"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

ILYA✰

I'm so excited about her story mode too :)
There has to be something new to the Helena/Christie thing, and I'd also like to see her get back at Bayman once again :D
One video showed a scene where Rig and Christie were at a bar, so guaranteed storyline there... Maybe Christie is assigned to kill Rig????
haha:christie:<3

EDIT: Also, I think we should make this the GENERAL CHRISTIE DISCUSSION THREAD or something...?

Mr.Kwiggle

well a majority of the thread is her gameplay, this was just a little side thought lol but yea the whole Helena/Christie thing is what I'm really interested in. There's gota be some sorta bad blood between them still since Helena found out the truth. Lol what if Rig was Fame Douglass' unheard of, adopted son or some crap, jk it seems weird that she knows him though.

Goro Hazuki

Hey Awesmic, are you going to do a summary of Christie's recommended strategies, move properties, stuns etc.. on the 1st post?

It would be appreciated by myself (and other members I'm sure) to have this all organised and summarized in one place.

If you don't feel like you want to be held with the responsibility of updating posts, I have the second post in this thread so I'm more than happy to step up and just edit that with all the info we rack up in here.

Let me know what you prefer.. :)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hey Awesmic, are you going to do a summary of Christie's recommended strategies, move properties, stuns etc.. on the 1st post?

It would be appreciated by myself (and other members I'm sure) to have this all organised and summarized in one place.

If you don't feel like you want to be held with the responsibility of updating posts, I have the second post in this thread so I'm more than happy to step up and just edit that with all the info we rack up in here.

Let me know what you prefer.. :)
I overlooked this...

I'll organize this as best I can.

Goro Hazuki

Good news everyone! Go to about the 19:08 mark in this video...

Remember when I said Christie doesn't connect punch strings after :7::P:. Well, it seems they put that back in the final build :)
I'm glad to see this back.

Mr.Kwiggle

Good news everyone! Go to about the 19:08 mark in this video...

Remember when I said Christie doesn't connect punch strings after :7::P:. Well, it seems they put that back in the final build :)
I'm glad to see this back.

yes i was just about to say that!!! xD haha also one other beautiful move i noticed! remember how i said her :4: :P+K: from her stance seemed to be gone!! well go to 20:11 in the video and she does it! whoo! and it looks like it can be done from standing! (i know i got hype hype xD) anyone know where this video is from though? i just happened to be looking around in the threads and this vid popped up. Whos playing it?

Goro Hazuki

I know, I was bummed that was gone too. So glad it's back.
I don't know who's playing. The Youtube description says "director something on time attack at TGS". Someone who reads better Japanese would be more useful lol.

LondonLust

This isn't gameplay, but each character was supposed to have 10 costumes right?

If so, I'd love to see what hers would be <3

Goro Hazuki

Hmmm, it seems the AI has moves with Christie that we can't do? Is this normal?

I can't do the two moves were thought were back:
-Christie doesn't connect punch strings after :7::P:
-and I don't think she does the double arm launch we thought was back as well. (I couldn't find it in the move list)

LondonLust

Anyone find out a good way to use her CB? It's a mid punch so people almost always counter it, even the noobs.

Goro Hazuki

Throw them off with lows as you build up to it. Or just launch them as is with a kick if you know they're countering mid punch. Or throw an extra high for a mix up then try the CB after.

Unfortunately, it's tough to CB after her sit-down stun (:214::P:) . And even then, it can be slow escaped (but you should land it a good number of times as the long duration of the stun can help you there).

Edit: In the patch notes, they say this about Christie:
1K6K while in Jakeiho
Changed damage reaction to crumple stun when landing as a low counter or hi counter hit
Crumple might work if you're fast with the CB input. I'm going to bed now, so this will have to wait until tomorrow for me to experiment with.

LondonLust

Yeah, I know Christie is 100% rushdown and guard breaks like DrDogg said, but I can't rush down for shi* right now lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD