Nyotengu's Demonic Combo Thread

Codemaster92163

Decent wall setups here. :P::P::6::P::P:(tiny delay):P::2::H+P: will either get you the ground grab or leave you at somewhere just above neutral. I can't tell what the frames are specifically just yet, but I'll do that later or someone else can.

Also, when using her :1::P::P: string, you can forgo the :P+K: and instead just do the third :P: , a slight delay, then :P+K::2::H+P: for the same exact situation I mentioned earlier. The only difference is this one requires timing instead of just doing it.

Like someone mentioned above, :4::P: will become a really useful tool for both easy access damage and mixup. It will be similar to Zack's :9::P::P: > :4::K:, except you only need to land one hit and the stun is much better. So you can either follow it up with BT :4::K: for the SDS and launch, :4::P: if you expect them to counter, or just turn around and do her launching throw for a ton of free damage. Even BT :2::P: leaves her at +19 on fastest SE, so you can follow that up with :3::P:

It's not that it's necessarily better than any other setup, but the prospect of guaranteed damage usually means people will recognize it faster and counter it more readily than other general setups, so you're more likely to get someone anticipating her SDS, allowing you to get more throws.

I mean hell, even on block it's fantastic, as she has 2 BT tracking moves from it (:4::K: and :2::K: which, by the way, is a safe low), and she's at +12 on block. You're not likely to find a much better move on both block and hit than this one, so cherish it.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Something cute I've been doing:

If you land a 4p, go into 4k and this guarantees (I think) a 3p launcher from the sitdown stun. On lightweights you can follow up with 8ppp p+k into air throw for 109 damage altogether.

Yes, the 3P is guaranteed, but due to it's range nerf from DOA4, it's not gonna hit unless you're really close to them.

You could get close to a wall to so that you and your foe will be closer together after the BT4K, then go BT and land BT4K, launch with 3P, and go for 1PP, P+K, Hiten P+K which (I think) is her best wall juggle.

Codemaster92163

Oh, and there may be some benefit to cutting her :6::6::T: short when used against the wall. I understand you get more damage when finishing up with the :P:, but the first part alone leaves them in a sitting position where they can't use a WUK, giving you TONS of frames to work with - enough to charge a :4::P+K: or do whatever the hell else you want.

xWildx

Yes, the 3P is guaranteed, but due to it's range nerf from DOA4, it's not gonna hit unless you're really close to them.

You could get close to a wall to so that you and your foe will be closer together after the BT4K, then go BT and land BT4K, launch with 3P, and go for 1PP, P+K, Hiten P+K which (I think) is her best wall juggle.

The range isn't that bad, I was doing it easily from mid screen >_>

Tenryuga

A universal power launcher juggle:

:7::[h+k]: > :4::[h+k]: > :8::P::P::P: > Hiten :P+K:.

Also best wall juggle I believe is :1::P::P: > Hiten :P::P::P: which is universal. It's 9 points more damage than :1::P::P: > Hiten :P+K:.

Codemaster92163

:4::K: into a wall guarantees her air throw on all weight classes. It does a few points less than her :1::P: combo, but damned if it's not 10x cooler.

KING JAIMY

Nice CB combo I've found (works up to midweights): CB - H+K.P+K - Hiten PP - Hiten PP - Hiten P+K

Also had some questions, would be appreciated if anybody could answer them:

1. Is it true that: P+K (or any other stun) - PP2KK gives a higher launch than CB - H+K?

This combo worked on Rig (midweight): P+K - PP2KK.P+K - Hiten PP - Hiten PK - T, but not this variant: CB - H+K.P+K - Hiten PP - Hiten PK - T. The throw would whiff on the second setup.

2. How do you get BT 4P to hit after PP4P? In the past the setup worked with old Tengu: PP4P - BT 4P. Now BT 4P whiffs.

3. Are there any setups which guarantee a ground grab?

Found a new use for PP6PPP that hasn't been posted yet! :)

PP6PPP > 7KP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikotsumi

I haven't bought Nyo yet but i saw someone doing this pretty cool combo on a middleweight:
CB :H+K: :P+K: > Hiten :P::P: > Hiten :P::P: > Hiten :2::H+P:
Don't know if Hiten :2::H+P: is guaranteed.

Brute

Standard Donor
Has anyone found any effective ways to get the opponent BT? Like, any camera tricks or anything?

tekkin88

Nice CB combo I've found (works up to midweights): CB - H+K.P+K - Hiten PP - Hiten PP - Hiten P+K

Also had some questions, would be appreciated if anybody could answer them:

1. Is it true that: P+K (or any other stun) - PP2KK gives a higher launch than CB - H+K?

This combo worked on Rig (midweight): P+K - PP2KK.P+K - Hiten PP - Hiten PK - T, but not this variant: CB - H+K.P+K - Hiten PP - Hiten PK - T. The throw would whiff on the second setup.

2. How do you get BT 4P to hit after PP4P? In the past the setup worked with old Tengu: PP4P - BT 4P. Now BT 4P whiffs.

3. Are there any setups which guarantee a ground grab?

Found a new use for PP6PPP that hasn't been posted yet! :)

PP6PPP > 7KP.
To answer your 2nd and 3rd questions:
BT4P won't combo off of 4P naturally anymore, unless your opponent holds at a specific time. Other options you could use instead are BT4K or BT2P which either give you a guaranteed launch or a good amount of frame advantage respectively.
The only situations I know of that guarantee a ground throw are: 1PPP > Hiten 2H+P and BT6H+P > Hiten 2H+P

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
She's really effective in tag with both :8::P::P: and :1::P::P: not causing wall splat and being really good as combo extenders.

Generally, she's good at dealing damage, it's just that you need to use her right. There's enough in terms of tools to try and have your own play style, but she's still going to struggle a bit against some characters, which is kind of a give with characters like her DOA. I think one of her biggest weaknesses is her weight class. I still see no reason why she could not have been a heavy weight with her abysmal speed.

Nightpup

For those who aren't aware: Nyo's hidden Combo Hold with 66T against the wall: Hit P when Combo Hold shows up.

Actually is that still hidden or did they add it to the move list?

Nightpup

My favorite CB combo so far: CB! -> H+KP+K -> Hiten PPP+K -> Hiten PK -> T
Works on lightweights with some room for error. Works on midweights but only if you do it as fast as possible.

Codemaster92163

If you can time her transition into Hiten nearly perfectly, you can get :H+K: and even :P::P::P: off of her :1::P: bounces. Consider it a JF, but with less strict timing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD