Ninja Gaiden Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
It makes quick work of the zombies in the Ritual Room; makes that challenge a bit easier.
That's one of the easiest parts in the game, though, and a great place to garner some early essence pools by taking them down with UTs. Why you'd ever waste ninpo there is beyond me...

Reminds me of Wind Blades in 2. Not terribly useful.
Wind Blades has it's uses in Chapter 11. De-limbing all those fiend ninjas can be useful for easy i-frames across the battlefield.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Using Wind Blades on The Stairs (that's all I should need to say haha) in NG2, not Sigma 2, is one of the most satisfying things to do in gaming. Insane carnage on levels the game simply can't handle.

As for the Ritual Room...well yeah. You just asked if I ever found a use for it haha. On runs where I was farming as hard as I could, I'd already have enough Essence for UF by that time so there'd be no real incentive to farm it for me. Unless you're talking about boosting your Karma score, in which case that goes without saying I'd be UTing it up. Karma runs got boring pretty fast though, hence my earlier talk of no-hit runs and such. I did some pretty masochistic things.

Brute

Standard Donor
Using Wind Blades on The Stairs (that's all I should need to say haha) in NG2, not Sigma 2, is one of the most satisfying things to do in gaming. Insane carnage on levels the game simply can't handle.

As for the Ritual Room...well yeah. You just asked if I ever found a use for it haha. On runs where I was farming as hard as I could, I'd already have enough Essence for UF by that time so there'd be no real incentive to farm it for me. Unless you're talking about boosting your Karma score, in which case that goes without saying I'd be UTing it up. Karma runs got boring pretty fast though, hence my earlier talk of no-hit runs and such. I did some pretty masochistic things.
IIRC, you can't have enough for UF by then, as it requires more than the essence cap allows and Muramasa won't unlock it at that point in time.
Karma runs are not much fun, imo.
I never did any actual "farming" (as in re-spawning enemies simply to gain essence) in NG, so generally I like to take advantage of "one-shot" type UT enemies with large payouts. The zombies and the... well... zombies (mutated military-men Breserkers found across the bridge) tended to be nice spots to jump a bit ahead.
I always liked to upgrade all weapons, too. So even if I had "enough," more early on (like at that point) is always useful.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I said I'd have enough Essence for it by then, not that I'd have it lol. I'm pretty sure the earliest you can get UF is right after you get out of the Catacombs. Can't recall at the moment, though. Using it kind of made the game less fun, you know? Though I did prefer it as my go-to weapon for Gogohn/Marbus/whateverhe'scalled. I usually spent my money on Lunar and the Dragon Sword since those were my main weapons.

Brute

Standard Donor
I said I'd have enough Essence for it by then, not that I'd have it lol. I'm pretty sure the earliest you can get UF is right after you get out of the Catacombs. Can't recall at the moment, though.
But isn't the final cost more than the essence cap, or do you buy the first few upgrades before then, allowing your current pool to finish the job when it unlocks?

Using it kind of made the game less fun, you know?
Just the opposite for me, actually.

Though I did prefer it as my go-to weapon for Gogohn/Marbus/whateverhe'scalled.
Anything works on him because he's so easy. I like the UF for some of the heavy fiends like the Cyclops' and for the stun baton fiends, because its reach scoops them up from their backflips enabling easy Izunas.

I usually spent my money on Lunar and the Dragon Sword since those were my main weapons.
But why not upgrade them all? =P

SilverForte

Unlabored Flawlessness was fun at times, but you had to be pretty balsy to be at low health all the time. I prefer the Diab Greatsword. That and the lunar were my favorite weapons in Black.

Brute

Standard Donor
Unlabored Flawlessness was fun at times, but you had to be pretty balsy to be at low health all the time. I prefer the Diab Greatsword. That and the lunar were my favorite weapons in Black.
It's still an incredibly effective weapon even when your health is high.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Brute, I upgraded as I went and stored enough to finish the upgrades. Think you worked that out, though

And Forward+Strong with UF is insanely powerful even at full health. Generally an instant decap and kill.

DyByHands

Wait, which room is this? I gotta find this. :D
The room with the monks safe. In the building where you fight Alma (can't remember the name) and it has the elevator that goes to the underwater area.

Side note, it's my birthday today and one of my buddies bought me a replica Dragon Sword. Best birthday gift ever.
Happy birthday, :) Man, I have been eyeing those replica swords. Pretty cool. Killer friend!

Brute

Standard Donor
The room with the monks safe. In the building where you fight Alma (can't remember the name) and it has the elevator that goes to the underwater area.
Interesting. Will have to check that out for sure.

edit: And dur, happy birthday Cyber. Totally went over my head.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Indeed. I keep the sword in my room now. Anybody tries to rob me they're gonna get a pretty wicked surprise.

I'm holding out hope for a Vita NG or DoA. I need my portable fix and Sigma+ had some issues.

Chaos

The only hack n slash games i care and love is Ninja Gaiden & God of War. :) I have black & sigma and their badass classic games that will NEVER be forgotting.

Brute

Standard Donor
The only hack n slash games i care and love is Ninja Gaiden & God of War. :) I have black & sigma and their badass classic games that will NEVER be forgotting.
Out of curiosity, have you ever tried Devil May Cry 3?

Brute

Standard Donor
I'd highly recommend it if you get the chance. With the HD version released recently, you can get it for either Xbox 360 or PS3, and it's well worth the cost.
Most action games just seem flat, uncomplex and choppy in comparison to the NG and DMC series, which is why I tend to favor those two.

Chaos

I'd highly recommend it if you get the chance. With the HD version released recently, you can get it for either Xbox 360 or PS3, and it's well worth the cost.
Most action games just seem flat, uncomplex and choppy in comparison to the NG and DMC series, which is why I tend to favor those two.
not god of war imo i always play it on hard difficulty all the time for intense action. god of war 3 had the best gameplay in the series but so many people hate it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Devil May Cry 3 is a gem with an epic story and really solid gameplay. Black trumps it, but DMC3 should not be slept on.

Brute

Standard Donor
Devil May Cry 3 is a gem with an epic story and really solid gameplay. Black trumps it, but DMC3 should not be slept on.
Yeah. DMC excels in the story department, and I really like the customizability it encourages.
But overall, I feel Black is superior. I've just yet to find a game that FEELS as good as NG: Black does.

Chaos

Yeah. DMC excels in the story department, and I really like the customizability it encourages.
But overall, I feel Black is superior. I've just yet to find a game that FEELS as good as NG: Black does.
Remember, hack n slash games will never DIE!!! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD