New DOA5 version announced (Momiji!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What's the deal with "Miyako"? And why are everybody requesting her along with a ton of VF characters? I mean I wouldn't mind seeing them (because I love VF), but why so many?

Better yet, why are people demanding so much? I'm happy with what Team Ninja gives as bonuses including the costumes I mentioned. Above all else, I just want the game to be well-balanced overall & the game to be good where people will enjoy it. :)

Adamleelight

that song.

tumblr_mcq8oo5xgC1rhpj4po1_500.gif

synce

Hayashi did say he wants Ryo but I have no idea why. I guess he's said stupider things... Anyway consider this

- No Shenmue in 10+ years
- Needs a completely new, realistic model
- Already have two baji quan users in DOA5
- Already have 3 cameos from Sega
- No chance of returning for DOA6
- Licensing fees etc

Don't get me wrong I would kill for Shenmue 3 but I can't see them going through all this trouble for a one-time Ryo cameo. He's not on the level of Akira, or someone like Master Chief or Samus.

Raansu

I gave up on shenmue a long time ago. Shenmue 3 is never going to happen and the likelihood of Ryo being in DoA5 is very small.

Koompbala

Hayashi did say he wants Ryo but I have no idea why. I guess he's said stupider things... Anyway consider this

- No Shenmue in 10+ years
- Needs a completely new, realistic model
- Already have two baji quan users in DOA5
- Already have 3 cameos from Sega
- No chance of returning for DOA6
- Licensing fees etc

Don't get me wrong I would kill for Shenmue 3 but I can't see them going through all this trouble for a one-time Ryo cameo. He's not on the level of Akira, or someone like Master Chief or Samus.

I agree its asinine people are requesting him. Its lucky we got VF characters to begin with. for all the VF supporters support VFxDoA not more VF characters DoA. Considering Ryo was a guest character in Sonic All stars it makes more sense that he would be a character in a Sega game I.E. VF not a TN game.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
We have our fair share of pretty chicks in the game..
How about the old witch from the black spider clan in ninja gaiden 3 ..

it would be cool to have an old evil hag in the game ...
lol

TRI Mike

Raidou, Genra and Ryo would be really lame additions. I actually think the same about Tengu but given the number of "fans" he has I guess it's OK if the make him come back.

Ein is the only important one we need right now.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
What's the deal with "Miyako"?
Token MILF, which this game is lacking compared to other fighters.

And why are everybody requesting her along with a ton of VF characters? I mean I wouldn't mind seeing them (because I love VF), but why so many?
Probably to head-start test runs for an actual VF x DOA so they can get it right the first time (which another particular mismatched crossover game that will remain nameless - STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN - failed to do)?

Better yet, why are people demanding so much?
Elementary, my dear JDE... we simply want the game to live up to the "ultimate" moniker.

If I were you, I'd Just Demand Everything possibly within reason.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Random ass requested characters. While they're at it they might as well add every DOATEC employee, everyone here on FreeStepDodge, and the whole every Boss in NG.
Personally, I'm all for me playing an actual off-screen role as a "rebound client" of Christie... 'cause she's clearly fed up with Donovan.

On the other hand, that would just creep the hell out of everyone here. But hey, it's MY wet dream, dad-gummit.

bingsoo

Hayashi's quote about a possible Ryo cameo did sound like something was in the works. However, I'd prefer Dead or Alive to rely less on guest appearances from other franchises and introduce more original characters to keep things fresh. 3 Virtua Fighter characters suffice as guest characters in a Dead or Alive game, and I would like to see some new faces if Team NINJA is going to add more to the cast.

Moreover, 3 Virtua Fighter characters weren't enough to push DOA into the respected circle of fighting games within the FGC, not that I care too much about that. What I'm saying is that gameplay, mechanics, and balance are what will determine the longevity and health of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, so I really think the competitive community should be more focused on that aspect of the game's development when offering requests and suggestions to Team NINJA.

Personally, I'm more curious to see if they tweaked the stun game and added more tools to the lower tier characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD