"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

xOmniCloudx

I'm so used to people picking up Hitomi, when they see me use Christie.. So funny because it's a lot easier to read the player when you've already fought a thousand Hitomis before :D

Right now I consider Hayate and Rig my hardest match-ups..

And to the guy complaining,,,
I take pride in maining Christie. She's not an easy character, never was and never will be.
She plays very different from the other cast members, which in my opinion is only a good thing.
If you want easy sit down and pick another character. If you want challenge, it's a mountain to climb.

I would never change my main only because they seem to be an underdog...
Winning using a character like Christie feels dignified and justified in my mind.
Hell, if I ever get to top-8 at a tournament that will mean a world to me :)

Who said anything about easy wins? If I wanted easy wins I'd abuse Mila infinites or pick the auto best character(s). I'm not even into Jann Lee or the VF characters and they're all undoubtedly top contenders in this game. I just want things that are reasonable. Doesn't even have to be the strongest character in the game (most characters in fighters I play end up mid tiers anyway). If you have fun playing a character denied of options they should be getting then that's fine. More power to you. I however do not under any circumstances. Doesn't make me feel better about myself or anything since I'm not playing for pats on the back. It's just bad balancing in regards to that character is all. It's not so much the difficulty of winning with the character despite the work put in so much as the reasons as to why it's like that. Trade off ratio isn't anywhere near balanced enough. But hey, you guys enjoy playing her despite all that and glad to see other people can where I can't. Just not the character for me seeing the situation.

ILYA✰

I'm sorry if I'm wrong but you must be pretty new to playing Christie right?
In DoA5 she is stronger than ever, in pretty much all aspects.
Yes, they took away some moves and her stance, but those thing didn't make her worse.
We're not talking about Helena kind of nerfing here..

Picking up Christie, you have to be a good player already, in a sense.
She's not safe and she doesn't hit hard, hold hard or throw hard :D
You have to look for windows, opportunities to punish, right ways to use her holds even. And those throws aren't that bad either... Her stuns are good and from there you have to learn how to launch and juggle effectively.
With a good combo her damage output is pretty awesome.
Jakeiho is working and her evasiveness overall is very good.

I think that if there is a "solution" to this situation, it is just to play more and practice more with Christie.
To me, you are sounding like you just don't get the style she has and therefore you are unable to use her "correctly".
I know it can be frustrating to lose to someone when you know they are not better than you.

K I think I'm done.

xOmniCloudx

Thank you for clearing up how she compares to her past self. Though, I've seen what the entire cast can do. She's a nobody by comparison to most and again one of the hardest to play despite that. It's foolish to argue that regardless of how she compares to past versions of herself. Nothing you said about how she played never denied. I even overlapped what you said going off my analysis. Like I already, said if this doesn't bother you then more power to you but it bothers me so like I said I'm staying away. Also, you don't fix balance solutions by playing the character more as that makes no sense and doesn't go into what balance is (just determines how things should be balanced). You fix that by balancing the game better. We live in the age of patching, various other fighters have already patched and buffed characters that needed it because that was the solution. We're just arguing to argue now. Just gonna leave it here. Have fun playing Christie, I'm moving on.

ILYA✰

Thanks for the reply.
Though I think that if we start to buff Christie too much, she will become another Hayabusa, and people start to noob-spam her...
I might not understand what you would like to be "balanced".

LondonLust

I guess if you don't want to pick her up because's she's too hard, that's okay >_> but she's really good this time around, but takes work.

NoctisLuna

I like this character everyone else seems generic to me except for the vf characters. I do want to play pai after i learn more.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
And to the guy complaining,,,
I take pride in maining Christie. She's not an easy character, never was and never will be.
She plays very different from the other cast members, which in my opinion is only a good thing.
If you want easy sit down and pick another character. If you want challenge, it's a mountain to climb.

I would never change my main only because they seem to be an underdog...
Winning using a character like Christie feels dignified and justified in my mind.
Hell, if I ever get to top-8 at a tournament that will mean a world to me :)

I was kind of waiting for this..
I like this guy's way of thinking.

I knew someone who placed top 8 once.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Christie stuff

Just so you know, Awesmic was being facetious. He was considered by many to be THE Christie player in the DOA 4 days, and managed to both beat Master and top 8 DID 7 with her. Mr. Kwiggle also had a very strong showing with her at the GVN pre release tourney recently. Tom Brady and VirtuaPai also used her on occasion during the 3.1 days.

As far as how she is in this game, she's a really strong character, but your mind games have to be top notch to use her effectively. She's not an easy character to play as, but the reward for learning her is immense as it's extraordinarily easy to blow people up with her, especially overly defensive opponents. Her rushdown game is second to none and she has a lot of unique pressure options that involve her sidestep cancels out of her strings and her guard breaks. She's not for everybody, but she can certainly hang with the Jann Lees and Akiras if you put in the work with her.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Just so you know, Awesmic was being facetious. He was considered by many to be THE Christie player in the DOA 4 days, and managed to both beat Master and top 8 DID 7 with her. Mr. Kwiggle also had a very strong showing with her at the GVN pre release tourney recently. Tom Brady and VirtuaPai also used her on occasion during the 3.1 days.
SweetKisses placed top 8 at GVN Summer Bash 2 in '08.

Goro Hazuki

@OmniCloud, I understand where your coming from. But Christie can get big damage. A proper single combo with her can do 90 to 115 damage without the wall. Add the wall to her game and you easily break 135. I understand Bass can get 150 etc, but factor in her speed, evasion, and numerous options. To be honest, Christie (and Akira) are the only characters I'd feel comfortable entering a serious competition. And even then, Christie would be my first choice.

If you are interested in her, I suggest you give her some time. I think you will be pleased if you did. Otherwise, all the other characters go from great to decent, so any time spent on the others is good too.

To be honest, I'm lost on who to devote time to next. I'm diggin' that Lisa, but there's also Bass, Bayman, Helena, Eliot, Zack, Sarah, Mila, and even Brad (Chosen1 repped him really well and I like Brad's potential).

MasterHavik

Hey i'm thinking of playing Christie because Tina is starting to low trash to me. What tips can you give me on playing her?

Scornwell

Hey i'm thinking of playing Christie because Tina is starting to low trash to me. What tips can you give me on playing her?
Lolwut?
I'd say the two things that Christie is best at are offensive pressure and environmental manipulation. She has the ability to bait counters at Ayane levels and is probably the best character in the entire roster at directing characters into danger zones. Christie's entire offensive strategy revolves around her Jakeiho stance, or the options she has in place of it.

With this stance, she has:
- 3 ways to continue a stun, one of which can Limbo on counter
- 1 Launcher
- 1 (insanely fast) knockback kick
- 2 guard breaks at +2i
- and a dragon gunner-esque sliding grab that gives you +21. Jann Lee? Jann PLeese
- 1 slide kick.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Christie is an Achilles heel to particularly to people like Lisa/La Mariposa. Definetly an "in-your-face" type character. I'm starting to like her more than ever. She's like 3rd on my list now. I think she can match up well with anybody as long as you can apply pressure & keep up the offense.

MasterHavik

Lolwut?
I'd say the two things that Christie is best at are offensive pressure and environmental manipulation. She has the ability to bait counters at Ayane levels and is probably the best character in the entire roster at directing characters into danger zones. Christie's entire offensive strategy revolves around the her Jakeiho stance, or the options she has in place of it.

With this stance, she has:
- 3 ways to continue a stun, one of which can Limbo on counter
- 1 Launcher
- 1 (insanely fast) knockback kick
- 2 guard breaks at +2i
- 1 slide kick
- and a dragon gunner-esque sliding grab that gives you +21i. Jann Lee? Jann PLeese.
should have been looking trash to me. Btu whatever thanks for the help.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD