Nyotengu's Demonic Combo Thread

TRI Mike

What I am supposed to do after PP6PP¿ the opponent is left on a bound and she flies up to them. I tried going to Hiten but nothing seems to be good enough.

EDIT: Do we have a video guide for her yet¿

Codemaster92163

:9::P: is an awful move. You can literally just jab her out of any option from it. Only viable as a whiff punish.

The move by itself isn't awful. If people wish to jab you out of it, using :P+K: > :P+K: or :2::K: works fairly well. It really shouldn't be used much, but now that there's an actual mix-up involved with the move itself, it's a lot more viable than it ever used to be. Easy way to cover ground.

What I am supposed to do after PP6PP¿ the opponent is left on a bound and she flies up to them. I tried going to Hiten but nothing seems to be good enough.

EDIT: Do we have a video guide for her yet¿

I use :P::P::6::P::P::P: > :7::K::P: for the damage. So once she stops flying, just hit the opponent with the backflip.

TRI Mike

Do I have enough time to wait for her to stop flying, hit the ground and land both hits in 7KP¿ Are you sure I don't have to go to Hiten¿

Darth Lotonic X

The move by itself isn't awful. If people wish to jab you out of it, using :P+K: > :P+K: or :2::K: works fairly well. It really shouldn't be used much, but now that there's an actual mix-up involved with the move itself, it's a lot more viable than it ever used to be. Easy way to cover ground.

A jab was really just an example. It doesn't have to be a jab, any move that has decent range should do. You're gonna get shit on by Jann Lee's 6H+K or Bass' 3P. Your floaty gimmickry is only gonna succeed in you getting juggled more. There is no actual mix-up here.

I guess I should point out that most of my criticisms are theory. Theoretically, all of the above is true; but that doesn't mean that :9::P: BS wont work on some people.

It does traverse stages pretty fast. I'll give you that one.

Codemaster92163

I'm not saying you should use it to be right on the opponent. I only use it to throw whiffed WUKs (and the occasional player that doesn't expect it), and close the gap, though not all the way. You're only going to get hit if you fly straight into them. Since entering Hiten makes her fly a little ways up and back, getting -near- them with 9P then going into Hiten evades most everything while safely closing the distance and making your opponent think you're going to throw them. Besides, Hiten T has a lot of range on it, so you can cancel her 9P and still end up throwing anyway if you want while evading a move

Tenryuga

IMO the best way to use 9P in neutral is 3/4ths to full screen then cancel into Hiten around mid screen. This puts you in a good range for Nyo and allows you to whiff punish with Hiten moves. Some of them can actually make contact on block from this range. Otherwise I limit it to whiff punishment and the bound situation.

KING JAIMY

Do I have enough time to wait for her to stop flying, hit the ground and land both hits in 7KP¿ Are you sure I don't have to go to Hiten¿
If you do PP6PPP, four punches will land as a hit and the fifth punch (marked bold) will send Nyotengu flying forward (like if she did a 9P), so the gap is closed and you can do 7KP easily.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Okay @Codemaster92163 I tried using your tip on the wall, and after the opponent gets out of the wall sit down, I can't seem to do the wind gust, or the PB unless I hit the exact frame after stand up. I actually lost a match because of this. Nyo just torpedoed towards the opponent and stared at her and then I was throw punished.

I've had better luck hitting with a charged 4 H+K, 7KP

Codemaster92163

You can't release the wind as soon as it's charged. It'll hit them in their invulnerability frames as well. Just delay the execution a bit, and I don't even bother with the PB since people tend to counter it anyways. If I don't go for the additional 30 damage from 8P+K, I sometimes cancel the wind and use 6T, or 4P works as well for the GB.

Trust me, don't bother with her PB. That's better saved for whiff punishing anyways do to its insane range.

Nightpup

:9::P: is an awful move. You can literally just jab her out of any option from it. Only viable as a whiff punish.
It's great as a bait actually. Depending on the distance, you could 9P into Hiten. She backs up when she goes into Hiten, so you could feint the enemy with that then follow up with like 2K or something.

Lady Tengu

I use :P::P::6::P::P::P: > :7::K::P: for the damage. So once she stops flying, just hit the opponent with the backflip.
I cant really check right now but can you do :P::P::6::P::P::P:>:P+K:>Hiten :2::K:>:7::K::P:
Or Does it end the combo after the :2::K: Can check right now I'm out of town :(

Codemaster92163

So, I figured out a way to get an opponent BT in certain situations that gives Tengu a 50/50 with a guaranteed combo based on if they SE fastest/fast or slow/not at all. Counters are irrelevant for this setups as well :D I'll share it in a while after I do more testing, but a good BT combo is :6::6::P: > :6::6::K: > :6::6::P: > :H+K::P+K: > :P::P: > :P::K: > :H+P:

This setup gives you a 50/50 shot of getting anywhere from 128 damage (if they don't do anything) to 145 damage (if they try to attack, which some people might considering the other option she has which I'll also share in a bit) to 167 damage (if they try to throw, which in all honesty will probably never happen).

EDIT: Alright, so I tested it out and it works on people too, and they can't dash out of it, guard it, or anything of the sort. It requires a ceiling, that being the only requirement for the combo, but it does amazing damage and has amazing mixup potential as well, where you can even go for a 1 guess CB if you want (if they don't SE on fastest).

If your opponent is slow at staggering or just doesn't do it at all, follow up her :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: with :8::P:. The punch should whiff, then use the aforementioned finisher on them, which is all guaranteed.

If they're decent at staggering or entirely perfect at it, use :H+P: after the throw which, again, should whiff, and follow it up with the same setup.

You can also use :6::6::K: > :6::6::P: > :1::P: > _____ as your method of mixup, which allows you to get a guaranteed :3::P: launch at the end (knowledge courtesy of Silent Screams) or a 1 guess CB where they either counter it or they don't. If they try to counter, just reset the situation with another :4::1::2::3::6::H+P:. I just learned that they can SE the CB if they do it on fastest, so you're probably better off going for the launch, but you can still go for the throw again after :1::P: if you really want, and it will probably connect.

Obviously this can't be used everywhere, but considering she gets around 200 damage in a roofed area with a simple 50/50 is absurd. And hell, if you don't want to go for it, just opt for the guaranteed damage instead. Either way, it's a win/win for you.

Last edited:

Timasty

Anyone know here if she has some sort of guaranteed (while enemy in air) H+K P+K (Hiten)2T?
It looks really sweet which is why I would like to use it but I can't think of something...
I tried things like (Cr. Lvl 3) H+K P+K (Hiten) PP (Hiten) P H+K P+K (Hiten) 2T, but it'll only work if your oponent doesn't TR or WUK which is rarely the case.

Anyone an idea?

Oh and here 2 juggles which give either +FA or extra guaranteed damage:

Superlight - Welter
:214::P: :P+K: (Hiten):P::P: (Hiten):2::H+P: If TR: +4 FA & 26 Dmg OR if trying to WUK: 56 Dmg

Med - Heavy (not Super Heavy):

:H+K: :P+K: (Hiten):P::P: (Hiten):2::H+P: If TR: +5 FA & 27 Dmg OR if trying to WUK: 57 Dmg

I do not want to count on how many times players fell for this trick and actually thought they'd be in advantage for TRin'. Especially against Nyotengu which is a slow character.
(Cr. Lvl 2, gives like +4 or +3 at med weights so it doesn't really matter which Cr. Lvl. you're launchin')

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD