"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

Rayartz

I'm down for some Christie play.
Fair warning I've never played DOA online or against other people.
Mostly played as Kasumi and Ayane in prior titles - little Hitomi and Helena splashed in
and although I like those characters in this game as well Christie is really calling to me.
So I need to figure out a gameplan with her.

DR2K

I personally don't think Christie was made for rushing down 100% of the time, I think mixing in evasion and rushdown is good.

She's designed to rush down. Learn her guard breaks, abuse her 4in1, easiest character to CB with in my opinion. If you know how to read frame data the guide is like a bible. Christie is like a Vf character in that she wants to stay at advantage forever.

LondonLust

She's designed to rush down. Learn her guard breaks, abuse her 4in1, easiest character to CB with in my opinion. If you know how to read frame data the guide is like a bible. Christie is like a Vf character in that she wants to stay at advantage forever.

4in1? what is that again :p

Goro Hazuki

I personally don't think Christie was made for rushing down 100% of the time, I think mixing in evasion and rushdown is good.

I agree with this. Her rush down is great, but you can do so well with her evasion, mix up, and spacing game too. The only problem with Christie is that she doesn't have a lot of sit-down and limbo stuns. She makes up for it though. She's an absolute gem in this game.

LondonLust

I should've told London I was trolling yesterday...

And you were trolling when you said she was rock bottom tier. I thought you only trolled on Tuesdays?

I agree with this. Her rush down is great, but you can do so well with her evasion, mix up, and spacing game too. The only problem with Christie is that she doesn't have a lot of sit-down and limbo stuns. She makes up for it though. She's an absolute gem in this game.

Exactly. Her damage is still lacking, but it's been like that in every game.

Madian

Something I just found (and if anyone wants to test this further be my guest). Some of you may have noticed that on hit :3::P::P::P: can be held out of at random occasions. I found that if you do the chain at max range the opponent can't hold out of the first hit thus giving you a mix up. This is due to the fact that the closer you are, the sooner the opponent begins their hit animation and thus they recover faster. If done standing toe-to-toe with your opponent, the opponent can mid punch out. If it is blocked completely you're of course at a more-or-less safe -5.

Mr.Kwiggle

did you guys know that she can be hit before she can block after her forward PP even if it hits, i think that is the stupidest thing ever. Even if you go into her stance after you can get hit if your opponent tries a low jab or kick. They need to fix that.

Madian

did you guys know that she can be hit before she can block after her forward PP even if it hits, i think that is the stupidest thing ever. Even if you go into her stance after you can get hit if your opponent tries a low jab or kick. They need to fix that.

I just checked it out and and it's -12 on hit. Looking at her other attacks it seems that a lot of them have the same problem. For instance :P::P::P: is -10 on hit. It's unfortunate too since :6::P: comes out so fast.

ILYA✰

Wow.. Started playing the game yesterday.
I only touched Christie, went through the arcade couple of times on different difficulties,
And then played some matches online (the lag wasnt bad at all!).
Noticed that some of my combos didnt work anymore...

Then went through command training to see what's new.
They have taken some moves away, but seeing what she has gotten in return I am happy with her.

Also what I noticed is that without her old stance it was harder to dodge some moves.
This was especially noticeable when playing against Jann Lee.
I need to figure out a good way to dodge those kicks again ;)

It seems obvious that in order to be victorious in this installment of the game,
I really have to come up with new tactics and combo set-ups.
It's also pretty clear that Christie can be one of the best characters in this game when in right hands :D

I'm so happy!!!
Let the long journey to the top begin~

LondonLust

Chrisite can be really good but you can't be predictable. I've had a lot of games where I dominated the first 2 rounds then they started adapting and it was a really close game that I would lose (or win sometimes).

She is way better in this game and takes less work to win than DOA4 but she's still one of the harder characters to learn and win with despite being high tier ;P but damn some of her setups with the new stances are nasty. Literally nothing is more rewarding than sidestepping an attack with Jakeiho, dashing back (in the stance) then grabbing while simultaneously dodging all of their moves :D

Mr.Kwiggle

yea I dont get why they gave characters moves that are unsafe even on hit, oh well just dont use em 2 often haha. A couple great things I noticed were that with all of her guard break moves like :236::P: or when you charge her barrage you can do one of the following:
a jab which will beat anything except a low that can be followed by a kick to cause a stun if they tried to attack, you can do her 6K which will stun them if they try anything, her down jab will also beat anything they try to do, if they try to sidestep you got her :F+K: which will track and stun, lastly I noticed people like to stay blocking after a guard break. You can do her 66throw because it comes out so fast. Your opponent has almost no time to react.

Also if you do her 4p+k and your opponent guards, not only does it break there guard but you get a free 6p after that causes a stun. From there the fun begins...hehehe this is already my favorite move

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD