New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Kronin

Welcome to FSD @LeiFangFan85 =) I really like the style of your sketch: I don't remember more if I posted it even on the DoA art thread of the forum, but definitely I saved on my HD your fanart of Hitomi & Leifang when you posted it on FB ^^

LeiFangFan85

Welcome to FSD @LeiFangFan85 =) I really like the style of your sketch: I don't remember more if I posted it even on the DoA art thread of the forum, but definitely I saved on my HD your fanart of Hitomi & Leifang when you posted it on FB ^^
Thanks. I really appreciate it. Leifang and Hitomi are two of my favorite characters in the Dead or Alive besides Helena. They're such a cute pair!:)

Toastythunder

Hello everyone! New here to the forums, used to play DoA a lot in the past, lost interest for a bit, but slowly getting back into it. Currently, I play on the PS3 possibly soon on the PC and would love to find people to play with! I mained Ayane in the past, but I think I'm going to main Momiji in 5. I play other games, smash wii u and league of legends most notably right now.

@LeiFangFan85 I love your little megaman and capcom drawings!

Hi, My Name is Tom Moorhouse. I've been a fan of DOA for a while now so i decided to join :)
My Favourite characters are: Ryu, Kasumi, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, Ayane and Hitomi.
I'm not exactly what you'd call good at fighting games or DOA but i love them to bits.

If anyone wants to friend me on PSN i'm tomawsomeSaUCE1 :D

Toastythunder

Hi, My Name is Tom Moorhouse. I've been a fan of DOA for a while now so i decided to join :)
My Favourite characters are: Ryu, Kasumi, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, Ayane and Hitomi.
I'm not exactly what you'd call good at fighting games or DOA but i love them to bits.

If anyone wants to friend me on PSN i'm tomawsomeSaUCE1 :D
do you play on ps4 or ps3?

Low-pitched_Ala

HI, I am Low-pitched_Ala. I am from mainland China but currently stay in the USA for studying purpose. I am new to DOA, the first time I met DOA is the game called paradise on PSP and a book of photo album about DOA hot girls, but I was not known too much at that time about DOA. I even don't know DOA is major on combat games. The first time I really start on DOA's fighting game is DOA 5 U and DOA 5+, It’s about half year ago. But Since I don't feel good about the controller of PS3 I only play a little bit on PS3, and majorly playing on PS vita. However may be is because of it’s either too late I start playing on DOA 5+ or there are too less people on it, I majorly playing offline at that time, since there nearly no people online. Then When LR released for about 1 month, I start playing LR, and this time I playing mostly online. Till now it’s about 3 months and a half playing it.

And I am finding PSN friends still for lobby matches, so If we have good and stable internet strength please add me! Btw I always use Cat 7 cable for my PS4.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
HI, I am Low-pitched_Ala. I am from mainland China but currently stay in the USA for studying purpose. I am new to DOA, the first time I met DOA is the game called paradise on PSP and a book of photo album about DOA hot girls, but I was not known too much at that time about DOA. I even don't know DOA is major on combat games. The first time I really start on DOA's fighting game is DOA 5 U and DOA 5+, It’s about half year ago. But Since I don't feel good about the controller of PS3 I only play a little bit on PS3, and majorly playing on PS vita. However may be is because of it’s either too late I start playing on DOA 5+ or there are too less people on it, I majorly playing offline at that time, since there nearly no people online. Then When LR released for about 1 month, I start playing LR, and this time I playing mostly online. Till now it’s about 3 months and a half playing it.

And I am finding PSN friends still for lobby matches, so If we have good and stable internet strength please add me! Btw I always use Cat 7 cable for my PS4.

Welcome, where are you staying in the states?

LORD MJ

Hello, my name (or better said nickname xD) is LORD MJ. I hope you don't mind reading long posts, because I like to write long posts. :p

So I guess the first thing you want to hear is my DOA history. Well, I will be happy to share it with you. (I decided to put this section in a spoiler tag, because it turned out to be huge.)

First time I heard about DOA was in a YouTube video. While playing some other game, the commentator has started to bash the game and the silly swimsuit DLCs the game had. Then he also mentioned some stuff about how the game is very controversial because of how it portrays female characters. That has peaked my interest, so after the video was done I decided to do a Google search on the game.

When I typed in "dead or alive" in Google, it suggested 5 a lot so I figured that was the latest game, clicked search and then images. First thing I noticed was the art style, I really really liked the art style and how real the characters look. As I was scrolling through the images and looking at various girls, I noticed Kasumi right off the bat. Of course, why wouldn't I notice her? :p

But as I was scrolling, another girl has caught my attention. I found out her name, and soon the search query was redefined to "dead or alive 5 mila". The more images I saw of her, the more I started to like her. Then I found some fan art of her over at Deviantart, and I REALLY started to like her. And she became my favorite character even before I played the game.

Why do I like Mila? I just do. :) I like girls like that, who are very strong willed, full of energy and who would like to give a helping hand to someone. I also like the strong look she has in her eyes (I'm a sucker for girls with beautiful eyes, and Mila sure does have them) and her short hair.

The other two character I started to like before I started to play were Kasumi and Ayane. I really like those two as a pair, and when they clash against each other in a match... wow, makes my heart go wild. :)

But here is the problem I had with DOA at the time. It was a console exclusive game, and I game on the PC. I was very bummed out, because I really wanted to play the game, and it looked like the game would never come to the PC. You can only imagine my happiness when I stumbled across Last Round on Steam a couple of months later.

Phew, so that was my DOA history. If you didn't fall asleep yet, I guess you want hear about me a bit.

I like gaming. Gaming is my passion. But not any kind of games, I like games that have great a story, characters and gameplay elements. Graphics aren't a big concern for me, although I won't complain if the game is a nice looking one. I will play almost anything, except for sport and strategy games.
I'm also an Otaku. Although, not the kind of Otaku who floods his room with anime merchandise.;) Nope, I just like anime and anything related to anime. Be it manga, games, soundtracks from animes, AMVs, OVAs. The first anime I have ever watched was DBZ and (as you can guess from my avatar) Teen SSJ2 Gohan is my favorite character.
I'm also an mod maker and game developer. Well mostly a mod maker, but I want to become a game developer. Modding is why I enjoy PC gaming so much. It allows for many awesome things. From simple widescreen patches to some crazy Total Conversion, mods are what breath new life into games I love and care about.

And that is little info about me. Now let's talk about what kind of content you can expect from me on this forum. Content, you say LORD MJ? What kind of content you have in mind?

Well, it will mostly revolve around XNALara. I have a lot of ideas to create some awesome things with XNALara. When it comes to DOA, I want to do something different, something refreshing. There are lots of XNALara works out there, but I want to make mine stand out, because I take a lot of pride in my work. But that's all I'm going to say about that for now. "Amazing things will happen here soon, you just wait."

As for other things I have in mind, I find the photo mode of DOA (like many other out there I'm sure) to be very fun and interesting. In fact, I spent more time in the photo mode, than I actually did playing the game myself. lol So I'm planning to post a crap ton of images.
I'm looking for ways to enhance my screenshot, to make them "pop". So now I'm learning Photoshop so I can edit my images and make them look really awesome.
Here is my current wallpaper. This was a very quick and dirty edit, and most of the time I had no idea what I was doing, but I think the image turned out cool.

O17ZIsS.png

Well, that's everything! Phew, this was easily one of the longest intro posts I ever wrote. I hope that this post won't be my last and that I will become an active member of this community.

See you in the ring!
~LORD MJ

LORD MJ

Welcome to the forum LORD MJ! I'm glad to see another member of the community enjoying DOA this much. I also really like the banner you've made. It makes me look forward to your future content.

If you have any questions about your main character Mila, my recommendation would be that you visit this sub-forum:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/mila.48/

Hope you enjoy your stay here! =)

Thank you very much. I feel so loved already. :)

Luwafer

Hello, all!

I'm Luwafer from Vancouver, BC. I've loved the Dead or Alive series since playing DoA3 at a friend's house back in the day. I picked up DoA4 a while back and enjoyed that, and got vanilla DoA5 shortly after its release. However, I've always been the button-mashing nonsense fighter in this series, which is the main reason I enjoyed it so much, because you could have fun with a friend while having no idea what you're doing.

However, I've recently been overcome with the urge to actually learn this game and take it a little more seriously. I bought DoA5LR on the PS4 a couple of days ago and have already learned so much, but am overwhelmed by what I need to learn and practice. I think I've settled on Momiji as my main. Can't argue with that ninja fire... Kokoro was my main in vanilla so I'll try to keep her as a secondary of sorts.

As far as other fighting games go, I'm primarily a Smash Melee player, maining Sheik (although I'm still relatively new to the scene). I've been playing a fair amount of For Glory on WiiU recently, maining Palutena.
Aside from Smash, I own a good majority of fighting games on the PS3, although I'm garbage at most of them (eg. every BlazBlue game, MK9, Persona 4 Arena, SSFIV, UMvC3, too many to count...) Here's to hoping my DoA career won't be like that!

It's great to see a forum like this that's decently active for DoA, since from what I could tell, the scene for this game is pretty underground compared to the more mainstream fighters. Could use all the help I can get...

LORD MJ

Welcome. I joined a few days ago myself, but I already feel compelled to welcome new people to the forum.

I'm also a total noob when it comes to fighting games, and DOA looks really intimidating at first, but also very fun.

I suggest you take a look around the forums if you haven't already, there are lots of good guides for new player floating around. Here are a couple of resources I have found.
https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/2cc9307a-88b6-49e5-a3a2-bb59981ce603
http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...training-suggestion-for-aspiring-players.166/
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/how-to-use-frame-data.224/
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/homework-time-footsies-and-spacing-101.4522/

I would also suggest you check this sub-forum for any question or tips for Momiji
http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/momiji.55/

Hope you enjoy your stay. xD

Pastrami Sato

Hi, everyone! I suspect I'll lurk more than anything, but I'll go ahead and introduce myself.

I'll go by Pastrami Sato here, and Lei Fang is my main. After several months of really getting to know the character and her moves, I'm at the point where I'm ready to extend my research to forums and take my gameplay to the next level! My weakness is that I'll set the game down for a week or two for some reason or another, and I know you have to keep the gaming muscle trained if you're going to progress.

Wine is my other weakness. It gives me the liquid courage I need to venture online, but inevitably I screw myself over when it's 2am and I'm a bottle in. Maybe I should play Brad Wong instead..?

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to learning here and fine tuning. I have the commands; now I need to learn when and how to effectively use them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD