Ninja Gaiden Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Remember, hack n slash games will never DIE!!! :)
I hope not, but their future isn't looking so bright, at the moment.

Thats ture. What you think about the new DMC?
I think it looks horrible. Stylistically it's ugly, the combat looks jumbled (too much sweeping and pointless SFX), and the gameplay appears far too streamlined (you seem to posses all weapons/abilities simultaneously). I hate sweeping things that eliminate distancing (for example, he always jumps into the air, sucks an enemy up with some chain-like attachment, and then wails on them in absolutely safety for an entirely long and boring combo). The writing is horrible and it in no way reminds me of anything DMC.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance looks phenomenal. The gameplay demo looks as good as I could have hoped and I'm not even a MGS fan really. That game has my hopes for the action genre pinned on it at the moment.

DyByHands

Love the NG love in here. And, yes. The MGR stuff looks great! Which is why I wish they would put Hayabusa in that weird Sony Battle game (looks odd but it could be a fun "party" game) . Could you imagine, Ryu vs Kratos vs Dante vs Raiden, lol. I would love it!

Brute

Standard Donor
Love the NG love in here. And, yes. The MGR stuff looks great! Which is why I wish they would put Hayabusa in that weird Sony Battle game (looks odd but it could be a fun "party" game) . Could you imagine, Ryu vs Kratos vs Dante vs Raiden, lol. I would love it!
Ryu was already leaked to be in it, iirc.
I hate SSB so I'm not following it closely, though.

I'll have to look more into MGS:R

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I played that game at Evo and I want Ryu nowhere near the shit. Rumor has it that I may be out of luck but I'm not happy about it.

DyByHands

I heard that leak was deconfimed?.. @CyberEvil, I haven't been following the game at all. What was wrong with it? I know from the videos its not a fighter at all. But, you didn't even get some enjoyment out of it? I just like the idea of Hayabusa killen on those other action icons.

Brute

Standard Donor
I heard that leak was deconfimed?.. @CyberEvil, I haven't been following the game at all. What was wrong with it? I know from the videos its not a fighter at all. But, you didn't even get some enjoyment out of it? I just like the idea of Hayabusa killen on those other action icons.
As I understand it, it's basically a clone of SSB with other characters from more popular franchises.
SSB is arguably one of the most boring, tactless, and unsatisfying games I've ever had the misfortune to endure for any given amount of time.
As such, I don't want Ryu tainted by it.

I need to pick up Warrior's Oriochi 3 one of these days, though...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I ranted about it in the thread I made for the game here. You can read my impressions there but it's one of the most bizarre "competitive" games I've seen. The pedigree behind it is absurdly good, but the game itself just doesn't seem to work on that level. Plenty of arguments about that in that thread, too.

I need to pick up Warrior's Oriochi 3 one of these days, though...
Yes you do. Level 99 Hayabusa with the right abilities on his sword is a monster. Thousands die at his whim. Oh, and his Izuna is the same button combo as in NG haha. Ayane is pretty cool in it too.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yes you do. Level 99 Hayabusa with the right abilities on his sword is a monster. Thousands die at his whim. Oh, and his Izuna is the same button combo as in NG haha. Ayane is pretty cool in it too.
Sounds like a recipe for success.

SilverForte

SSB is a good series, but this sony all stars looks like a big mess. And I'm pretty sure Ryu wasn't part of the leak list, in fact I'm sure he isn't, so I don't think we need to worry about that.

Chaos

As I understand it, it's basically a clone of SSB with other characters from more popular franchises.
SSB is arguably one of the most boring, tactless, and unsatisfying games I've ever had the misfortune to endure for any given amount of time.
As such, I don't want Ryu tainted by it

If you say that on a youtube page, so many Nintendo fanboys would get so butthurt about it and they will start calling you a troll a sony/pc/xbox fanboy and all types of names, its sad but true. lol :rolleyes:

Brute

Standard Donor
Good thing I don't post on Youtube.

May wanna check where the quote tags end in your post, there. ;)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just throwing this out there, any of you with a Vita make sure you pick up Zen Pinball 2 tomorrow (free by itself) and the Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma DLC table! Going to cost, I'm guessing, $2.49USD like the PS3 one and it gets you the table on both Vita and PS3. If you already bought it on PS3 you get it free on the Vita version, but you should get a second PSN account to buy it again in that case. It actually has a story mode and there are two trophies to be earned in it. I'm actually excited for a fucking pinball game.

The power of Ninja Gaiden at work.

Brute

Standard Donor
make sure you pick up Zen Pinball 2 tomorrow (free by itself) and the Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma DLC table! [...] It actually has a story mode and there are two trophies to be earned in it. I'm actually excited for a fucking pinball game.
The power of Ninja Gaiden at work.
Wait, it's a pinball game in the NG universe with a story?

And I wasn't aware there was any DLC for Sigma 2.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's DLC for Zen Pinball 2, not Sigma 2. It's a Sigma 2 pinball table. It does have a story mode with chapters and everything though. I'm looking forward to it.

Sigma 2 did have some DLC though in the form of costumes and I believe there was something else but I forget.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I played Black back in '06 and I played 2 and Dragon Sword in '08. DS was meh, but I liked 2. Black was easily the best. I've never replayed any of them though. If I had a PS3, I'd get Sigma and Sigma 2, but I don't so I won't. I'd get Sigma Plus also if I had a Vita. I hear that none of these topped Black though.

As for SSB, the first two were great, especially Melee. Brawl sucks though. The only way to enjoy Brawl is with hacks like Brawl+ and Project M.

TRI Mike

Didn't notice this thread earlier for some reason. NG1 (all versions) is actually one of my favorite games of all time as well. I managed to beat the original in MN once but now that I read about Cyber's no-damage run I feel pathetic.

Brute

Standard Donor
Didn't notice this thread earlier for some reason. NG1 (all versions) is actually one of my favorite games of all time as well. I managed to beat the original in MN once but now that I read about Cyber's no-damage run I feel pathetic.
MN mode is still a very commendable achievement. Cyber simply went above-and-beyond.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD