i'll just find something else to play (right now that's DOA5).

Akumasama

Skullgirls has an all female roster with no males, Arcana Hearts is exactly the same so at least there are playable males in DOA. Really, it could be a lot worse.
It could be worse for sure, but I see two big differences with the games you said (there are many more).
They were born that way, on purpose. You could say all-female brawlers are almost a sub-genre, especially in japan.

DoA wasn't born that way, and this is the first difference.
Second is the paradoxical and ironic lack of coherence of Tecmo. DoA always suffered from the "meh, it's only good for tits" syndrome. TecmoKoei promised to finally change things with DoA5 and focus on the game, not on the fan service or the tits.
And to a degree they did deliver, I don't think the game has ever had such a deep gameplay as DoA5 and successive episodes.
But at the same time it slowly transformed into the MOST fan-service and naked-female-focused title of the series.
Which is even more ironic than it would've been otherwise, given the premises Tecmo gave us.

I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" approach in this; some people like it, some people don't.
But their lack of coherence without any given public explanation, well, I find it irritating to say the least.

Brute

Standard Donor
Many may argue that but that's an opinion. One i accept and does not bother me but as long as i enjoy what they make, why should i care? As long as those people are not being assholes about it then i see no reason to care.
Then no one should see a reason to care about your opinions, either. Hence, your advice is equal bit useless as superfluous.

Well i don't know that for a fact because i don't work for Tecmo Koei and neither does anybody else here. "Rumours" and "heresay" and "apparently's" don't do much for me.
psst: it's not a rumor.

If they are not getting to do what they want then that's for them to sort out, that hardly has anything to do with the customers (except tehm potentially losing them). Capcom don't know what they want to do either and i just simply don't buy their games because of it. I still like them but it's up to them what they want to do in the end, even if i hate the decision to the core, i'm 21 not 15, i'm not going to battle and argue for them to change, i'll just find something else to play (right now that's DOA5).
Stating that one would prefer to have a silly PR team work on the game one plays rather than a neglectful PR team is not the opinion of a "15 year-old," and does not in any way imply that said person is immature or should consider not continuing to play the respective game.

Akumasama

I don't know how another female could destroy the "I'm a Fighter" phrase that they put up...
It can't of course, TecmoKoei destroyed that themselves long time ago.
Another female character with a plethora of naked outfits is just the next step in a long series of actions that brought to this, certainly Naotora is not the culprit here, I was just using the obviously expected outcome (female character) to play some sarcasm about the sad truth, nothing more and nothing less.

yet everyone is complaining mainly ABOUT Naotora acting as if she killed DOA.
Can't talk about others of course but I can talk for myself and no, I absolutely wasn't hinting that.
I gave up the idea that Tecmo could change their approach and go back to the initial statements before the launch of DoA5 (which I liked so much).
I think this is the point for me and maybe for other people like me.
I liked those statements wholeheartedly, and they've been broken without advice or a "sorry!" from Tecmo.
I felt very disappointed, maybe even betrayed. So it's at least understandable I'm a bit "bitter" against Tecmo for stuff like this.

But as far as it concerns me, it ends there.
I will greet Naotora with open arms if she's a fun character to play. I can see some potential already, truth be said ;)

Sammy-Fu

It could be worse for sure, but I see two big differences with the games you said (there are many more)..
TecmoKoei promised to finally change things with DoA5 and focus on the game, not on the fan service or the tits.
And to a degree they did deliver

They did deliver....back when DOA5 was new and they were still trying to appeal to both the west and east. You don't think Rig and Mila were not designed to suit our tastes, do you? because they definitely tried to keep the western audience with them.

Then they decided simply to not give a fuck and do what they want, i'm not sure how that came about but (maybe sales in the west? maybe better sales in teh east? maybe they just wanted to appeal to their home turf, more?) apparently "they wanted to be true to themselves" as they said in an interview....i respect that a lot and so...i guess that's that. (that could simply be the reason right there.

I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" approach in this; some people like it, some people don't.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong". It's an opinion on your likes and dislikes, anybody who thinks there is a right or wrong to what you like seriouslyhas a long way to go in life. We call it "respect" something a lot of people lack these days,sadly.

Then no one should see a reason to care about your opinions, either. Hence, your advice is equal bit useless as superfluous.

And when did i say people should? people should respect each others opinions but that's as far as it should go. Respect goes a long way. You don't have to "care" but you should "respect".

I really don't need to teach this.

psst: it's not a rumor.

psst: got any evidence to back it up instead of whispers? Still not doing much for me, y'know.....i don't know if you know but that's your que.

Stating that one would prefer to have a silly PR team work on the game one plays rather than a neglectful PR team is not the opinion of a "15 year-old," and does not in any way imply that said person is immature or should consider not continuing to play the respective game.
Lot's of word twisting there.

You seem to lack the massive understanding of "respectful" and "flat out spite". I don't know how you keep ignoring that aspect of people's posts.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD