"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

Awesmic

Standard Donor
On NH, 9P induces a +31 nosebleed stun. It seems to remain +31 on critical level 1 through to 3 until the threshold is exceed with a critical finish. +31 is very nice advantage though not enough to follow-up with something like 214P.
So I've been baiting needlessly on hit.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
How do people normally play the stun game with Christie? I've been looking at some stuff after initiating a stun with 9P, and it seems like there's a lot of directions I can go including using stuff like PP2PP, 1PK or 2PP for launching for instance. 4K also seems like a better launcher than 8K during the stun game.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Honestly, most of the time I am fishing for a counter hit/waiting for them to mash a button while trying to open them up. 2H+K is good whiff punishment tool from a distance but I would advise against using it too much.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Haha, getting counterhits with Christie isn't very hard thanks to 6PP, though I want to make sure that I'm making the best of the stun situations. Moves like 9P, H+K, CH 4K, or CH 6PP induce nice stuns. If you can get a stun advantage to +40 or higher when the opponent is in Critical level 1, you can set up 214P~CB setups.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
What do you guys think of 4P+K~33? I'm trying to implement that into my play for people that can react to 4P+K (which has fairly long range in itself). 4P+K~33~P+K can throw people off, and 4P+K~33~T keeps them from holding, thus eating future 4P+K GB's.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
You only need to hold 3 IIRC. Its very necessary to keep them honest IMO but it can be a bit difficult to do in a real match consistently.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hey guys,

How do you go about fighting Super Heavyweights that have good holding ability? I can't seem to get any useful launch damage off them and seem to be forced to play a somewhat risky poke reset game. I guess I'm to abuse 4T or something?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Hey guys,

How do you go about fighting Super Heavyweights that have good holding ability? I can't seem to get any useful launch damage off them and seem to be forced to play a somewhat risky poke reset game. I guess I'm to abuse 4T or something?

I always try to get them near a wall/obstacle with 6k4k or 6k6p then from there allow them to hang themselves. Walls don't care about weight. I don't even bother with jak transition combos/blockstrings for the most part seeing that some of the slower OH/grappler characters can ironically kill Christie if she miscalculates something or becomes too obvious. These characters are slower so use your speed to your advantage but don't get cocky. Pay CLOSE attention to if they try to OH you. There is a slight telegraph before it becomes active where you can toss them with a neutral throw. I presume you are fighting Bass?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thanks dude. Christie <3's walls. Bass & Rachel mostly. Although Christie has a major speed advantage, if the Super Heavy player knows how to fight Christie, the MU isn't exactly lopsided. OHs can fuck over Christie if placed right and she can't really punish holds very well. I'm also weary of Leons that spam 33P to punish throw attempts.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
With Rachel she is a sitting duck outside her 66k and 236p both are telegraph'y GBs and both can be responded to by either Jak or 214p. Play your footsies and you will be fine.

With bass this match up is pretty interesting and no I dont fully understand it myself. He reminds me of Potemkin in how he can lul you into being cocky and murder you for it. Bass is not helpless against Christie at all I don't care what Bass mains tell you. One well placed throw punish and a "get up you lazy bum" reset and you die.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
With Rachel she is a sitting duck outside her 66k and 236p both are telegraph'y GBs and both can be responded to by either Jak or 214p. Play your footsies and you will be fine.

With bass this match up is pretty interesting and no I dont fully understand it myself. He reminds me of Potemkin in how he can lul you into being cocky and murder you for it. Bass is not helpless against Christie at all I don't care what Bass mains tell you. One well placed throw punish and a "get up you lazy bum" reset and you die.

Agreed! Bass is very underrated and very dangerous in DOA5LR.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Ugh, my Christie got bodied hard against Leon at the monthly tournament this weekend. A super heavy with good defense can fuck her up a bit. And of course if you JAK on block, you can get blown up for that. Speed is so overrated in this game. Gotta rethink my gameplan for them.

Edit: Posted the vid of me getting wrecked in the video thread.

Last edited:

Leopold

Could anybody please help me learn or teach me Christie?
I have been practicing combos etc from the guides here but I want to learn techs, setups etc.

The thing is I just recently had access to her and Helena and I'm thinking of switching mains to either one, (or both).

Leopold

I could help you out! Though Awesmic is the Christie prodigy that I've received tutelage from. He produced awesome overviews of her: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/christie-as-of-doa5lr-version-1-01.5267/.

Welcome to the Assassin's Lair ;)! :christie:

Thanks Force! I have seen your videos and you are pretty awesome.

I honestly want to be in top shape for when Steam releases the online patch. Please let me know when you are free so we could do some sessions through psn. I'm down to invest time on her for sure.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
What par of Florida do you live in? I may be able to show some things off with you if the connection isnt too bad.

Leopold

What par of Florida do you live in? I may be able to show some things off with you if the connection isnt too bad.
I'm on central Fl and my connection is usually pretty decent for the most part. Of course nothing beats offline but is playable.

Let me know Goarmagon so I can add you up.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD