News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

Chapstick

I wonder if she's releasing simultaneously around the world since it's on a weird day. The 17th is a thursday. Phase 4 and Nyotengu didn't but Marie was released at the same time on the jp and us psn stores from what I remember. Forget what happened with the eu psn they're always a mess

xXSilverSearcherxX

I'm surprised they didn't make her defaults her Debut pack it probably would have made me spend money on the debut pack for her since that tiger outfit though...anyways any new info on her?

lotr9690

@Brute get on it your a mod you can edit stuff right? lol
Whoa! Such a brave soul to summon @Brute so haphazardly. And without a formal sacrifice. Wait... Is "brave" the right word?

Also you mentioned that there hasnt been many videos uploaded of Naotora yet. If I go to the arcades again I'll try to record some stuff w my phone. :)

As far as I've encountered her she requires patience but is VERY easy to counter once you pick up her "data" or pattern. If your using her - don't finish off the string cuz on like a few of her combos she'll recover for a whole milisecond (like her velocity moves). Especially her autopilot combo ends with her micro-taunting (what I call the animation when she speaks and waves her hand). Some of it is throw punishable. Some ya just need to 7K w Helena. Lol

xXSilverSearcherxX

Whoa! Such a brave soul to summon @Brute so haphazardly. And without a formal sacrifice. Wait... Is "brave" the right word?

Also you mentioned that there hasnt been many videos uploaded of Naotora yet. If I go to the arcades again I'll try to record some stuff w my phone. :)

As far as I've encountered her she requires patience but is VERY easy to counter once you pick up her "data" or pattern. If your using her - don't finish off the string cuz on like a few of her combos. Especially her autopilot combo ends with her micro-taunting (what I call the animation when she speaks and waves her hand). Some of it is throw punishable. Some ya just need to 7K w Helena. Lol
Nice Cant wait! And yeah That was a risky move But i did it for Naotora!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Why are users already discussing her weakness? she's not even truly out yet. This reminds me of the vanilla Akira days where some of the users in the forums (Especially the ones who never played those VF games) thought he was one of the worst characters in the game because he wasn't string heavy, thought they added him not properly with weak damage and believed he was hard to play with for no reason at all, then as soon as Akira showcased his moves torsos flew like a rag doll and removed half health.

We should wait until everyone grasp the character and how far she is in terms of overall strength against the entire cast. It's too early to make assumptions right now.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, let's chill out on her weaknesses....every character has those, it's her strengths that we should be focused on. I'm looking at her move set now, and it seems like guard breaking will be a highlight of her game play I'd she safely finishes some strings.

lotr9690

Yeah we should hold off our verdict til we have spent some time with her moveset.
Yeah, let's chill out on her weaknesses....every character has those, it's her strengths that we should be focused on. I'm looking at her move set now, and it seems like guard breaking will be a highlight of her game play I'd she safely finishes some strings.
For sure! I didn't mean to suggest that was my verdict. Certainly she has moves that are safe. And often a move becomes unsafe because it's used in the wrong contexts. It was just my initial observation. Even when someone was playing as her at a high level they had to be careful especially of spacing. But this could all change once we all have time with her on console and can analyse her moves beyond the surface and strategically employ them to best suit her needs in match ups etc :)

Last edited:

Chapstick

I think we know enough to say she looks ridiculously simple which can be a weakness. But, Rachel is extremely simple and can hold her own.

Brute

Standard Donor
I think we know enough to say she looks ridiculously simple which can be a weakness. But, Rachel is extremely simple and can hold her own.
The list of stupidly simple but frighteningly effective characters in this game is disconcertingly high.

Gen Fu.
Jann Lee.
Momiji.
Mila.
etc.

There is no reason to believe that simplicity is negatively correlated with efficiency.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD