Nioh General Discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
Switchglaive is OP.

Phantom yokai burst counter is still way less reliable than the other two. Burst counters no longer feel essential, so much as they do a "make your life easier for playing more aggressive/risky." I have mixed feelings about that design philosophy, but overall, it works much better now than before, so I'm fine with this iteration of that system.

Otherwise, loving pretty much everything. Updated UI, music, weapon skills, etc. is all great, and the control/button customization... beautiful.

First boss is really fun. Only attack that I have problems with is one of the blue side's red glow attacks, he launches a horrendous amount of arrow volleys that, depending on your positioning, can be absolutely brutal to deal with. Otherwise, very fun and fair boss fight with a unique and fun gimmick.

Second boss is... fine, I guess. Felt like most of the "challenge" just came from what a damage sponge he was. Not bad, just not very interesting, IMHO.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Is it safe to say that Matsunaga is the first meme character of Nioh 2?

Use explosives, tries to Kamikaze you with said explosives, and blows himself up if he misses the grab.

Brute

Standard Donor
3rcfae.jpg

NinjaRayMan

I can’t wait. Last chance demo added most of what I thought was missing from the beta.
It’s a shame most of the attention on team ninja is about their stupid DOA dlc practices right now because this game looks like everything they do so well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD