New DOA5 version announced (Momiji!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritoth

I've avoided commenting on this thread thus far, preferring to wait for reviews on DOA5U before I get it. I like the idea of custom BGM as long as as many older tracks are in it. (Mostly from DOA2 as suggested by many posts.) Same with stages and weather effects.

On character customization: I think that if DOA5 has generic normal clothing options, with limited changes allowed (Such as realistic color, sensible style, and realistic patterns/stamps) that would help alleviate some of the concern over 'Wacky/pervy, etc...' style costumes.

For instance: have a top, skirt/pants and boot style that fits a characters style and maybe limit it to him/her.

EG: Kasumi could get flowing skirts, cutesy tops, and boots/shoes, (Like her DOA2U C11, C14 or her DOA4 C7) or her Ninja looks, though not wholly identical.

And though I understand the appeal of giving any style to any character and mix and matching styles, it does create freaky SC5/Tekken looks.

Character specific styles and colors, as well as styles that don't look like any other game or license(I hate seeing Chun-li clones in non Street fighter games), could help focus people's creative urges to not go overboard. (Though very unlikely)

If they figured out a way to make the outfits logically fit DOA then it might work.

*Shrug* But there are other things that should be handled first.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Presenting THE BRAD SHOW!

Exactly why character customization should never be implemented into DOA and should be removed from all other fighters.

Or at least, if any developer implements it into a game, they should have the common courtesy to allow us to disable the ability to see custom designs. That way, I can turn that shit off from day one and never ever see anyone's "funny" outfits.

Nightpup

lol

Correct.

SC5 has wretched gameplay and the same horrid-looking graphics they had back in 4. Unless you like it when skin glows like a lava-lamp and hair looks like tin foil.
So it's really really shiny. That's better than the game being excessively dark, like DOA5.

Chaos

If TN isn't going to fix the stun mechanics then they should at least buff every character by giving them frame advantage on block (most attacks).

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
that's because we cant,i doubt TN is suddenly going to become Tekken and say look we just added 10 new characters.
You say it like customization is bad in a fighting game, period. Let's try not to forget that other fighting games have customization too. Virtua Fighter actually does a great job at customization, because it fits some of the characters personal image. Tekken's customization was at it's best for Dark Resurrection (not so good on Tekken 6 though).

Blazeincarnated

You say it like customization is bad in a fighting game, period. Let's try not to forget that other fighting games have customization too. Virtua Fighter actually does a great job at customization, because it fits some of the characters personal image. Tekken's customization was at it's best for Dark Resurrection (not so good on Tekken 6 though).
He was responding to the fact that I said clone characters, not customization.....

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Well that too,I've never been a fan of super customization and I'd rather not see it in the game the accessory system would be nice and if only it worked for everyone I'd be satisfied.i however understand that this goes against the wish of many so I chose not to ask TN if it happens it happens ill survive,though a generic option would be nice if it does which would be an option where if I dont like your character I can make them look default on my screen.

ninjaguy446

lol

Correct.

SC5 has wretched gameplay and the same horrid-looking graphics they had back in 4. Unless you like it when skin glows like a lava-lamp and hair looks like tin foil.
Please explain to me why Soul Calibur 5's gameplay is "wretched". Last time I checked it was perfectly fine.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I enjoyed SCV initially but I couldn't go back to it after the patch. Also they axed YunSeong so forget it. In any case, we're not derailing the thread to talk about SCV.

Dutch Samurai

I understand people's concerns with customization. People often do make tasteless choices, whether it's for humor or whether those individuals actually think hot pink afros actually look good on anyone. That's where the developer need to step in and edit themselves and limit the articles of clothing to items that aren't considered wacky. Give color customization to the pre-existing costumes and give everyone a nice tasteful wardrobe of tops, jackets, slacks, skirts (for the girls), and footwear. Don't add distracting shit like glowing balls or electrfied armlets. Just keep it simple and tasteful and avoid stuff that looks dumb.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Customization in DoA would be a terrible idea. Just no. It has NEVER worked in any fighter ever because you either have people who want to make cute or cool costumes and everyone else who either doesn't touch it or just wants to be stupid with it. There will never be a middle ground with customization. It needs to stay the fuck out of DoA.

Nightpup

Customization in DoA would be a terrible idea. Just no. It has NEVER worked in any fighter ever because you either have people who want to make cute or cool costumes and everyone else who either doesn't touch it or just wants to be stupid with it. There will never be a middle ground with customization. It needs to stay the fuck out of DoA.
Why not do something like, have an option to display people's customs online? If you have it on NO, then anyone who uses a custom will default to that character's C1 on your screen. That way people can still enjoy customizing their characters without pissing everyone off.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Then it defeats the purpose just like the costumes people bought for DoA5 can only be seen by them so a lot of people (myself included) opted to not bother buying them. I'm all for color customization of clothing, but that's about it.

TRI Mike

Then it defeats the purpose just like the costumes people bought for DoA5 can only be seen by them so a lot of people (myself included) opted to not bother buying them. I'm all for color customization of clothing, but that's about it.

Jeff must be like my lost brother or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD