News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

synce

I wouldn't pay any attention to the Moves rating, or any of them for that matter. Alpha has a 5/5 moves despite being extremely straightforward and Honoka has 2/5 despite having the most stances in the game.

xXSilverSearcherxX

I wouldn't pay any attention to the Moves rating, or any of them for that matter. Alpha has a 5/5 moves despite being extremely straightforward and Honoka has 2/5 despite having the most stances in the game.
Well to be honest Alpha is easy to use But hard to master you wont find her very straight forward and easy if you cant get off the ground...

xXSilverSearcherxX

Not really.
Hayabusa Has 5/5 moves and hes pretty simple and easy till you get down to the Izuna drops same for alpha you can do all those flips and kicks to newer players but when you're fighting a pro its gonna be hard so sometimes your actually gonna have to strategize with alpha to get a win

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa Has 5/5 moves and hes pretty simple and easy till you get down to the Izuna drops same for alpha you can do all those flips and kicks to newer players but when you're fighting a pro its gonna be hard so sometimes your actually gonna have to strategize with alpha to get a win
So I'm going to ignore all of the Hayabusa comments due to their irrelevant strawman nature.

The fact is that you will have to "strategize" with every character to win if you're fighting a pro. There's no character who just lets you breeze through top-level players while mindlessly mashing buttons. The issue here is how much effort is involved to use the respective character at their near-maximum capacity compared to the rest of the roster. It is not as difficult to reach that level with Alpha as it is with other "difficult-to-master" characters (Akira, Nyotengu, Pai, etc.). Yes, it's difficult to have a good defense with Alpha. But her strategy is really in maintaining your offense, and it's difficult to have a good defense with almost every character. Not as much as Alpha, typically, but the skills required to refine that area of her play lie in fundamentals that apply to every character (when to block, when to fuzzy, stagger, when to punish, etc.). So in terms of "what it takes to improve that," it's more of a constant than a variable.

As for the new character, it remains to be seen. But my bet is that Naotora will be more-Alpha, less-Akira.

xXSilverSearcherxX

So I'm going to ignore all of the Hayabusa comments due to their irrelevant strawman nature.

The fact is that you will have to "strategize" with every character to win if you're fighting a pro. There's no character who just lets you breeze through top-level players while mindlessly mashing buttons. The issue here is how much effort is involved to use the respective character at their near-maximum capacity compared to the rest of the roster. It is not as difficult to reach that level with Alpha as it is with other "difficult-to-master" characters (Akira, Nyotengu, Pai, etc.). Yes, it's difficult to have a good defense with Alpha. But her strategy is really in maintaining your offense, and it's difficult to have a good defense with almost every character. Not as much as Alpha, typically, but the skills required to refine that area of her play lie in fundamentals that apply to every character (when to block, when to fuzzy, stagger, when to punish, etc.). So in terms of "what it takes to improve that," it's more of a constant than a variable.
I dont mean to upset you or anger you in anyway we all have opinions and I think Alpha is Somewhat difficult to master

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Technically speaking, the moves stat is pretty unimportant, since some people may think Akira is so hard to use, but there are players who think he's easy, the difficulty is mainly in the sight of the beholder.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Probably. Does SW have an air musou? I honestly do not remember since I haven't played a SW game in awhile. I assumed that the one move she did after the PL into like some sort of wave was a conversion from a air musou in the SW game (if they have those in there, correct me if I'm wrong here or anyone.)
There is no air musou in the warriors games. Though there is an ultimate musou attack in SW4 which is the move we saw when the guy did her power launcher combo. If anything, her cliffhangers will probably be something similar to that.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Hayabusa is straight up hard to play properly. You have to strategize with Hayabusa more than most characters in this game. He's a lot more than just air-throw combos.
Technically speaking, the moves stat is pretty unimportant, since some people may think Akira is so hard to use, but there are players who think he's easy, the difficulty is mainly in the sight of the beholder.
People who think Akira is easy to use are usually people who:
1.) Played him or mained him in the VF series.
2.) People who adapt well to execution barriers.
In general, Akira is a damn difficult character to play, and people who think he's easy are used to him and should still already acknowledge that barrier. However, there are people who claim to think Akira is easy. Yes, they can do the 1-frame kick, but how many of these players can play him properly in a high-level match?? Not many. Characters like Ayane, Brad Wong and Hayabusa are these types of character.
The stats are pretty unimportant, but they are still accurate if you are looking to put a time into a character.

synce

I dont mean to upset you or anger you in anyway we all have opinions and I think Alpha is Somewhat difficult to master

Even using your logic there's no explanation for why Honoka is 2/5. She's one of the toughest characters to use effectively. My point is these ratings make no sense. Right now I have no opinion on Nao, it's impossible to judge anything yet :)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

People who think Akira is easy to use are usually people who:
1.) Played him or mained him in the VF series.
2.) People who adapt well to execution barriers.
In general, Akira is a damn difficult character to play, and people who think he's easy are used to him and should still already acknowledge that barrier. However, there are people who claim to think Akira is easy. Yes, they can do the 1-frame kick, but how many of these players can play him properly in a high-level match?? Not many. Characters like Ayane, Brad Wong and Hayabusa are these types of character.
The stats are pretty unimportant, but they are still accurate if you are looking to put a time into a character.

Akira by default is one of the harder characters. It's quite hard to take an individual serious if someone believed Akira is an easy character.

In terms of winning matches, I'm at a stalemate between Raidou & Ein. Though Ein is a much quicker character, Ein doesn't need to respect certain characters's neutral speed if he's actually at advantage. Issue with Ein is that he plays too honest but yet none of it is actually bad, it's just that Ein players get too conditioned or too offensive in a near death scenario if the opponent understands how Ein works or simply reading the player's approach using Ein. Raidou on the other hand, has to commit to making certain reads along with having his best GB to be his slowest move, which is sadly his fireball. The other minor few are under +4 of advantage to somewhat help his advantage due to his slower neutral speed overall. i11/i13/i13 with a boost to further provide disappointment is that majority of his other GBs are negative. Raidou is one of those characters where one would assume you already have some knowledge of the game and some knowledge on knowing how/when to punish a certain character (The same could be said for any other character but Raidou is just too obvious for that). If you get those parts down he can actually be better than most people would make him out to be. He's not superb but he's definitely not bad. Of course, don't want to get off topic as this is a Naotora thread so I'll just say this, Akira is definitely one of them within hardest characters and those stats within the character select screen are not exactly true.

But yeah, I won't get off topic for this so I think we should proceed with thread topic.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

How many characters DOA has now? The costume pack will have 30 pieces.

It's going to be wasted if a badass costume design turned into color jelly.
35 with Naotora, so she will be excluded from the pack, along with VF characters.
I think Alpha will just get a jelly version of Naotora's C1.
Edit : Maybe it's better to speak about DLC costumes in the proper thread.

xXSilverSearcherxX

35 with Naotora, so she will be excluded from the pack, along with VF characters.
I think Alpha will just get a jelly version of Naotora's C1.
Edit : Maybe it's better to speak about DLC costumes in the proper thread.
I wish Alpha would get a jelly version of Her tiger outfit..Sorry i may have an obsession :(

Chapstick

I wish Alpha would get a jelly version of Her tiger outfit..Sorry i may have an obsession :(
I even bought that stupid apron for Alpha but I would not buy this

I think Naotora may be a part of the SW pack, didn't people mention her having a kimono in SW that we haven't seen in her defaults or debut set?

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I even bought that stupid apron for Alpha but I would not buy this

I think Naotora may be a part of the SW pack, didn't people mention her having a kimono in SW that we haven't seen in her defaults or debut set?
Since she gets that Yukata in SW4 Empires, which also comes out this month, its possibru. But I still think she'll be excluded.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD