"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

Mr.Kwiggle

Yeah, I've noticed it's tough connecting after :P::P: :2::P:. If the opponents too low after a juggle with it, I try to squeeze in a last minute :2::F+K::P: instead. But it's not always guaranteed if they're too low and tech roll.

But on your positive point, do you mean avoid connecting on throw combo punch? so instead you just follow up after her hop with whatever you like? Does the stun last that long? I'll have to try this. I'll check if the opponent can shake out of it too. But it sounds good if it works.

Also, it would be great doing a combo vid :) Online training mode is going to be such a good tool for breaking down characters.

@London Lust, that's the :P: that we've been talking about in the last few posts. So in that vid, the Christie player did :3::P::P:, then held :P: for the third attack.

Yea about following up after the hop, i tried it with someone and i told them to see if they could block or counter and they couldn't, which im guessing makes sense since you would already get a guaranteed hit if you finished the combo throw.

Just to clarify, if Christie got any additional buffs, she'd probably be OP. I see some of you guys asking for changes to compensate for some of her shortcomings from the previous game(s). She is not the Christie you guys once knew. Kwiggle played her like the Christie of old at GVN, but I guarantee that will be a play style of the past once you guys get a grasp on her new stuff.

She is 100% rush down and guard breaks. Evasion is a side thought. Changing a launcher from high to mid or making it launch higher doesn't impact the current state of Christie. Those changes are not necessary at all. Give her better throws and/or higher damage output and she'd be borderline OP.

Yea i agree with you, every body has got to be lacking in something but makes up for it somewhere else. The different launch levels of some of her attacks doesn't really bug me, and I don't think she needs any new throws since she already has one of the best ones in my opinion (the one that leaves your opponent back turned). It would have just been nice to see a new one xD. Also about her damage output she'd be so OP if her attacks did anymore. I was getting half life combos simply from knocking someone into a wall with a two hit string and following up with jabs. I am more than content with the way she has turned out :cool:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Just to clarify, if Christie got any additional buffs, she'd probably be OP. I see some of you guys asking for changes to compensate for some of her shortcomings from the previous game(s). She is not the Christie you guys once knew. Kwiggle played her like the Christie of old at GVN, but I guarantee that will be a play style of the past once you guys get a grasp on her new stuff.

She is 100% rush down and guard breaks. Evasion is a side thought. Changing a launcher from high to mid or making it launch higher doesn't impact the current state of Christie. Those changes are not necessary at all. Give her better throws and/or higher damage output and she'd be borderline OP.
So that confirms I need to learn the punch, kick, and hold buttons all over again.

This sounds exciting.

Doug Nguyen

I didnt really wanna start a new topic since this is the general discussion. So im wondering are there any good force tech moves for Christie? The only one u can think of is :2::F+K:. I wanna know because the main reason i am better with Kasumi is keeping the pressure with force teching but i cant do fast enough ones with Christie.

Mr.Kwiggle

well unfortunately christie's lows are all kinda slow. on top of that most of them used to force a tech roll after only 1 hit in Doa4 and these next examples still do in Doa5. moves like :2::P:, :2::F+K:, :1::P: all cause forced tech and usually causes them to roll away from you so you pressure kinda diminishes. The only move that i can think of that didnt cause a forced tech was :2::K:. In Doa5 though they brought back everyone's down hits so when the opponent is grounded she does the ground hit she did from Doa3 when you press :2::K:. Personally i never tried to force teach with christie since I never seemed to gain from it unless they were right next to a wall lol maybe i was just doing something wrong xD

Goro Hazuki

Mr.Kwiggle is on the money. But Doug, try to mess around with her side step :8: or :2::P+K: then :2::K:. If you anticipate correctly and are fast with your input, you might get the desired effect you're looking for. The side step is nice for bridging gaps as well.

Force tech is not a big part of my game with Christie. I like punishing wake up kicks with her and try to get a sit down stun instead to follow up with a launcher. But, the more the tools the better right?

Goro Hazuki

Double post, but I think it's worth it.

Yea about following up after the hop, i tried it with someone and i told them to see if they could block or counter and they couldn't, which im guessing makes sense since you would already get a guaranteed hit if you finished the combo throw.

You know, if this works and the opponent cannot slow escape out of it, then you've given me a great CB idea! I will try it out next time I get a chance to play the game and update you with it. But my thoughts are:

:3::P+K:,:P::P:,:3::P::P::P:(hold),:6::P+K:(CB)

If it's guaranteed, then it would be an amazing tool to add to her already crazy roster. I'll let you guys know soon if it cannot be slow escaped or if the CB is fast enough to catch the stun. I'm skeptical and hopeful at the same time (if that even makes sense lol)

Doug Nguyen

You know, if this works and the opponent cannot slow escape out of it, then you've given me a great CB idea! I will try it out next time I get a chance to play the game and update you with it. But my thoughts are:

If it's guaranteed, then it would be an amazing tool to add to her already crazy roster. I'll let you guys know soon if it cannot be slow escaped or if the CB is fast enough to catch the stun. I'm skeptical and hopeful at the same time (if that even makes sense lol)
If you can. Try taking some videos, you seem to have lots of ideas and knowledge of Christie.

Mr.Kwiggle

yes i know that would be something wouldn't it haha but ok I'll be looking forward to the result, whether you can CB or not, its still a good tool.

p.s I'm a bit skeptical and hopeful as well lol. Only skeptical about if the CB will come out fast enough to catch them while they are stunned, Hopeful because ill have discovered something amazing xD

Goro Hazuki

If you can. Try taking some videos, you seem to have lots of ideas and knowledge of Christie.

Thanks, I'm still ways away from where I want to be with her. But the progress is coming along. Yeah, I'm gonna try to have something up soon. My access to the game is limited. But limited access is better than no access. A good friend of mine will help with this and he'll probably upload the video directly on here.

@Mr.Kwiggle, if it works, we should call that combo setup the Kwiggle! XD

Mr.Kwiggle

Thanks, I'm still ways away from where I want to be with her. But the progress is coming along. Yeah, I'm gonna try to have something up soon. My access to the game is limited. But limited access is better than no access. A good friend of mine will help with this and he'll probably upload the video directly on here.

@Mr.Kwiggle, if it works, we should call that combo setup the Kwiggle! XD
so jealous for having access to the game period xD and hey why not haha people would really know me then. Although i feel like people wouldn't know whether to laugh or be scared xD

Goro Hazuki

Ok, the Kwiggle doesn't work. Some attacks are fast enough, but the CB is not fast enough to catch during the stun.

But my friend and I messed with her a bit and found a few nice things with her.

For example, one limbo stun can be connected depending on Christie's foot position. So let's say you stun (i.e. with :P+K:), if her forward leg is in the background, side step :8::P+K:, then hit :K:. You should get limbo. If her forward leg is near the foreground, side step :2::P+K:, then hit :K:.

Also, for fun, here are some combos:

1. :P+K:, :P::K::K:, :6::P+K:(CB), :3::P+K:,:K:,:F+K::K:,:F:,:K::K:,:8::P+K:,:P::K::P:

2. Counter low punch :1::F:,:9::K:,:F+K::K:,:F:,:K::K:,:8::P+K:,:P::K::P:

Now, my friend (Emperor Cow) and I have discussed Christie stuff and he's gonna add some stuff and go off to record the video. Once he's done with it and edited, he will post it up here. You guys have Emperor Cow to thank for this :cool:

Edit: EC just messaged me. Christie gets a ground bounce with BT opponents using :214::P:. (I got the ground bounce during a casual match with him and we weren't 100% sure how it worked. So he confirmed in training mode after our session that it works on BT opponents 100% of the time). It's slow and may only work against opponents that like to be in BT (like Ayane, Lisa, helena), but it's good to know.

Mr.Kwiggle

Ok, the Kwiggle doesn't work. Some attacks are fast enough, but the CB is not fast enough to catch during the stun.

For example, one limbo stun can be connected depending on Christie's foot position. So let's say you stun (i.e. with :P+K:), if her forward leg is in the background, side step :8::P+K:, then hit :K:. You should get limbo. If her forward leg is near the foreground, side step :2::P+K:, then hit :K:.

1. :P+K:, :P::K::K:, :6::P+K:(CB), :3::P+K:,:K:,:F+K::K:,:F:,:K::K:,:8::P+K:,:P::K::P:

Now, my friend (Emperor Cow) and I have discussed Christie stuff and he's gonna add some stuff and go off to record the video. Once he's done with it and edited, he will post it up here. You guys have Emperor Cow to thank for this :cool:

Edit: EC just messaged me. Christie gets a ground bounce with BT opponents using :214::P:. It's slow and may only work against opponents that like to be in BT (like Ayane, Lisa, helena), but it's good to know.

Damn lol but ok if you can stun them with a jab or something maybe we could CB them after, so many things to try xD

and wow that 1st combo really connects!? that seems like a lot of hits, though i am aware the (:F+K:) :K: causes them to float up a little higher and so does the second hit from :K::K:. I also always wondered if the last part would work in combos, but i felt like since we got so many hits already while the opponent was airborne, the :K: in the string would whiff since its a hi. Guess i was wrong x)

Also thanks for the second combo example, i could not figure out what to do when i played since :7::P: didn't link to any more punches lol thanks for the info Goro :cool:

Lastly! I dont know who you are Emperor Cow, but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the video!!!

Goro Hazuki

It's my (and EC's) pleasure :) Yeah, the combos all connect in the build we played. Again, I am refraining from posting in the combo thread until we all get the final build upon release date.

I'm excited to see what you come up with as well!

Doug Nguyen

Edit: EC just messaged me. Christie gets a ground bounce with BT opponents using :214::P:. (I got the ground bounce during a casual match with him and we weren't 100% sure how it worked. So he confirmed in training mode after our session that it works on BT opponents 100% of the time). It's slow and may only work against opponents that like to be in BT (like Ayane, Lisa, helena), but it's good to know.
Wow that leg positioning thing sounds really complex while in game, i dont think id be able to think that fast. And were are you getting to play DOA5 so much?

Mr.Kwiggle

Ok, good to know, it did the same thing in Doa4 and will probably be a good thing to use against the people you listed. Also i had another question? You know the throw combo she does when you charge the move well, if you continue the follow up and do the ground bounce, do they bounce higher depending on how much you had them staggered or is it always the same height?

Goro Hazuki

@Doug, my friend knows someone who has access to a later build of the game. So from time to time, I am lucky enough to get some play time with Christie, Akira, and Tina :)

@Mr.kwiggle, It's most probably the same height all the time. I haven't noticed a difference, and my followup strings are usually based on the same bounce height. I found the best follow up to be :2::P::P: then string what you feel suits your mood. I like how :6::K::P: looks afterwards, it has good damage and it connects all the time. :6::K::4::K: is a nice move to kick the opponent behind you (say there's a wall behind you), or :6::P::P: gives you some distance.

Mr.Kwiggle

@Doug, my friend knows someone who has access to a later build of the game. So from time to time, I am lucky enough to get some play time with Christie, Akira, and Tina :)

@Mr.kwiggle, It's most probably the same height all the time. I haven't noticed a difference, and my followup strings are usually based on the same bounce height. I found the best follow up to be :2::P::P: then string what you feel suits your mood. I like how :6::K::P: looks afterwards, it has good damage and it connects all the time. :6::K::4::K: is a nice move to kick the opponent behind you (say there's a wall behind you), or :6::P::P: gives you some distance.
ok thanks for answering, and does :6::K::4::K: only work if you do it while the enemy is airborne? I remember seeing it in the original Christie vs Bayman trailer but wasn't able to do it while i was fighting. I thought maybe they had took it out haha guess I just didn't look through the moves list well enough.

Goro Hazuki

You're absolutely right. It only works on an airborne opponent.

@NocitsLuna, welcome to FSD. There's an intro thread :) I'd post there to say hi to everyone. I agree, Christie is so much fun in this game. Also, she definitely delivers the punishment XD

Mr.Kwiggle

haha, i wonder what her story mode will be like this time. Her, Helena, and the ninjas always have the most interesting ones to watch, except for kasumi's Doa4 one. That fail haha

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD